Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Nice stories. I see that one killed one woman because she made him mad and he didn't like her. I wonder if they had managed to teach him anything in that Christian school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
She has not listened to that video yet and I don't think will very soon. THEY have a fear of having THEIR little minds affected by things like this. That is why they just won't listen or hear except from the one or two who went through the motions of listening.
Do you get paid per click or something?

Flaw #1 in your argument: The people who want God removed from schools are not sitting around wondering where God was, unless they're asking the question ironically or rhetorically, because those people don't believe in God.

Your videos ALWAYS stink. Period.

They're ALWAYS by whackjobs that you find profound, and then when people disagree you stamp your feet because people reject the premise of your posts, which border on unhinged paranoia (the same kind, I might add, that Adam Lanza's mother suffered from, which set in motion these horrible events).

Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Speaking of "sick cultures" maybe some self-reflection is needed from the "right leaners" on this forum:

Nancy Lanza, whose gun collection was raided by her son Adam for Friday’s massacre at Sandy Hook school, was part of the “prepper” movement, which urges readiness for social chaos by hoarding supplies and training with weapons.

“She prepared for the worst,” her sister-in-law Marsha Lanza told reporters. “Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping – are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?”

THAT is the heart of the sickness. Not "removal of God," not "nobody cares about Baby Jesus anymore." It's a pathology of derangement that has infected right wing America.
I will have to say that from this post and others from you, over time, that the derangement may well be with you people of the far left.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:26 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
god was poking the ant farm..

Old 12-18-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, Karnak, you read minds..... ????

I'd ask you why you think your "god" created something as imperfect as humans and then expected them to be perfect but that belongs in the Religion Forum, NOT here.
If what you say belongs in the religious forum what is it doing here?

Old 12-18-2012, 11:28 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,877 times
He was counting all the lost sperm and writing down a naughty and nice list. LOL

Every Sperm Is Sacred - The Meaning of Life (3/11) Movie CLIP (1983) HD - YouTube

Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Go for it - in that section.
Very sage words. Say them every time you get a chance and maybe that one will finally get the point.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
I was very surprised that I just didn't hear Huckabee using God as a political too. other than him talking about how, through laws, we have pushed any organized thoughts about God from our public schools.
OK, but it comes across as if he was trying to say that God punished the kids because lawmakers pushed God out of the schools, and if that is what he implied, then it is a weird statement.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Huckabee also backed off of this statements about that.

I don't believe in a "God" who "punishes" like you're suggesting. That kind of "God" would certainly have a narcissistic "personality" disorder. Geeezzz. How do you explain "Job"?

I'm surprised that at your age you haven't figured out that LIFE is a constant change, good things, bad things, it's the nature of life. I don't see God as having anything to do with this violence. It's a matter of what thoughts people "feed" and "nurture" their souls with........if you are basically paranoid and fearful all the time, if you think of violence all the time, if you look for stories about awful things happening in the world, if you get angry with your relatives and others, if you hate the poor and begrudge their being fed by our society, well, all of those things are feeding and nurturing the dark side of your soul and makes it grow larger than the "good" side. Yes, WE ALL have a dark side and a side of light. Your behavior demonstrates which side has grown larger and stronger in you. There is no "God" which would KILL CHILDREN because this country has a separation of church and state and kids don't pray at school. Kids need to be praying at HOME WITH THEIR FAMILIES.

If you'll take a look at history, you will discover over the ages many horrific actions have taken place and horrible things done to people because they "believed" "God" wanted those things done! The problem: They "believed" that they KNEW the mind of "God" and what he/she wanted!!!

Wake up and get a clue. You're not to old to step outside that box you're living in.
I think it may be time for you to hire someone to read and interpret things you read and want to answer to. Yes, I did attempt to say what atheists would be saying along with some wavering Christians trying to apply the seeming absence of God from that school that day. I guess you failed to see where I said that God was there in the persons of those women who tried to stop the slaughter with their bare hands. I was referring to the fact that people who want to kill bunches of others know they are safe in gun free zones. When did that madman kill himself? Why just as the police arrived with their guns. He knew they wouldn't come running in unarmed so he just did the trick, himself.

The God that I pray to, daily, is not one that punishes anyone but a forgiving God who forgives all the time. I really wonder if you have read all the atheist crap in this thread and it affected you.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
She has not listened to that video yet and I don't think will very soon. THEY have a fear of having THEIR little minds affected by things like this. That is why they just won't listen or hear except from the one or two who went through the motions of listening.
I watched it. Though not on your link because I have absolutely NO desire to supplement your income.

Suppose Huckabee thought God was in the gun store when those guns were bought? What about on the practice range where the murderer learned to shoot? We, as a society, HAVE left God out of a lot of places. I'm guessing no one invites him into Ye Olde Gun Shoppe.

Hopefully He IS at the funerals. Because those families are filled with grief. So, Roy, is anyone thinking about God and "Thou shalt not kill" when they go to a shooting range and practice on targets shaped like human beings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies