Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 02:12 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is nothing in my home worth a rats ass to a criminal. Are they art collectors? Are they going to steal my exotic plants? .
I cut the rest of that to just get to a lucid point in an otherwise spaced out diatribe of liberal LSD induced nonsense.

A criminal isn't going to know what you have or don't have worth stealing, until they break in. If you are unfortunate enough to be home when they come to check .. they are liable to kill you so that you cannot identify them to the authorities Then, to go along with your "Artwork" you'll have another picture .. but this one will be painted on the floor with chalk ... eerily similar to the profile of your body.

But that's OK ... if that's what makes you happy .. fine. No one is forcing you to own a gun, or defend yourself. Drop to your knees, and face the wall, and let the bad guy double tap you in the back of the head. It's America ... and you have a right to choose .... so do we .. and we choose to be able to shoot the bad guy, rather than allowing him to shoot us

Call us crazy ... that's just the way some of us think. We also think it's our duty not to let bad guys break in and rape and murder our wives and daughters .... God help yours ... because it seems they can't look to you for such protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 02:12 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,407,468 times
My ex-husband went bat-***** during our divorce and started irrationally blaming me for everything in his life.

He smoked hashish before we got married, and drank a lot of alcohol and smoked weed during our marriage. But I met a lot of casual marijuana users in my life, and they've always seemed OK, so I didn't think it was a big deal.

I know it sounds naive, but I had never met anyone personally who had a problem w/ addiction. OK marijuana is not addictive...but you get the picture.

Shortly before we got divorced, he got on all this prescribed *****. Sorry for the language, but now I'm scared and upset, because he does know how to use a gun...

Anyway, he got a boatload of "anti-anxiety" and assorted pills from his doctor in Egypt and started to get super angry and crazy. I don't remember the names, though, but I know at least one was addictive.

I personally think people who take these things knowing the side-effects are stupid. But how can these idiots be allowed to put the rest of our lives in danger? WTF I am so upset right now.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 PM

488 posts, read 412,915 times
The problem with this convenient pharma junk is that it is peddled the way cocaine & amphetamines used to be sold as mere analgesics & antihistamines back in the early 1900's. Phizer is Coka-Cola and Eli Lilly makes simple nasal spray...

But today it is all about concious profitable addiction. And easy access for children whom mum & dad want easily maintained & docile. What society doesn't want medicated drones going about doing their lives as if in a quelled daydream? What sort of society is that?

Face truth: This crap is toxic and even when used as a last resort for the most hopeless cases should be highly regulated. Instead we have a whole generation that knows they can't smoke or drink or party or be different, but that doctor-prescribed pills are okay for dispelling a byzantine definition of 'mental illness', a definition that covers every little aspect of the ususal human experience. We have no problem with this candy or the lies used to sell it? Of course not, we want a chemically-induced sense of harmony to swat away the flies of reality...

We are cheerily giving up old habits for new ones and they aren't better or even preferred over the old ones, just more acceptable because they seem cleaner and more 'responsible'. To have so many people claiming 'mental illness' to get high/mind-altered says enough about these products & who markets them and where our culture is.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Not one this one. If you find another version please post it.

No she was a teacher's aide.

And get this:

Relative: Adam Lanza's Mom Pulled Him Out of School - Yahoo! News

He was HOME-SCHOOLED! By a GUN NUT! Read the article to see what kind of guns this gal had at her home OMG!
Most usual homeschoolers start homeschooling long before the 10th grade.

If this kid was yanked out of school only in the 10th grade, that might make one suspect there were "issues" going on with him and the school.

I wonder if this boy had ever been spanked? Or was he a spoiled brat that when things didn't go his way, mommy was sure to intervene. Notice there is no mention of him ever having worked anywhere.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:14 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
anybody with over 37 guns is a gun crazy crack addict!!! just my humble opinion unless they are antique fire arms..
So now mom had over 37 guns? You must read different papers than I do..

Old 12-15-2012, 02:15 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanbato View Post

Again, I'm not trying to mock, disrespect or discredit the victims of the shooting through means of, "but SO many more people died over here..." I'm just explaining the reasons why certain groups of people focus on certain events, and why it shouldn't be so surprising to learn that not the whole world mourns the same losses.

Tell a man that tomorrow, he is to lose his hand, and he will not sleep. He will be a wreck.

Tell a an that 4 million people in China died of some horrible event, than that same man will wonder about the world. Establish concern, even empathy. But will sleep soundly.

blood first
famaly second
tribe third

we are a beings of genetic adaption, and if felt EVERY violence done to mankind with the same empathy as ourselves and our family we wouldn't survive. It is for that, that empathy is shed by distance.

I am sure what i feel (waking up at 4am, and thinking of kindergardeners never opening presents this holiday season) is a combination of white, american, and I have a 3 year old.

Yet I find nothing wrong in those further away that can't relate to the violence int he same way.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:15 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
I think we should take guns away from this medical examiner guy. He seems a little ....off.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:17 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Can you provide a link that states this shooter was on medication ?
I took a look, and sure enough it only took me 10 seconds:

Quote:
Adam Lanza was his name. Adam P. Lanza, 20, obscure in life, infamous in death.
A really rambunctious kid, as one former neighbor in Newtown, Conn., recalled him, adding that he was on medication. He was a son of an accountant and a schoolteacher. A family member told investigators that he had a form of autism, a law enforcement official said.
Adam Lanza is recalled as a ‘rambunctious kid’ with family problems - The Washington Post

(But once again it is too early to really trust a link. And unfortunately the media isn't going to examine this angle; as someone just mentioned, there is too much $$ to be made. They may never name-check the drug.)

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The gun laws in Mexico didn't lower any kind of violence.
seriously mexico?

I'm sure a gun law in IRAQ wouldn't help either

but we are more like australia than mexico, and not two steps from a narco civil war.

2,884 posts, read 5,642,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Yes, the guns were hers. She was killed by him, at home.
The guns were registered to her, but I bet they were owned by the kid..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies