Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:15 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times

Advertisements

Your selfish. Get over yourself and try to enjoy the holidays. It isnt about keeping up with the Jones. Your problem with Christmas is your problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
I'm not as bad as you guys, I just hate putting up the damned decorations and the disorder that comes with it.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:19 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
I can see how that would be the case.

Christmas is just another excuse to sell crap people don't need
They certainly try very hard to make it that way. You, however, are free not to participate in any of this. I don't, my wife doesn't.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Its all about disappointment. people without money are made to feel like s%^&. Poor kids are made to feel twice as worse as usual. Women laugh at how men squirm to not be embarrassed by their gift choices. The household budget be damned. Its all about regret and making people feel like S^&*.
Then the poit of Christmas is loss on you with those requirement to enjoy. I bet new years under same conditions are ven worse lookig at the new year.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 PM

397 posts, read 257,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Then the poit of Christmas is loss on you with those requirement to enjoy. I bet new years under same conditions are ven worse lookig at the new year.
What? Im sorry but I really dont understand the second part.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Your selfish. Get over yourself and try to enjoy the holidays. It isnt about keeping up with the Jones. Your problem with Christmas is your problem
Yeah I'm selfish...... right,you know nothing about me. Yeah I should and I do just go in more debt to please the likes of you. Typical. This is why I feel this way about it. See how I am called selfish just for speaking out.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I'm not as bad as you guys, I just hate putting up the damned decorations and the disorder that comes with it.
Then you are lucky.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
One of my fondest memories ever was my 7 yr old sister waking me up when I was five to announce "It's Christmas." That was a good Christmas. But Christmas was all downhill from there....

Old 12-20-2012, 05:42 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Then you are lucky.
I also don't go into debt or think that is what I'm "supposed" to do.

Christmas growing up for me was...........unpleasant would be the word, once my dad died. For many reasons and on many levels, so I have not looked forward to Christmas for many years.

I happened to marry a woman who tranforms herself into the Christmas Elf From Hell (I've described that aspect in other threads) and while she has tried for over 30 years to make me enjoy the holiday she has been largely unsuccessful.

I did somewhat enjoy it when the kids were younger.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
One of my fondest memories ever was my 7 yr old sister waking me up when I was five to announce "It's Christmas." That was a good Christmas. But Christmas was all downhill from there....
Thats the other part and its personal. I never got what I wanted. And I mean I saw others get it. After about 7 I didn't even expect it. I made damn sure my kids didn't experience that but my disappointment remains. Then I get grown and now everyone expects me to love this BS.

It never ends. Once I spent bonus money hard earned on a necklace for my wife. She never wore it,not once. Later it served as a huge argument. Women make it worse. Its a big game to them,but emotionally draining for men like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies