Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 06:34 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
1) Abolish Gun shows. Unlicensed dealers can sell guns there without any background checks and 40% guns are bought and sold through this loophole.

2) Strict protocols for licensed dealers.

3) Any buyer must first take and pass a safety class, a psychological screening test, and have no previous misdemeanors or felonies.

4) One month waiting period before purchasing gun.

5) Ammunition cannot be purchased online. A registry is kept also for Ammunition purchase with a limit set on amount per period of time.

6) Finally, a 100% tax on guns and ammunition to pay for extra police, safety measures in schools/public places (bullet proof doors, windows, surveillance cameras, etc.), medical expenses of future victims, and any other cost that results from a shooting or to prevent a deadly shooting.

I will be submitting these suggestions to my congressman and senators.

As with the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, there should be no limitations or restrictions, unless noted in the original document.

I am always amazed at the number of people who want to limit the rights and freedoms of others, but get very angry when anyone else suggests doing the same to them.

1. The first Amendment- make any language or speech that supports or encourages criminal activity a crime. Obama's verbal mandate to not enforce immigration laws should be criminal, as such language makes one a participant in the crime.

2. 3rd Amendment-Deem all of the illegals "soldiers" so that they cannot be quartered in US homes.

3. 4th Amendment- Deem this right to be only for US citizens or those holding valid visas.

4. 5th- Specify that no citizen be compelled to be a "witness" against themselves in a court of law, but compelling someone to provide information which may reveal their guilt should be legal. Gathering all of the facts for a trial (regardless of where those facts come from) should be encouraged if one is interested in finding the truth, and thus justice.

5. 6th- We should not have jury trials any longer. There are too many idiots in the US and those who are jurors are the ones too dumb to avoid jury duty.

6. 7th- See 6th above. It is a complete waste of money.

7. 8th- some crimes demand "cruel and unusual" punishment.

8. 9th- Perhaps you gun grabbers should read the 9th.

9. 10th- Remind Obama of this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 07:31 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
1) Abolish Gun shows. Unlicensed dealers can sell guns there without any background checks and 40% guns are bought and sold through this loophole.

2) Strict protocols for licensed dealers.

3) Any buyer must first take and pass a safety class, a psychological screening test, and have no previous misdemeanors or felonies.

4) One month waiting period before purchasing gun.

5) Ammunition cannot be purchased online. A registry is kept also for Ammunition purchase with a limit set on amount per period of time.

6) Finally, a 100% tax on guns and ammunition to pay for extra police, safety measures in schools/public places (bullet proof doors, windows, surveillance cameras, etc.), medical expenses of future victims, and any other cost that results from a shooting or to prevent a deadly shooting.

I will be submitting these suggestions to my congressman and senators.
Submit and suggest all you wish none of your suggestions will ever pass in the USA, and if they did they would only make Milions of Amercans into criminals, including many Liberals that support the Dems. Want to be thrown out of office, try installing such rules in the USA, they will kick you out of office so fast you would not know what hit ya and I would support it.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:38 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
no. but what you can do is require a background check for everyone entering the gun show. that way any guns bought and sold are then done properly eliminating the "loophole".
What if I'm just there for the Beanie Babies and beef jerky?

Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And being law abiding citizens they need to obtain thousands of rounds of ammo over the internet.

Why not ? That isn't the most efficient way , the best way is to reload your own. For those that don't get it or don't want to , many firearms owners train weekly if they can. Cost has been an issue for a lot of us. So on a typical range trip you can go thru 300-500 rounds easily. Add that up, the thousands of rounds of ammo your so freaked out about isn't all that much. Personally I think 5000 rounds minimum per caliber (if you own mulitple calibers) is what should be stocked, more than that if possible. The internet is a great thing isn't it ?!?!?

Old 07-28-2014, 08:24 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,278,311 times
I don't usually post to zombie threads, since there is little point in replying to comments from two years ago or more.

However, I will observe something that the gun control people have often missed. They created the widespread hoarding, no one else. My dad was a gunsmith, among other things, and I grew up knowing a lot of people who owned guns, some liberal, some conservative, most neutral.

No one kept thousands of rounds of ammunition on hand then. The reason was you could just go to the store and buy more when you wanted it, there was no point in buying more than you wanted for the immediate future. People would have a couple boxes around, sometimes not even that, because they knew they could just go get what they needed when they needed it. People engaged in the hobby of reloading their own because it was cheaper than buying new, not because they thought the supply of new ammunition would soon dry up.

Fast forward to today, where we've been seeing ever increasing attempts to regulate guns, magazines, and ammunition for the last 20 years. People buy as much as they can because they think that these things may not be available past the immediate future. Many of these people are shooting military surplus ammunition that comes from overseas - and is very easy to ban administratively (as in not requiring a bill in Congress).

You gun controlers like to rave about how warped people are for keeping thousands of rounds of ammunition on hand, apparently not realizing that you are just reinforcing the very behavior you despise.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:29 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
What if I'm just there for the Beanie Babies and beef jerky?
doesnt matter, its all inclusive for anyone that wants to attend a gun show.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
doesnt matter, its all inclusive for anyone that wants to attend a gun show.
I for one hate gun shows. Just too many people and in some cases I've found better deals at Bass Pro and / or online.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:54 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I for one hate gun shows. Just too many people and in some cases I've found better deals at Bass Pro and / or online.
i have only been to a couple myself. i also prefer a proper gun store.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:00 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
A "prepper" should not qualify for possession of guns. Preppers and Survivalists are delusional and paranoid.
What is delusional or paranoid about preparing oneself for a loss of the luxuries of civilization? One terrorist attack on the pitiful, antiquated, inadequate electrical grid of this country would make most preppers come off like prescient geniuses. It doesn't take a great deal of effort to wildly disrupt a society so absolutely dependent on both technology and the power being on.

And in almost every major blackout or other widespread calamity in any population center during the last 50-60 years or so, looting and rioting are common occurrences. Katrina wasn't in some long forgotten historical era....it was in the last decade. Sandy was how long ago, when looters were victimizing how much of NYC and NJ?

One need not be paranoid to think little of their fellow man. All you need to do is go outside and have your eyes open. People are a very dependent and self-absorbed lot.

Can you grow your own food and purify your own water to provide just basic survival for more than a week? If not, you depend on the phenomenon called "grocery stores" which depend on a massive agricultural/transportation/distribution/technology framework to function. Any piece of that breaks down, and where again is your food coming from? When you run out, what do you think starvation will motivate you towards? Kindness and neighborly benevolence?

Everyone has this idea that preppers are preparing only to repel Leviathan in some dystopian tyrannical future. If you look closely at their supplies, and then actually listen to them, they're actually preparing for the power going out and staying that way, the grocery store running out food, and then all the fiddling grasshoppers like you who teased them trying to come for their food when you get hungry and desperate. Every end-of-the-world scenario has one commonality - the power is off and food is scarce. Everything else, be it the tyrannical government, zombie hordes, plagues of locusts...that is a setting or a backdrop. The real "crisis" is people hopelessly dependent on the grid and other people making their food and water magically appear for them.

That's all prepping is really. Ants vs grasshoppers.

The 2nd Amendment allows the ants to prepare for when you put your fiddle down and come begging/looting.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
A "prepper" should not qualify for possession of guns. Preppers and Survivalists are delusional and paranoid.

So someone that "preps" for hurricanes, earthquakes , power outages or snowstorms is delusional and paranoid ? Not everyone preps for the zombie apocalypse ..

There is no shame in being prepared. Sadly I think too many will find that out the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies