Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 03:22 PM

1,465 posts, read 623,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who cares? I care. I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about this. You're free to talk about it. I'm saying that I'm scared. I already have to work hard to show "I'm not like that". My prediction is this. If we start talking about this on a national level, it will do some damage to me. We live in a society of strangers and I'll have to deal with more problems. I'll likely deal with alot of people treating me like a potential threat. I'm scared because I feel like I have something to lose. The way I see it, Black men already have a bad reputation in America. It will only get worse. And the people who will pay for it the most are those who have nothing to do with the violence.
For some reason, I highly doubt you look like much of a threat or carry yourself as one.

You're so confused, it's almost comical.

White people don't just see black and take caution ... it's about attitude and how people are carrying themselves/acting.

We take caution when white people are acting 'strange,' too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 04:22 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,902,655 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEX_jD_qhuI

Old 06-01-2021, 04:29 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama and his Black Liberation Theology is now running this country with Critical Race Theory.. making blacks hate whites . This garbage is creating great division and hate between the races. Blacks are now acting out what Black Liberation Thinking does. Hate whitey and never unite with them. Read about what Black Liberation Theology is and know this. Obama sat under this teaching for 20 long years until he became president.
This exactly ^^^

I was so proud of our country and voted for Obama the first time. Race relations were the best in my long lifetime. Now it’s become the WORST in my long lifetime (68years)
Thanks, democrats....

Old 06-01-2021, 04:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Perhaps. Could you provide statistics? I’d be willing to bet the crime among the black underclass is skyrocketing in general.

Also, crime needs to be categorized properly. If the person is half-white, it is not simply black-on-white. Many whites conveniently claim biracial white/black people. They are white too, even including when they commit crimes. They are also both when mixed with other groups, not just black.

Old 06-01-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I'm worried about what will happen to ME if we talking about this nationally at a far greater level than we're doing now. I have every right and reason to worry. I already have to prove "I'm not like those thugs". If it does go national, I'll end up paying for it. I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about it. I am saying that I do fear this turning into alot more people treat ME like a threat in the process. Give me a reason why I shouldn't care.
You are probably correct in your concern. But a positive outcome may be normal regular blacks like yourself will stop voting for democrats who ignore, pander, and even glorify thug culture.
I find Conservative blacks now like Tim Scott, Candace Owens, Ben Carson etc. to be the most exciting and interesting political movement going.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:14 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Who cares? I care. I'm not saying we shouldn't talk about this. You're free to talk about it. I'm saying that I'm scared. I already have to work hard to show "I'm not like that". My prediction is this. If we start talking about this on a national level, it will do some damage to me. We live in a society of strangers and I'll have to deal with more problems. I'll likely deal with alot of people treating me like a potential threat. I'm scared because I feel like I have something to lose. The way I see it, Black men already have a bad reputation in America. It will only get worse. And the people who will pay for it the most are those who have nothing to do with the violence.
I'lll add this to my previous post.

"
“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

― Jesse Jackson"

Old 06-02-2021, 05:41 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,902,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Jeez, so now it's our president's fault because 6 black teens in the ghetto section of town beat up a white girl and you think this should have been reported on the national news by all the news sources?

Had six white teens beaten up a black girl, it would have been national news. And you know it.

And it would have been prosecuted as a hate crime, even absent any evidence other than their skin colors.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:12 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Had six white teens beaten up a black girl, it would have been national news. And you know it.

And it would have been prosecuted as a hate crime, even absent any evidence other than their skin colors.
Four White youths killed two Black men in Joliet, IL. It never made the national news.

Old 06-02-2021, 07:16 AM

Biden just said that white supremacy is the BIGGEST THREAT to America.
27 blacks were shot in Chicago over the weekend by other blacks. Thousands of black on black murders every year.
Name ONE black killed this year by a white supremacist group.
Okay, maybe there is one somewhere.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:20 PM

1,465 posts, read 623,209 times
Quote:
Four White youths killed two Black men in Joliet, IL. It never made the national news.
You had to dig back six years ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies