Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christmas decorations be allowed and put in public places?
Yes 185 78.72%
No 23 9.79%
Only if other religious holidays symbols are put 27 11.49%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Christians knows everything about Judaism, because Christianity split from Judaism since the Jews refused to accept their Messiah. Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) is still read and taught at churches, along with our New Testament.

Who doesn't know anything about Jews and their holidays? Jews are only 2% of the US population, yet it seems like they are 40% because they shovel their culture and holidays in our throats (Especially here in New York area). Kiryas Joel (A City in NY State) has a "Welcome" sign saying how to observe and respect the Hassidic Jews in the city, since they are majority, and wants us to dress up modesty.

Orthodox Jews (Especially Hassidic and Heredim) barely knows anything outside their religion and sect. The word 'Jesus' is banned.

I already know everything about every single religion, and I studied religion in college for a year.
Everything?

Not likely.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Christians knows everything about Judaism, because Christianity split from Judaism since the Jews refused to accept their Messiah. Old Testament (Hebrew Bible) is still read and taught at churches, along with our New Testament.

Who doesn't know anything about Jews and their holidays? Jews are only 2% of the US population, yet it seems like they are 40% because they shovel their culture and holidays in our throats (Especially here in New York area). Kiryas Joel (A City in NY State) has a "Welcome" sign saying how to observe and respect the Hassidic Jews in the city, since they are majority, and wants us to dress up modesty.

Orthodox Jews (Especially Hassidic and Heredim) barely knows anything outside their religion and sect. The word 'Jesus' is banned.

I already know everything about every single religion, and I studied religion in college for a year.

Of course you would know a lot about Christianity, because you live in a predominately Christian nation. You should be happy and blessed for being among us peaceful, tolerant, and loving Christians.
You know everything? You don't even know your own Bible if you claim that.
1 Corinthians 8:2-3 King James Version (KJV)

2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know

Old 11-21-2012, 04:02 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
I think ALL DECORATIONS SHOULD BE ALLOWED! (Why just christmas??)

Its all out of control!!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:

Of course you would know a lot about Christianity, because you live in a predominately Christian nation. You should be happy and blessed for being among us peaceful, tolerant, and loving Christians.
LOL... I doubt you know everything, based on the ignorance I've already seen from you. For one thing, you seem to be judging ALL American Jews based on the Hasidim & ultra-Orthodoxim - which is quite ridiculous, like if I were to judge all American Christians based on Westboro Baptist Church. Guess what? Most of us think they (Hasidim etc) are kooky and intolerant too, and yet you're probably thinking I applaud their actions. Nope, in fact I dislike their behavior even more than most other religions' extremists. My best friend & I were actually JUST discussing how oppressive they are, since her Israeli-Orthodox Uncle left a crazy message about how she needs to dress & act at Shabbat this week.

And yes, I am happy to live among tolerant and loving Christians. So far you haven't shown yourself to be one, however, so don't insult those who are by including yourself in that group... I mean, aren't you the same person who said you'd try to get a hard-working cashier fired for saying "Happy Holidays" on Christmas? Yeah, that's super tolerant of you. And while most of the Christians where I live are cool, the overall attitude of the American religious (any religion) right is anything BUT "tolerant, peaceful & loving." I get along well with most types of people in this world, but religious zealots and bullies are not on my happy list. Sorry!

I'm done discussing this issue with you now, but will leave you with my annual message:

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-21-2012 at 05:20 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Xians should NOT be given any priviledge over any other faith or non-faith on any level of government.
You are correct. Christianity has enjoyed a long run as the alpha religion in this country and it is now slowly, but rightfully, coming to an end.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:41 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
As long as symbols or displays representing other religions(or lack thereof) are allowed.
We should make sure all 35,000 Protestant sects are represented as well.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:13 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,587,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You are correct. Christianity has enjoyed a long run as the alpha religion in this country and it is now slowly, but rightfully, coming to an end.
LOL sure it is. How is it coming to an end?

Keep dreaming, Stalin.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
I wouldn't say it's coming to an end but it's certainly becoming more diluted. The younger generation have access to more information than ever and are choosing to tune out religion. Technology has enabled us to make significant strides in this area.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Can we get through Thanksgiving before we start debating Christmas decorations?

Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Can we get through Thanksgiving before we start debating Christmas decorations?
Haha... nope! They were frothing at the mouth starting the day after Halloween, just WAITING for their chance to start the annual "War on Christmas" whine-fest. It's actually become more of a holiday tradition than egg nog, LOL.

I actually find the whole thing quite amusing now, and also ironic that a Jew (me) has more "Christmas spirit" than most Christians these days. I'll be enjoying the decorations and festivities over the next month, while so many of them are just wandering the streets looking for things to complain about... waaaah the clerk at Wal-Mart didn't say MERRY CHRISTMAS to me, waaaah the ratio of Christmas to Chanukah & Kwanzaa cards isn't to my liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies