Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 02:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,475,124 times

Advertisements

Obama's fault; it's part of his Marxist Agenda to make America Fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM

13,714 posts, read 9,043,037 times
That's right. I do not for a second believe there is a 'drought'. Just another 'liberal scare tactic'.

Hey, you libs: have to stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, the Mississippi is getting deeper, and that is why it appears that the water level has dropped? But, I never knew a lib that understood science.

I mean, here in north Texas, we haven't had any measurable rain for months. But, this is Texas. And that fact that temperatures are in the mid 80s today, December 2nd, means nothing: this is Texas.

I think I shall now go enjoy a cool glass of water, and toast those, like me, who refuse to be a toady to 'science' or liberal scare tactics.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:26 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,735,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Damn Obama doesn't even want to end the drought. He's just looking to expand the role of government by having the Corps of Engineers get involved. Another step on the complete government takeover of our lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
That is beyond stupid.
I live in New Orleans and the Army Corps of Engineers have been responsible for keeping the Mississippi navigable for river traffic (you know...part of private industry and the economy).

Let the river become unnavigable...and watch a large segment of the agricultural economy collapse.
What's funny about what I wrote is that even though it is blatantly absurd, plenty of people will think I meant it seriously because of the number of genuinely absurd people that post on this forum.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,966,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That's right. I do not for a second believe there is a 'drought'. Just another 'liberal scare tactic'.

Hey, you libs: have to stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, the Mississippi is getting deeper, and that is why it appears that the water level has dropped? But, I never knew a lib that understood science.

I mean, here in north Texas, we haven't had any measurable rain for months. But, this is Texas. And that fact that temperatures are in the mid 80s today, December 2nd, means nothing: this is Texas.

I think I shall now go enjoy a cool glass of water, and toast those, like me, who refuse to be a toady to 'science' or liberal scare tactics.
We haven't had any measurable precip, rain or snow, for about 6 wks, IIRC. It's 65 degrees here in metro Denver on Dec. 2.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,872,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We haven't had any measurable precip, rain or snow, for about 6 wks, IIRC. It's 65 degrees here in metro Denver on Dec. 2.
Crazy isn't it? Yet there are those who still deny global warming!

Quote:
Monday's forecast high in Chicago (mid-60s) may be the warmest December high there in 11 years, typical of temperatures in late April!
Record Warmth Kicks Off December

Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:

Hey legalsea: have you stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, if the Mississippi was getting deeper, then barges would not be getting stuck trying to move down it in the first place? Yeah, you know a lot about science...much less common sense.

Is it any surprise that a city-data conservative made that post? (lol...no)

Old 12-02-2012, 04:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hey legalsea: have you stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, if the Mississippi was getting deeper, then barges would not be getting stuck trying to move down it in the first place? Yeah, you know a lot about science...much less common sense.

A city-data conservative did not make that post.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:01 PM

13,714 posts, read 9,043,037 times
Quote:

It is called a joke, son.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
It is called a joke, son.
oh... score for you, sorry.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,927,270 times
Quote:
oh... score for you, sorry.
Is it any surprise a city-data liberal could not figure that out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies