Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,331,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Yep, I read a post by Adam Lanotte in the comment section while reading a CNN article the other day. It pretty much echoes what you just said.

Connecticut teachers were heroes in the face of death - CNN.com
I am not sure that I could take a life but if I was responsible for a roomful of defenseless 6 year olds I think I could shoot at someone like Lanz if I had something to do it with before I tried to get between him and them knowing I would be shot and then the kids. I really do believe I could do it but not in a Gun Free Zone. I couldn't have a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 11:06 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,918,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I have no possible idea how someone could say that Pratt destroyed Piers in that clip. More like the other way around.

Oh wait, I forgot this is backwards world. Why did conservatives lose the election again? Hmmmm.....
You mean you consider calling someone an idiot and other names and just acting like a child in a playground argument to be "destroying" someone in a debate or conversation? Really? Says a lot about what your standards are. Of course I don't think that you believe this, after all, your just trying to get a knee-jerk reaction from one of us gun owners.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,870,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You mean you consider calling someone an idiot and other names and just acting like a child in a playground argument to be "destroying" someone in a debate or conversation? Really? Says a lot about what your standards are. Of course I don't think that you believe this, after all, your just trying to get a knee-jerk reaction from one of us gun owners.
Well on the bright side, now we know how to automatically win a debate. No facts required.

DUMB ASS

See?

Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,047,521 times
Morgan was already made a fool on tweeter may as well do it live.

Morgan: “Quite incredible that Bob Costas makes an impassioned plea for less handguns, and Americans go crazy with indignation. He’s 100% right.”

Morgan: “The 2nd amendment was devised with muskets in mind, not high-powered handguns & assault rifles. Fact.”

Roth: “@piersmorgan It was devised 4 people 2b able 2 protect themselves w same type of weaponry used by those from whom they might need protection.”

Morgan: “@caroljsroth Where exactly does it say that in the Constitution – must have missed it?”

Roth: “@piersmorgan right next to the word ‘muskets.’”

Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,077,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
I see Pratt being an huge a$$. Pier was destroyed?
Wrong, and Yes.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:53 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,077,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think it might be time for Morgan to go back to show business as he was in Britain's Got Talent. He blew his stack here and acted like any wild eyed left leaner in trying to get Pratt to see how stupid he is. Oh yes, he did call him stupid right there on CNN. Another good reason I don't tune that channel in anymore.

Too early on Morgan says, "You're an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you". Just like any other leaner Morgan says you are stupid if you disagree with him.

[URL="http://conservativevideos.com/2012/12/piers-morgan-blows-up-on-larry-pratt-over-gun-rights/"]Piers Morgan Blows Up on Larry Pratt Over Gun Rights[/URL]
Morgan give "jackass" a bad name.

That, however, is what CNN and the left have been reduced to.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:58 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,234,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's essentially a murder weapon, not a defensive weapon.
You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

Last edited by Bideshi; 12-20-2012 at 02:43 AM..

Old 12-20-2012, 02:03 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,526,132 times
Pratt avoided the questions and went right into the standard pro-gun chant about everyone needs to be armed. Piers was frustrated by this and called him an idiot, which I think was appropriate.

If the pro-gun people are going to use the standard response of "arm everyone, because who wants to be the victim" then they will lose badly.

The fact remains that if you take guns away, the death by firearm rate goes down... notice he totally side-stepped that fact.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:31 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,069,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Classic!

Watch at approx 5:36 where Pratt says "I honestly don't understand why you would rather have people be victims of a crime rather than being able to defend themselves...."

Morgan, having no rational response, can only say "You're an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you?" Classic lefty troll--can't address a point, so fall back on 5th grade name-calling.

I honestly thought that the irrational impulse of giving up the ability to self-defend had been quashed. No critter is dumb enough to give up its' claws and teeth. I should have known better. It was in remission, but never gone.
The Left claims to be tolerable, but they attack others who have different opposing views.

Morgan is another perfect example of modern liberalism. What Larry said was absolute GOLD.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:33 AM

45,290 posts, read 26,541,776 times
For the money he makes, as an interviewer Morgan is an incompetent and should resign if not fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies