Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be an assault rifle ban?
Yes 51 42.15%
No 70 57.85%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Why do people feel a need to regulate things that they don't know anything about? I mean, I know very little about high heel shoes. I have a vague idea that they are very bad for the feet and ankles, but not much knowledge beyond that.

I wouldn't undertake to legislate a ban on high heels, or even comment on it if somebody threw up a 'ban high heels' thread.
I have heard some police types talk about how dangerous high heel shoes can be on the feet of a pissed woman in a car. Maybe we need to just ban them, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You are still saying "buy" weapons and I am still saying that he "stole" those weapons from his mother's house after shooting her in the face. The cost of weapons just isn't as important as most of you of the left lean think it is since many people will steal them.

Leaners keep telling me that having a weapon in my house is not going to protect me if someone wants to steal it when I am not at home. I will not keep my gun meant to be protection for my wife and I in a locked cabinet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Roy, I wrote a post way up thread before you jumped in saying that perhaps if they were super expensive, his mother may not have been able to buy them either.

I realize he stole the guns, please try and keep up.
If you keep your gun UP, AWAY from your children there should be no problem not keeping it locked away.

Cost?? There should be NO assault rifles, guns for sale to the public. There is not one of us in the public who needs an assault weapon.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Someone should have asked the gloating Feinstein that. She was looking so thrilled this morning -- just so eager to exploit a tragedy for her own agenda. She had absolutely no interest whatsoever in discussing the mental illness aspect.

How is Feinstein and her jack-booted thugs going to enforce the gun bans when they couldn't do a thing to stop drug trafficking? Does she intend to have doors of people kicked in? Millions of people hauled off to prison when they committed no violent crime? Or how about highway checkpoints? Feinstein hasn't stopped tons of drugs from being shipped over an international border -- what's she going to do about the transport of guns with drugs?
I suspect Gun sales will skyrocket the next few months. I'm in pretty good shape but think I might be needing a new 12 Gauge for my home and a few other handguns I've thought would be nice to have over the last few years.

Might end up being a better investment than gold when they're outlawed.

Seriously, this is where people in states like TX draw the line. Texas and half the other states would revolt.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times
I also fail to see how HARD it is to figure out that with a semi auto, you must pull the trigger ONE time for every round fired.

With a full auto, you hold it down until you lift or run out of ammo.

You have idiots voices screaming about things that don't have a clue on. Their ignorant vote should be VOID for it.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:47 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This gun ban crap is not going to stop anything. I am not going to give up my freshly bought piece without a fight.
Is it an assualt weapon? If so, why did you feel the need to buy such a weapon? Do you think a whole platoon is going to invade your house?

If not an assault weapon, that's okay then.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:48 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I suspect Gun sales will skyrocket the next few months. I'm in pretty good shape but think I might be needing a new 12 Gauge for my home and a few other handguns I've thought would be nice to have over the last few years.

Might end up being a better investment than gold when they're outlawed.

Seriously, this is where people in states like TX draw the line. Texas and half the other states would revolt.
You're not alone TX.

Bands such as Guns N Roses didn't get their name out of the blue from where some members were born......

Old 12-16-2012, 02:48 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You don't think it would be a good idea to 100% eliminate guns from the Black Community ? Do they need the weapons for self defense ?
No I don't! If guns are to be eliminated it needs to be from all communities...

Old 12-16-2012, 02:49 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
I also fail to see how HARD it is to figure out that with a semi auto, you must pull the trigger ONE time for every round fired.

With a full auto, you hold it down until you lift or run out of ammo.

You have idiots voices screaming about things that don't have a clue on. Their ignorant vote should be VOID for it.
If you have a 100 round magazine, how long does it take to pump 20 children full of 100 bullets using an automatic rifle vs a semi-automatic rifle?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:50 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
There should be NO assault rifles, guns for sale to the public. There is not one of us in the public who needs an assault weapon.
My 25.06 deer rifle can be used to assault / kill and I can reload it fairly quickly. My 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot would be an extremely effective killing weapon but I use it for Turkey hunting.

So what exactly is an "Assault Weapon" and as a law abiding citizen why can I not own one ?

Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 PM

518 posts, read 406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
That's funny because as far as I know the terrorists in 9/11 had box cutters in their hands, didn't they? And that was VERY effective.
That's a very dumb comparison. The boxcutters were used to overpower a flight crew, and the hijackers then used an airplane to inflict mass casualties. Really, the above is a dumb post. Think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies