Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 02:49 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,157,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Probably the same way she would have felt when he would have stabbed her or choked her to death had their been no gun...

Probably scared, probably thought her son has lost his mind.

I don't think the thought "Jeez, I wish the government DID ban guns...they were right" corssed her mind at all..

That's just my guess...
The son had a long history of "problems". He shouldn't have been around guns. But I guess she never thought of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 02:50 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,293,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
"The dangers of having a gun at home far outweigh the safety benefits. Research shows that access to guns greatly increases the risk of death and firearm-related violence. A gun in the home is twelve times more likely to result in the death of a household member or visitor than an intruder."

Guns in homes can increase risk of death and firearm-related violence
Only if your family are a bunch of d-bags. Most domestic gun violence occurs between friends and family.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:51 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,307,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
The son had a long history of "problems". He shouldn't have been around guns. But I guess she never thought of that.
No she thought, let me take my mentally ill son to target practice.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:51 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,270,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
To worship? Explain
Worship: Guns are cool. Guns are fun. Guns solve problems. Guns are status symbols. Guns make you feel like a bad ass. Guns let you brag about "taking out perps" and say tough things like "cold dead hands" and pretend you're Charlton Heston.

All this obsession over a device designed to kill. It's sick, and so are gun nuts.

Any other questions?

Old 12-15-2012, 02:52 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,665,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I think we should take guns away from this medical examiner guy. He seems a little ....off.
I have to agree with that ! --- what a character.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:52 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,921,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
What problems were these??

All I find is a lot of subjective "accounts" by neighbors...convenient after the dude had already did what he did. The human mind will use any information available to rationalize something... even if it was after the fact.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I dunno.."huge gun fan" to me means lots more weapons than she had.
I think you'd still use the adjective "huge" even if she only had one gun.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,032,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And YOUR ilk invites me to condemn, once again, the culture that YOU have created in which machines that are designed to kill are revered, worshipped and treated as status symbols. Better yet, toys.

Stuff your Second Amendment bleating. You have no interest in a well-armed militia, only in proving to yourself that you're a bad ass and impressing your friends.

It's sick. Period.
This culture that has been "created" in America isn't my culture. It's the United States of America.

I did not vote Obama into office AGAIN; he is the king of DRONES.

I'm a Libertarian. You want PEACE in this country. Start voting that way.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:55 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,433,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Obviously first we need to know the specifics of why he failed the check. But what if laws were in place that required immediate law enforcement follow up on an individual who failed a background check to ensure they had no other access to weapons? Seems like something everyone would support.
It didn't say he failed the check.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:56 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,665,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You and your ilk give me every reason to repeat this video again. Thanks.

Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment! - YouTube
You need to give me a reason for that girl's hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies