Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of people with children that only watch Nickelodeon with all the old shows.

I get so tired of watching all the blood and guts on TV shows plus the news shows try to sensationalize all their stories. Like they say, "Blood leads." Any story like that is up front. No wonder we have so many skeptics about life now.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I know a lot of people with children that only watch Nickelodeon with all the old shows.

I get so tired of watching all the blood and guts on TV shows plus the news shows try to sensationalize all their stories. Like they say, "Blood leads." Any story like that is up front. No wonder we have so many skeptics about life now.
Well, here's some television that won't offend you and may even educate you as to just how wonderful the "good ol' days" really were: MAKERS and for the full documentary: Documentary | MAKERS

Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 PM

99 posts, read 107,888 times
Im not trying to be an alamist here but consider this. Un less u work full time most people young and old adre either playing some game or texting or i.m.ing or getting drunk or high. What going to happen some other country like china watching ad they will turn loose their million trained killers and take over i think were turning into a nation of game playerswhat ajoke.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling53 View Post
Im not trying to be an alamist here but consider this. Un less u work full time most people young and old adre either playing some game or texting or i.m.ing or getting drunk or high. What going to happen some other country like china watching ad they will turn loose their million trained killers and take over i think were turning into a nation of game playerswhat ajoke.
Wow! Glad you shared that with us. Did you get the info through your tin foil hat??

Old 02-27-2013, 01:08 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling53 View Post
Don't look now, but the Chinese trained killers appear to have run off with your grammar already.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
One of my favorite shows on tv..Father knows best. And this is a great example of a good solid family. Today we have shows that the kids think the parents are stupid, kids that talk back , run the family and where are the good examples of a solid family?

Too bad America lost its way..

Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
One of my favorite shows on tv..Father knows best. And this is a great example of a good solid family. Today we have shows that the kids think the parents are stupid, kids that talk back , run the family and where are the good examples of a solid family?

Too bad America lost its way..
Describe what you consider to be a "solid family."

Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
That's it!

Television networks broadcast programming that is popular and maximizes advertising sales because they're... [drum roll] ...Marxist!

Brilliant...

Money is obviously the main goal in most cases, but to deny that there is not a political or a system of belief being promoted in the material today is to have ones head stuck in the sand.

Even the above TV shows had a specific goal they were promoting, just as there is such promotion today (though obviously more political).

There was an interview with the head of Fox where he admitted that they air their shows with specific political positions and directions for the purpose of shaping the minds of the public. We have always done this in TV, though the trend in such used to be about presenting a moral and virtuous behavior in the characters while these days it is to condition a certain political view.

The collectivist mentality is extremely strong in TV today and has been pushed for many years now.

These days, it is used for far more

Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Yeah, I am sick of all the garbage I see on TV these days. My wife and I get embarrassed with the garbage we see at times.

I miss all the old Disney live action movies they put on every Sunday evening. No cursing, no sex, no graphic violence, just good entertainment that relied on their stories and dialog, not gimmicks to turn heads.

I think if we want to have society reflect moral and virtuous behavior, we need to start encouraging such in entertainment. Who cares if it isn't "reality", it encourages good behavior and and we need every little bit we can get.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:10 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
A program such as that does not fit the totalitarian Marxist ethos this country has adopted, so no, I can't imagine seeing something like that on TV in this day and age.

What we will see is Joe 6 Pack chomping on Doritos, guzzling miller lite, and high fiving his buddies as they watch grown men prance around in tights at a sports bar.

That is the new "Western Man".

Thankfully, them good ol' boys down south and the frontiersmen out West do not fit that mold and are self-reliant and independent. Keep it up boys, don't let this culture corrupt you and your families.
LOL, an old post but I could not agree more. Just don't tell any of my 'mr. sports' buddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies