Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Christmas decorations be allowed and put in public places?
Yes 185 78.72%
No 23 9.79%
Only if other religious holidays symbols are put 27 11.49%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:15 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,345,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
In what way?
In the way of people like yourself feeling the need to pose the question, "Should Christmas decorations be allowed in public places."

Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,588,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
In the way of people like yourself feeling the need to pose the question, "Should Christmas decorations be allowed in public places."
We have separation of church and state, and we all respect that. We cannot go and change the constitution and make Christianity as an official state religion. However, we are a democratic nation, and we believe that the majority should vote for if they want certain things or not, such as what I asked about this thread.

The government still favor us Christians in many ways over another religion anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
We have separation of church and state, and we all respect that. We cannot go and change the constitution and make Christianity as an official state religion. However, we are a democratic nation, and we believe that the majority should vote for if they want certain things or not, such as what I asked about this thread.

The government still favor us Christians in many ways over another religion anyway, so it's not a big deal.
As I said, slowly but surely. When I was a kid, no one would have questioned whether or not Christmas decorations should be allowed in public places, and there were nativity scenes on courthouse lawns.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
As I said, slowly but surely. When I was a kid, no one would have questioned whether or not Christmas decorations should be allowed in public places, and there were nativity scenes on courthouse lawns.
That's mostly true, because atheists were more peaceful, tolerant, and quiet back then until the 60s when a crazy and evil lady found the "American Atheist" group, and sued and got rid if prayers from public schools.
Fortunately, she was kidnapped and murdered by another militant atheist

The main problem is with Christians in this country, it sometimes makes me wish they were more intolerant and fought for their faith and forced it more into the public like they do in Islamic nations. Christians are the majority everywhere, and run the country, yet they let the minorities get their way!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,175,722 times
Quote:
That's mostly true, because atheists were more peaceful, tolerant, and quiet back then until the 60s when a crazy and evil lady found the "American Atheist" group, and sued and got rid if prayers from public schools.

The main problem is with Christians in this country, it sometimes makes me wish they were more intolerant and fought for their faith and forced it more into the public like they do in Islamic nations. Christians are the majority everywhere, and run the country, yet they let the minorities get their way!
We'd have to a Christian nation for that to work and we're not.

Nothing like a Christian applauding murder.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:

Unbelievable post. What you suggest is a Christian Taliban. Too bad for you that a little thing like the US Constitution will always get in your way....

Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,454,672 times
Christmas isn't even a Christian holiday it's just about spend spend spend blah blah blah. This is why Jews trump up Hannukah even though it's not even a major holiday in their religion.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,124 times
Dealaboo votes Yes for Christmas decorations should have been allowed in public places.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
This is why Jews trump up Hannukah even though it's not even a major holiday in their religion.
That's what I said earlier and then many Jews in the forum got mad.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Unbelievable post. What you suggest is a Christian Taliban. Too bad for you that a little thing like the US Constitution will always get in your way....
Do you know what Taliban is and stands for, and what they have done?

the UK, Norway, Brazil, etc. how do they treat their people being a Christian country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies