Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't think hedge funds or most investment bankers produce anything of value but wealth for themselves. They are blood-suckers.
They steer money into places it is needed, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 03:30 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thank you for your compassionate conservatism.
Why is that not compassionate? I feel that a child should have an upbringing that is neither dependent on outside assistance, nor steeped in poverty.

Lack of compassion is accepting that a child should be brought into that environment, just because their parent decides they should bear children at someone else's expense.

Childhood poverty IS a crime. And to have a child you cannot afford is bringing a child into poverty.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Thank you for your compassionate conservatism.
And thank YOU for the insult. You know, what liberals always resort to when they have no intelligent argument?

Old 11-26-2012, 03:35 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,975 times
It is tough being poor or have a job you hate. There is no worse feeling in the world to look around and see other people better off than you. But, at the end of the day, Capitalism is the only solution to uplift people out of poverty.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And here we have the true gist of the Republican party. They despise all those they consider poor or beneath them.

And they don't try to disguise their disdain.

Neither did the voters.
How DARE you. Please show me ANYWHERE that I showed disdain, or that I despise anyone. I don't think they are beneath me. I just think they do a job that anyone can do, thereby diluting the value of the job.

How do I know this? Because I was a waitress for YEARS. While I was going to school, trying to get an education, so that I didn't have to toil in a job that paid little, with no benefits. A job that I could do because I had few skills. A job that was hard, and could be taken away from me at any time because there were tons of people behind me that could do the job.

Liberals and their fake outrage. You know, liberals that donate FAR less to the poor than conservatives. Yet screech the loudest about how they feel for the downtrodden. Money talks, well, you know the rest.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,022 times
We all produce and we all mooch. To say otherwise is to be completely brainwashed by recent conservative Ayn Rand revivalism and be blind to how much all of us, rich and poor, rely on the government. You can't avoid being a mooch without living off the grid and making everything you use.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
They could do it. The article in the following link shows how.

Walmart Could Give Every U.S. Employee A $5,000 Raise - Business Insider
What, we don't live in a free, capitalist society now?

Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What, we don't live in a free, capitalist society now?
People want to morph us into a "collective" utopia with no poverty and everyone making enough money to buy all their toys.

And somehow this will all happen at the expense of those greedy corporations that will cease to exist.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
How DARE you. Please show me ANYWHERE that I showed disdain, or that I despise anyone. I don't think they are beneath me. I just think they do a job that anyone can do, thereby diluting the value of the job.

How do I know this? Because I was a waitress for YEARS. While I was going to school, trying to get an education, so that I didn't have to toil in a job that paid little, with no benefits. A job that I could do because I had few skills. A job that was hard, and could be taken away from me at any time because there were tons of people behind me that could do the job.

Liberals and their fake outrage. You know, liberals that donate FAR less to the poor than conservatives. Yet screech the loudest about how they feel for the downtrodden. Money talks, well, you know the rest.
Simmer down. I'm only telling you what I know. The Republican party is largely seen as caring ONLY about the wealthy and big business.

IF you can't acknowledge that - then there is no hope for your party.

Speaking of fake outrage . . . . .

Old 11-26-2012, 04:12 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
People want to morph us into a "collective" utopia with no poverty and everyone making enough money to buy all their toys.

And somehow this will all happen at the expense of those greedy corporations that will cease to exist.
Someone's clearly made a fool of you and convinced you that liberals are communists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies