Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be an assault rifle ban?
Yes 51 42.15%
No 70 57.85%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,988,385 times

Advertisements

Sorry Roys, but chances are you will pass away at home in your bed with your side arm at hand if you want it then.

I sure will want mine..... probably the Kimber CDP pro II .45

The rest my wife will decide on which she wants, offer the rest to my son and my grandson, and sell any no one wants.

I sort of hope my grandson will want my lefty cast off .40 cal flintlock kentucky long rifle

Currently that gun is worth around 1,600 bucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 05:20 PM

768 posts, read 881,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well that would save us the cost of a trial...

Once her bill hits the floor she will be arrested as a traitor... That's the LAW.

They'll just twist and mutilate the words of the constitution.

Obamacare was unconstitutional, so they just changed the word tax to fee or something like that IIRC.

Same will go for the second amendment. You'll still have the right to bear arms, but bullets will be prohibited, arms will be limited to guns made in 1789 or whenever the BoR was passed, or something like that.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,416,449 times
Paranoia abounds.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,795,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So many people will side with Feinstein's newly proposed law thinking that she doesn't really want to ban guns. I think that here we can hear that she wanted a total ban back in the 1990s and surely still does want just that.

Dianne Feinstein Confesses to Wanting Outright Ban Of All Guns
What are Ms. Feinstein's plans for the people who reply, "Thank you, Ms. Feinstein, but no thank you. I'll keep my guns, thanks."

There will be thousands of such replies, of course, if not millions. Remember that there are almost as many legally-owned guns in this country, as there are American citizens. If only one percent of gun owners refuse to comply, that's more than a million people.

Does she have police ready to arrest those thousands (or millions) of American citizens? Does she have the SWAT teams ready to break down their doors, storm inside, and ransack each of the thousands (or millions) of houses to make sure she's got all the guns they might have?

What, exactly, ARE her plans?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,384,118 times
I have wondered about this recently. After all Dianne Feinstein is clearly a bright girl. She is rules committe chair, normally a post reserved for the smartest cookies. Is she really dumb enough to think that banning bayonet lugs is going to make a difference? I doubt it.

Note that her new proposal would require fingerprinting and registration for all owners of so-called "assault weapons." It would require a massive new bureacracy. New bureaucracy, lotsa jobs for friends, supporters, and heirophants. And a finger in the eye of conservative/individualist gun-rights supporters. I suspect this is really what underlies Feinstein's proposal.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:10 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,429,673 times
Who's her husband? A rich investment banker. Go figure.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,464,731 times
Quote:
At least I am armed and ready to take part now. I wasn't a month ago.

Me freaking too, no one is taking our guns, we have had forever.

With having two family members murdered in the privacy of their own home, come try and take my guns, i know how to shoot, and will shoot, if it means for the protection of myself or family or my home.

Are they going to take guns away from the Mafiaso, Gang Bangers, Criminals, Burglars, Rapists, Murderers, yeah like hell they will.

Feinstein and the rest of the Dweeks need to freaking leave Calif for good. Adios!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,706,109 times
Quote:
At least I am armed and ready to take part now. I wasn't a month ago.
What did you get?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM

57,390 posts, read 26,302,134 times
How many they're coming for our guns threads do we need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies