Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 02:10 PM

397 posts, read 257,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Not so fast.....go back to the 2008 PRIMARY. Blacks voted for Obama (black) 90% to Hillary (white) 10%. Sure walks, talks and sounds like racism to me.
Jesse Jackson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 02:22 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,310,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Oh yes. That makes sense. That's why Republicans like Condoleeza Rice, Herman Cain, Col. Allen West, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Mia Love, Artur Davis, Lloyd Marcus (un-hyphenated American) are all so hated by the Republicans.
No it's just the Republican Party is extremely adept at using a few Black politicians and politicians to advance their agenda.

It's like "See we have ONE; how bad can we really be?"

Old 11-24-2012, 02:57 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,941,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
No it's just the Republican Party is extremely adept at using a few Black politicians and politicians to advance their agenda.

It's like "See we have ONE; how bad can we really be?"
Repubs will gladly spotlight anybody who supports their agenda - regardless of what they really think of them.
Blacks like Herman Cain who insinuate that the lower classes are just lazy.
Women like Phyllis Schlafly who says women should get back in the kitchen and bedroom where they "belong".
Gays like Jimmy LaSalvia who are against gay marriage, and prefer DADT (not realizing that some conservatives really want to police America's bedrooms).
Hollywood actors who maintain that Hollywood represents everything they despise.
Of course, what's not to love about these people?

Old 11-24-2012, 04:08 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,502,593 times

Bill Maher If You Are Racist, You're Probably a Republican - YouTube

Old 11-24-2012, 04:30 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,213,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Unfair. Are all Republicans prejudiced? No, of course not. Most? Yes, but not all.

racism isnt limited to just one party. I have seen it run rampant in both parties.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM

328 posts, read 682,909 times
Thank you for clearing this up. Was not sure who the racist was, the person who posted this comment, or the reader. It is good to get unbiased feedback from someone who definitely knows.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:54 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,303,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I was listening to talk radio on my way to work this morning when an African-American caller made the point that anyone opposing the confirmation of Susan Rice for SOS was a racist.

This isn't the first time I've heard this, this is the left's usual attack against the GOP, but the caller went on to make the point that every Republican was a worthless racist and he wouldn't even vote for one for dog-catcher.

Listening to the vehemence in the caller's voice it occurred to me that maybe it's time for the GOP to take a page out of the Obama playbook. Since 93% of the black vote went to Obama, and the Obama campaign made the decision to sucessfully abandon the white working class The Future of the Obama Coalition - NYTimes.com it's time for the GOP to do the same thing and give up on the black community.

Since Obama has sucessfully divided this country along racial lines creating rifts that will probably last generations, I suggest the GOP forget the black vote and pursue the Latino vote instead. In my daily interactions with the Latino community I see a hard-working entrepenurial class that is family-friendly and conservative by instinct, but is put off by the GOP's embrace of strict immigration policies, thus easily seduced by any baubles the Democrats dangle in front of them.

That would mean abandoning the Sheriff Joe Arpaio types and alienating a segment of the vote, but IMO it would easily be made up by an influx of Latino votes.
So, in other words you want the conservative party to continue doing what they have been doing, which is either ignoring black Americans or using fear of black Americans to gain votes from other Americans.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:45 PM

63,002 posts, read 29,210,493 times
I am a Republican and I am not a racist. There are millions like me even though the left pretty much demonizes the entire right that way. Those who scream racism the loudest are more than likely the real racists.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:53 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,559,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Oh yes. That makes sense. That's why Republicans like Condoleeza Rice, Herman Cain, Col. Allen West, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Clarence Thomas, Mia Love, Artur Davis, Lloyd Marcus (un-hyphenated American) are all so hated by the Republicans.
Condoleeza Rice (strongly don't like), Herman Cain(ok), Allen West (best national politician in the country), Dr. Thomas Sowell (ok), Clarence Thomas (don't like), Mia Love (don't know enough about), Artur Davis (good for a democrat but don't know enough about to make a determination), Lloyd Marcus (who????)

Last edited by NY Jew; 11-24-2012 at 09:51 PM..

Old 11-24-2012, 08:58 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What if you are a white Republican married to a black person? Are you still a racist?
by LWNJ standards? yes, of course you are.
also, revealing to 'racism!'-squealing liberals that you actually have black/hispanic friends or family will drive them into paroxysms of jeering rage. try it and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies