Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
didnt you know mac, the liberal solution to having guns in school was to ban firearms in all schools. that way anyone that desires to commit a mass murder including islamic terrorists are guaranteed that nobody at all will be able to stop them until long after the fact.

well, their way isnt working. time for a change, start arming the teachers and principles.
Used to be in high school us kids had pick up and old 47 chevy's that in fact made good clown cars. In the day time the hunting guns we brought to school for hunting after school were just left in these vehicles.

Back then men didn't wear bra's and panties like they do today.

Yup we made some real easy victims for the liberal evil spawn..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 05:48 PM

408 posts, read 215,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I tried very hard, but I can't think of any reason why a law abiding citizen would want to own an assault weapon.
And I have looked very hard at the Constitution and the decisions of SCOTUS and I can't see how any power can be claimed by the government to permit it to enact a ban on semi-auto, medium caliber firearms capable of accepting detachable magazines . . . AKA, "assault weapons".

Old 12-16-2012, 05:49 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Tough Guy alert...
The LESS you know...the better.

I'm "textbook".

What makes the grass grow - YouTube

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Well explain otherwise. Tell me, why would a law abiding citizen want to own an assault weapon?
What's the difference between an assault weapon and a "normal" one that uses the same ammo?

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Sorry, but the gun control fanatics are on your side of the aisle. I'm not against legislation that requires background checks and prohibits people with mental illness or violent records from owning firearms. What I am against is a feel-good, totally ineffective ban of any type of firearm because of the actions of a few deranged individuals.
These would be good points for our politicians to remember. If they attempt something it must be reasonable and logical. It's the only way to make any changes.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:50 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Let me help you out here. The 2nd says Fire arms, which are guns one man can hold in either one hand or both hands.... That is the traditional understanding of a fire arm....

Not Nukes, not tanks, not air craft carriers, not bombers or fighter planes, not submarines, not artillery and etc etc etc ad nauseum you gun grabbers always whine about.

You have no clue as to what a real assault weapon is, much less any clue what a real American is...

i used to own 3 AK-47 clone and now i only own 2 because i sold one to a guy I know in a face to face deal no background check what so ever.

And that IS legal and it's just too bad.

I will help with what the difference between a real assault weapon and a semi auto loader made from parts that look like a real assault weapon, and in terms any anti can understand.

The main difference is $10,000 to 15,000 bucks, plus what the weapon would cost if it were made in semi auto only.

The Why I own AK-47 style clones is directly due to Joe Biden and Bill Clinton who both created a ban. At the time I wasn't really into this sort of a weapon, as i was hard into single shot flint locks, not that you could tell one of those from a machine gun.

But right after 9-11 a woman came on the news who must have allowed Bill into her pants a time or two, and she said something like..............

911 would never have happened if Americans were not allowed to buy guns.....

Yup that did it! I took my wife by the hand and at 4:45 pm raced to the local mom and pop gun store looking for some evil and mean....

And there there were AK-47's made in Romania and I bought 2.And by 5:15 we were both out back shooting in the gravel pit!

Why 2? Well, I shoot lefty and my wife shoots righty and there are some technical disadvantages for whom ever the sights are not set up for that way. And by 5:15 we were both out back shooting in the gravel pit! beside she might need to save my life someday from one of you rabid anti's.

Right now i am saving up for a AR-10 in I hope .308, which is far more accurate than the AK and it can really reach out there to send a very special message.

You can run along now and play with finger paints. Be very careful with any scissors too BTW

Just don't want this missed by the grabbers and their evil spawn since not only do they not know squat about gun, they have no idea what the 2nd means either.

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
the gun control fanatics that I am talking about are people like boxer, bloomberg, schumer, kerry, sarah brady, feinstein and others.
Sorry, Monkey, I misread your post while trying to educate Ringo in logic. Didn't realize that you were making the same point I was trying to make.

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Used to be in high school us kids had pick up and old 47 chevy's that in fact made good clown cars. In the day time the hunting guns we brought to school for hunting after school were just left in these vehicles.

Back then men didn't wear bra's and panties like they do today.

Yup we made some real easy victims for the liberal evil spawn..

liberals for the most part do not care who they hurt in order to get their agenda passed.

I still support 1 term in office for all politicians.

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
What's the difference between an assault weapon and a "normal" one that uses the same ammo?
He's been asked about a dozen times and has yet to respond.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:51 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,689 times
Quote:
the gun control fanatics that I am talking about are people like boxer, bloomberg, schumer, kerry, sarah brady, feinstein and others.
What about gun control fanatics like Canada, Europe, Japan etc.? How come they have such dramatically lower murder rates than the US? Could it have something to do with their very strict gun control laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies