Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow that was easy to do.
It's easy to confuse people with illogical arguments.

Try logic...that works much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
And still ignoring everything I said in the post you asked for. Typical.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Keep thinking your way and in 4-5 years you will be in the same place financially.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The rich generate a lot of anger in America. Most feel that they skirt by without paying the price to be an American.

Do you feel that they need to pay a lot more in taxes to fix our economy?

How to Pay No Taxes: 10 Strategies Used by the Rich - Businessweek

http://0.tqn.com/d/urbanlegends/1/0/...-vs-romney.jpg

Yep, I cringe when I see wealthy people. I'm extremely angry, jealous, bitter, etc. I just want them to give me all of their money.....

Hopefully you peeped the sarcasm wise fellow. Seriously though, I don't feel any type of way when I see the wealthy, it just makes me want to work harder. I can't feel remorse for them either as you probably do, just as you may not feel remorse for the poor. I would love to be wealthy someday and I wouldn't mind paying 35-40% in taxes annually as long as I know the money is being used for the greater good of the people.

I don't really know anyone who I would classify as super-wealthy as in the top 1% but some of my closest friends parents, we're definitely in the top 2%. So the super-wealthy should be paying more, if they don't want to give any away.

Watch this video, I know some of you may not respect Tupac nor like his music but what he's talking about really is the problem with America. Its extreme disparity here, I know other countries face it as well but no other country on the world has as many billionaires as we have and continue to have this much poverty. Some people don't understand that people really are hungry in this country and if they are on any type of food stamps it isn't sufficient enough to feed themselves nor their family. I'm challenging myself through January to see if I could live on food stamps (pretty much giving myself $33 weekly to feed myself), or in other words about $5 a day for meals.

Tupac 2pac Interview about hotel Under Pressure - YouTube

For conservatives who sympathize with the wealthy, what people such as myself are pretty much saying is we are the wealthiest nation on the world by far, why are people still homeless here? Why are people still hungry? I'm not saying give everyone hand outs, but we need to come up with a way to make people see that being wealthy is a real possibility in this nation. Honestly when I was in K-5 in Baltimore my teachers would say they could see something in me but nevertheless talk down to my other classmates and pretty much say they'll never be anything in life. What kid wants to hear that just because there laughing in class? So these same kids (typically inner-city youth) that feel like they'll never be anything turn to one of three things:
1.) Selling Drugs
2.) Trying to Rap
3.) The Ultimatum: Robbery

All three are criticized by society (I don't condone of these activities) but what society doesn't realize is these children are a product of us. They don't see that they could do more in life than that. I can't really say if what they are doing is logical or illogical; imagine it from their eyes: would you rather starve daily or see a fat capitalist driving a Mercedes-Benz and rob them for their cash? To the hungry man its logical, it's just survival of the fittest.

So what I'm saying is, I'd rather feel remorse for a poor person than the wealthy. I've never been hungry a day in my life (I mean seriously starving for days), so I don't understand that struggle much but I've also never been wealthy a day in my life but what I do know from my experience with them is they can afford to pay higher-taxes. As I said above some of my closest friends parents were rich, I'll never forget one of my friends got accepted into UNC-Chapel Hill with a full scholarship but she still decided to go to a different school because it was private and cost more mind you her parent's are most likely paying right out of pocket. Her father owned a Toyota dealership (meaning his name was on the dealership) and her mother owned a company that makes boxes, so am I supposed to sympathize for them? You want me to say "Aww, you deserve a continued tax break, we'll just cut the safety net so we can afford your tax break"? Hopefully not, these can be taxed more and it wouldn't affect them much.

Last edited by BMORE; 12-10-2012 at 11:31 AM..

Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL She already did.
Too, funny, tune out anything that undermines your echo chamber false reality.

The only poster I ever set on ignore is that, mircea dude, that writes ten thousand word posts that responds to 20 or 30 posts and ridicules everyone. Too much garbage.

This dude tried to tell me she knew more about my chosen career than I do. A real drive by wack job.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default so much for class warfare from the dems

yep!

"BY ALIYAH SHAHID
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, June 16, 2011

What recession?
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's net worth skyrocketed 62% last year, to a jaw-dropping $35.2 million, according to financial disclosure forms released Wednesday.
Pelosi, the former House speaker, wasn't alone.
The California Democrat's gavel-gripping successor, Republican John Boehner, also saw his wealth get a boost, with the Ohio GOPer's net worth increasing from $1.8 million in 2009 to $2.1 million last year.
Pelosi's drastic growth, from an initial $21.7 million in 2009, is attributed to recent stock gains and smart investments. Her husband reported raking in $1 million to $5 million last year from a sale of Apple stocks."

Old 12-10-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So are we still waiting for Obama to create those jobs? lol, creating jobs from the middle class out. Actually, Obama is increasing the 47% from the middle class out.

By the way, I am a woman.

Anybody who bought into that "war on women" BS is weak minded. We have more rights and opportunity in the U.S. than any place in the world. But it is up to YOU to take advantage of the opportunities.
No, I'm waiting for those jobs that bush's tax cuts for the job creators were supposed to create.

Why do you ask? You surely know as well as I do that governments and presidents don't create jobs.

If you're actually a woman, why do you hate your own gender? Do you overeated, or maybe cut yourself, too? You're not a cutter? Why all the hate? You doing so poorly, that your concerned about what those below you are doing? Myself, as long as I'm doing well I'm not concerned about the government giving those in poverty too much. I've been there and whatever aid they get isnt enuf, especially single mothers who are victims of deadbeat fathers.

If you need to direct your hate at something, direct it at the wam, bam, thank you mam deadbeats. I just recalled one of the first pieces of "sex education" advise I received on the elementary play ground.... The Four F's "Find 'em, Feel 'em, F*** 'em, Forget 'em.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
No, I'm waiting for those jobs that bush's tax cuts for the job creators were supposed to create.

Why do you ask? You surely know as well as I do that governments and presidents don't create jobs.

If you're actually a woman, why do you hate your own gender? Do you overeated, or maybe cut yourself, too? You're not a cutter? Why all the hate? You doing so poorly, that your concerned about what those below you are doing? Myself, as long as I'm doing well I'm not concerned about the government giving those in poverty too much. I've been there and whatever aid they get isnt enuf, especially single mothers who are victims of deadbeat fathers.

If you need to direct your hate at something, direct it at the wam, bam, thank you mam deadbeats. I just recalled one of the first pieces of "sex education" advise I received on the elementary play ground.... The Four F's "Find 'em, Feel 'em, F*** 'em, Forget 'em.
I've waited for years to see what jobs these tax cuts created; sadly it seems like they actually made jobs more scarce.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post

If you're actually a woman, why do you hate your own gender? Do you overrated, or maybe cut yourself, too? Why all the hate? You doing so poorly, that your concerned about what those below you are doing? Myself, as long as I'm doing well I'm not concerned about the government giving those in poverty too much. I've been there and whatever aid they get isnt enuf, especially single mothers who are victims of deadbeat fathers.

If you need to direct your hate at something, direct it at the wam, bam, thank you mam deadbeat.
Victims of dead beat fathers? Maybe you should have thought of that before you said yes. Did you even think about how many kids did the guy fathered before you or did you think you were special and he wouldn't do that to you. Are they easy? It's blaming someone else when they are partly responsible. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

If you want to have sex that's your choice but expecting other people to pay for your bad choices and everything else is wrong.

why all the hate? Your hate is misdirected. If it were not for taxpayers these women wouldn't get anything. Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you and your illegitimate kids.

No I see woman acting helpless. This war on women BS was embarrassing the our gender. It was disrespectful to women when Obama put in when he acted like daddy coming to the rescue of susan rice.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
yep!

"BY ALIYAH SHAHID
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, June 16, 2011

What recession?
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's net worth skyrocketed 62% last year, to a jaw-dropping $35.2 million, according to financial disclosure forms released Wednesday.
Pelosi, the former House speaker, wasn't alone.
The California Democrat's gavel-gripping successor, Republican John Boehner, also saw his wealth get a boost, with the Ohio GOPer's net worth increasing from $1.8 million in 2009 to $2.1 million last year.
Pelosi's drastic growth, from an initial $21.7 million in 2009, is attributed to recent stock gains and smart investments. Her husband reported raking in $1 million to $5 million last year from a sale of Apple stocks."
Are you bashing success or just bashing women? Not sure.

Wife and I did very well coming out of the 2008 meltdown. We didn't bet against this country. My wife made more from Apple in two years that she did in ten years of paychecks. I made enuf from my Ford stock to buy a new car and cover three years of my retirement.

I hear Paulsen, the Hedgefund guy, lost a ton of the money he made off the meltdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies