Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 03:35 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,499,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I just read a couple posts where the guy was called an idiot and was terrorizing the children or was mentally unstable due to serving and shouldn't be around the school. I guess I call BS when I see it.
I guess you should consider the sources who likely never served in the military and have never put themselves at risk in their smug little superior lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 04:08 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
According to the article, he's also in big big trouble (a possible $10K fine and an investigation) for wearing his fatigues vs. his dress uniform in public. Hopefully the Marine Corp will back down on that one...
Blue Dress B, C, D....BUT NOT A.

His Service Uniform or (greens) are usually worn as a suit...like say in a Court Martial.

If he was still enlisted...I would have asked which one was ok for that situation before doing so.

I thank him for what he did...however I think he needed a "bit" more attitude.

Good luck Mac!

Semper Fi~

Rick Astley Never gonna give you up lyrics!!! - YouTube

Old 12-20-2012, 05:24 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,376,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He did it to make the children feel a bit safer. I don't see how anybody can have a problem with this guy doing that very thing.
Only the left would have a problem with this. Of course they're only happy to read stories about dead marines, not live ones making children feel better.

The Marines Toys for Tots drive probably gives them ulcers.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
A very important way. Please answer the question. Thanks.
When you are able to explain what someone's hobbies have to do with this topic, I might.

Maybe you should start by listing your hobbies for me.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:47 PM

46,976 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Now this I like to see. This is a feel good story. The U.S. Marine who did two tours of duty took it upon himself to go down to the local elementary school to give them the satisfaction of feeling safe and secure. This could be a trend setter. Marine Sgt. Craig Pusley...
Turns out we have a Walt on our hands. It's not Marine Sgt. Craig Pusley of two tours of duty, it's Marine PFC Craig Pusley with no MOS, no tours of duty anywhere and a full 8 months in the Corps.

Hughson ex-Marine lied about service record - Breaking News - Modbee.com

As for making the kids feel safer, he's probably just as effective, so - you may continue the hero worship.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:06 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Turns out we have a Walt on our hands. It's not Marine Sgt. Craig Pusley of two tours of duty, it's Marine PFC Craig Pusley with no MOS, no tours of duty anywhere and a full 8 months in the Corps.

Hughson ex-Marine lied about service record - Breaking News - Modbee.com

As for making the kids feel safer, he's probably just as effective, so - you may continue the hero worship.
Well I never saw that coming. LOl..........Well......at least he put the children first and tried to make them feel safe.........Carry on!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
we need armed marines in our schools. of course when there is armed confrontation by students, the lawyers will swear they they were troubled youth not terrorists.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,467,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
According to the article, he's also in big big trouble (a possible $10K fine and an investigation) for wearing his fatigues vs. his dress uniform in public. Hopefully the Marine Corp will back down on that one...
The US Marine Corps does not wear fatigues. That is the US Army. The Army wears fatigues because they are always tired. The Marines wear utilities.

He is not in trouble for wearing utilities, he is in trouble for lying his butt off. First of all, he was a Private First Class (E-2), not a Sergeant (E-5), and barely six months out of boot camp before he was discharged. He also never served overseas, as he claimed. The article does not say what kind of discharge he received, but since he only served a total of nine months before being discharged it could not have been an honorable discharge, but it may have been under honorable conditions. Since the Marine Corps acknowledges that he was an E-2, he did not receive a Bad Conduct or Dishonorable Discharge, or they would have stripped his rank. Therefore, he received either a General or Medical Discharge, under either honorable or other than honorable conditions.

“At no point was he asked to stop standing in protection of his son’s school, only that he not wear his uniform in doing so.”

Last edited by Glitch; 12-20-2012 at 06:49 PM..

Old 12-20-2012, 07:06 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,187 times
Another right winger that dresses up in mans clothing because he has a tiny weenie and couldn't make it in the Corps. Semper Fi my real brothers!!

Old 12-20-2012, 07:29 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The US Marine Corps does not wear fatigues. That is the US Army. The Army wears fatigues because they are always tired. The Marines wear utilities.

He is not in trouble for wearing utilities, he is in trouble for lying his butt off. First of all, he was a Private First Class (E-2), not a Sergeant (E-5), and barely six months out of boot camp before he was discharged. He also never served overseas, as he claimed. The article does not say what kind of discharge he received, but since he only served a total of nine months before being discharged it could not have been an honorable discharge, but it may have been under honorable conditions. Since the Marine Corps acknowledges that he was an E-2, he did not receive a Bad Conduct or Dishonorable Discharge, or they would have stripped his rank. Therefore, he received either a General or Medical Discharge, under either honorable or other than honorable conditions.

“At no point was he asked to stop standing in protection of his son’s school, only that he not wear his uniform in doing so.”
If he is still enlisted he is not permitted to wear his MARPAT while on liberty. You better check that out....I KNOW!

As for his Blue Dress...or Service Uniform.....I would have asked for such a duty.

He at least remembered that his grooming and weight regulations had to be standard before doing so at least..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies