Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
You mean letting blacks vote, Women vote, telling people they cant stop serving people based on color or religious faith? you mean all that stuff that took the power away from fat white idiots?
Geez, get yourself out of the past, will you? That isn't what it is like today so why keep browbeating white people alive today that did none of that? What white fat, idiots? The only one I can think of that fits that description was Teddy Kennedy. Geez, your own racism comes through loud and clear. Look in the mirror for God's sake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Sometimes, we have to hope for the best yet prepare for the worst. The world never acts accordingly to what we want, usually. So, it's better to educate, hope that sinks in and have a backup plan in case it don't.
Well, IMO abortion shouldn't be the backup plan under most circumstances.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:22 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, IMO abortion shouldn't be the backup plan under most circumstances.
So, do you adopt unwanted babies? Or do you stick your head in the sand and say, "the world is godless!"? Be the change you wish to see.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:34 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why bring up the past anyway? Are Christians advocating for murder today?
Someone in these discussions always brings up the Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition, as if the actions of those people nearly 1,000 years ago in any way mirrors modern Christians. I swear, some people have the most twisted idea of what the average Christian churchgoer believes and how they behave.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
So, do you adopt unwanted babies? Or do you stick your head in the sand and say, "the world is godless!"? Be the change you wish to see.
There are enough parents that do want to adopt babies. I already had several children of my own and I am a grandparent now. We are becoming godless when women are allowed to abort their unborn kids as a method of birth control, IMO. That isn't the kind of change that is a positive.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Someone in these discussions always brings up the Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition, as if the actions of those people nearly 1,000 years ago in any way mirrors modern Christians. I swear, some people have the most twisted idea of what the average Christian churchgoer believes and how they behave.
I know. It's ridiculous isn't it? They also like to blame white people today for what white people did that are long ago dead.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 PM

724 posts, read 593,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I read an interesting stat that linked an increase in legal abortion to the drop in crime.

I don't see abortion as any great tragedy. If anything we need fewer people being born, not more.
Yeah, it's from the book freakonomics and it a very plausible theory. 20 years after roe vs wade the crime rates were hitting highs until they suddenly dropped off and have been declining ever since. The author makes a good case for a causal relationship based on the fact that most criminals are poor young men, and because of roe vs wade a whole generation of potential criminals was never born.

Freakonomics » Chapter 4

Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
First let me say that in terms of human history 1,000 years ago was yesterday.

Second, 20th century Christians had no problem aiding in the murder of Jews during WW2, especially all of those good Catholic and Orthodox Poles, and Ukrainians. Then check out the current Evangelical persecution of homosexuals (including murder) in Africa. And lest we forget the good Christians of Serbia and their murder of Bosnian muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies