Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 02:18 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
My ex-husband went bat-***** during our divorce and started irrationally blaming me for everything in his life.

He smoked hashish before we got married, and drank a lot of alcohol and smoked weed during our marriage. But I met a lot of casual marijuana users in my life, and they've always seemed OK, so I didn't think it was a big deal.

I know it sounds naive, but I had never met anyone personally who had a problem w/ addiction. OK marijuana is not addictive...but you get the picture.

Shortly before we got divorced, he got on all this prescribed *****. Sorry for the language, but now I'm scared and upset, because he does know how to use a gun...

Anyway, he got a boatload of "anti-anxiety" and assorted pills from his doctor in Egypt and started to get super angry and crazy. I don't remember the names, though, but I know at least one was addictive.

I personally think people who take these things knowing the side-effects are stupid. But how can these idiots be allowed to put the rest of our lives in danger? WTF I am so upset right now.
Wow, so sorry to hear of this.

The thing is, these drugs are being prescribed to children and young adults who are simply doing as they are told!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Any one person who makes this something political, is sick themselves, damn it. This is the kind of crap we do not need, and at a time like this. Surely don't need this crap.

People always making something politicial, or religious, this is neither, at a time as this, people ought to come together, and realize that our life is so fragile, and that people for whatever reason, are not perfect, not a Republician nor a accusing Democrat.

Believe me these people will grieve, and they will each grieve in their own way, some will get over it more quickly, some will not. To make this something political, is sick in its own right.
Yes and I think it really is time to take a good look at mental illness and options for treatment.

Parents are sometimes overwhelmed with this issue, and the lack of options. They may cover-up problems, they may not seek help because there is no help.

No one would want to bring back the mental institutions of the past where people were warehoused and they were often awful places to live. I also don't believe in locking up innocent people against their will but as a society, there seems more that could be done as far as mental illness. Including of course questioning why we seem to have so much more of it -- and the drugs that go with it.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:20 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
If his mom hadn't been able to legally purchase semi automatic weapons, would they have been in her home and available to him? Banning all guns isn't going to happen (and shouldn't happen) but semiautomatic weapons make it way too easy for someone to do a huge amount of damage in a very short time. If this kid would have had to stop and reload constantly, he might have killed several people, but there's a good chance that someone would have been able to stop him before he carried out the carnage that he did...
He did stop and reload several times, and I bet there weren't many 5 year old heroes present prepared to stop him

Old 12-15-2012, 02:21 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
discipline and father was replaced with dope. they call it things like a d d. It would be interesting to know the percentage that were single parent homes

Old 12-15-2012, 02:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
The guns were registered to her, but I bet they were owned by the kid..
Oh yea! Because nothing screams "loving and caring Mom" like buying guns in their own name to give to their sons to use for whatever they deem acceptable.

Wow...congratulations for probably the stupidest post I have ever read on CD.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,033,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Not one this one. If you find another version please post it.

No she was a teacher's aide.

And get this:

Relative: Adam Lanza's Mom Pulled Him Out of School - Yahoo! News

He was HOME-SCHOOLED! By a GUN NUT! Read the article to see what kind of guns this gal had at her home OMG!
"Marsha also said, however, that Nancy had purchased guns because she was living alone in a big house. Nancy was originally from New Hampshire, said Marsha, and comfortable with weapons"

Another NRA FAIL story. This women should be a poster child for gun control.

If this one incident isn't a catalyst for real gun control, there is no hope for this country.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Wow... I think it's a good idea to just let the Liberals on here ramble off their exponentially dumb logic...just let the stupidity unravel.

You can debunk the "superior Liberal intellect" in about an hour at this rate.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:32 PM

14,023 posts, read 15,032,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, they will get over it quickly if adults do not interfere.
Being shot at and 20 of your friends dying is so easy to forget

Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times

Little Britain USA: America's Love for Guns - YouTube

Old 12-15-2012, 02:34 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,624,441 times
Guns don't kill people... bad mothers do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies