Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 04:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
If you want to like to live in a third world banana republic, where everybody is shooting all the time, then by all means you go and live there. But stop trying to turn this country into a place like that.
i hardly think we need to worry about that happening unless we continue to allow the government to control our lives. If you knew what you were talking about you would realize those same third world countries are controlled by dictators or corrupt leaders..We have a lot more chance of seeing our country turn into one like you are talking about by giving the government to much power, not too little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
I never thought that guns help give poor people an illusion of empowerment against the Government, until reading this post.
What in the blank are you babbling about? Your statement in referance to mine makes no sense what-so-ever....How about explaining what my comments have to do with poor people or giving people the illusion of power?

Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Evil people exist everywhere, in every country. But the continuous massacres and 9000 people killed by guns every year only exists in the US, not other industrialised countries.

While people may state that guns don't kill people and evil people do, the fact is evil people kill a lot more when they have guns. Supporting gun ownership is thus akin to allowing evil people to kill, and to kill more effectively and efficiently.

Gun owners - are you happy having the death of the school kids on your hands?
That's a lot like saying that syringe manufacturers are responsible for IV drug abuse.

Oh....and you have some progressive cities which hand out FREE syringes.....without any culpability for those who overdose.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:08 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i hardly think we need to worry about that happening unless we continue to allow the government to control our lives. If you knew what you were talking about you would realize those same third world countries are controlled by dictators or corrupt leaders..We have a lot more chance of seeing our country turn into one like you are talking about by giving the government to much power, not too little.
The government doesn`t control my life,how does it control yours?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:43 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Talk about a post having NO CLUE.
Translation....please explain it to me at a level I can understand.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Dismissing an argument as being illogical with a rebuttal devoid of logic itself doesn't work.

Knives, cars, planes, tacos - everything has the potential to kill someone. The difference is, guns were designed to kill people and can do so much more efficiently than a knife can.
Dead is dead right ? What difference does it make if it's from a gun, knife, etc.
Maybe we should ban ATV's, snowmobiles, motorcycles etc.. I know more people that have died or have been injured by those than guns.

Stop making judgments on emotion alone, teenagers do that and look at the stupid mistakes a lot of them make.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It is an absolute myth that all Israeli teacher's carry guns. Also, are we all aware that Israel has strict gun control laws?
I never said all teachers carry guns in Israel. Learn how to read & quit twisting facts. The picture implies unlike in the USA teachers are not denied the right to carry guns in Israel schools.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:

Instead of banning guns can we start by banning idiotic questions like this?

Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The government doesn`t control my life,how does it control yours?
and hopefully it will never reach the stage where the government does, but yes, with all the restrictions on this and that, it is slowly by surely becomming the case...Pot is not legal, I am forced to wear a seat belt,, if I live in NYC I am told what size soft drink I can have, the government would like to control how much sodium we can have by removing salt shakers from all restaurant tables, they interfer with what can and can not be displayed on the lawn of our city (in some cases anyway) I am told I must carry insurance and if I own a company larger that so many people my company must offer insurance to full time personel, thus we are already seeing many compamies cut their staff to almost all part timers, regardless of the religious views of certain companies they must offer birth control completely free, not even a co pay..Gee, don't I wish the meds my husband is on, whcih keep him alive, were totally free..We have had a chance to see what will and will not be covered by our suplimenatrry medicare insurance next year the cost of treatments: I could go on and on, so don't tell me my life isn't beginning to be controlled by our governent.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Evil people exist everywhere, in every country. But the continuous massacres and 9000 people killed by guns every year only exists in the US, not other industrialised countries.

While people may state that guns don't kill people and evil people do, the fact is evil people kill a lot more when they have guns. Supporting gun ownership is thus akin to allowing evil people to kill, and to kill more effectively and efficiently.

What an asinine statement! Owning and using firearms in a responsible way puts tbis blood on my hands? People like me are willinv and ready to put ourselves in barms way to STOP evil acts by armed evil people. I would lay down my life against a person trying to do such an act as the Newtown shooting. My weapons are ready to defend belpless ones against violent vermin. Can you say the same? Could you pick up a weapon and do what needs doing? I say the blood is on YOUR hands. Wailing for somebody else to protect you ...to protect those who need protecting.
The blood is on the hands of those who will not let good people defend themselves and their loved ones. Allow us to use our weapons for good and stopping murderers cold. Wail and wring your hands, hide in a hole like a rodent. But...don't tell me that your cowardice puts blood on MY hands!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies