Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 03:51 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Great for you.
Unless you have real clinical issues, buck up, stop being such a whiner and feeling sorry for yourself and make your life (or better yet, SOMEBODY ELSE'S) better.

How old are you, if I may ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 04:01 PM

768 posts, read 859,911 times
I am sorry your wife never thought enough of you to even pretend she liked the necklace. Women can be very thoughtless and mean. We do the best we can when we buy gifts for those we love. I have given what I thought were nice gifts but never saw them used or worn or played with....crossed those people off my list and amazingly, they sure squawked.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:06 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Unless you have real clinical issues, buck up, stop being such a whiner and feeling sorry for yourself and make your life (or better yet, SOMEBODY ELSE'S) better.

How old are you, if I may ask?

Leave the guy alone. Not everyone feels the same way about Xmas that you do.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
If you get a crappy gift for Christmas give it to a liberal.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:19 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Convert to Judaism... it's just another day for most of us, aside from the fact that we're (often) off work. Oh yeah, and the Chinese restaurants & movie theaters are all ours - along with some Asians/Indians, at least around here.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,266 times
YOU used the personal pronoun "I" 8 times in this short rant. Christmas isnt about you

EXACTLY. Stop focusing on yourself OP and it will amaze you how much happier you'll be.

Find someone to do something nice for.

Forget all the Xmas nonsense...it doesn't mean anything. Enjoy the people you love. Have some nice food. Stop agonizing over it!!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
YOU used the personal pronoun "I" 8 times in this short rant. Christmas isnt about you. If you cant find a way to spread happiness and joy during Christmas without spending money then YOU need counseling

I get tired of whining victims
We can also think the OP is just venting, relax and enjoy the eggnog.....

Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
YOU used the personal pronoun "I" 8 times in this short rant. Christmas isnt about you

EXACTLY. Stop focusing on yourself OP and it will amaze you how much happier you'll be.

Find someone to do something nice for.

Forget all the Xmas nonsense...it doesn't mean anything. Enjoy the people you love. Have some nice food. Stop agonizing over it!!
Some how most of you are missing...."Money" is a factor for the OP. Whens the last time a kid just wanted a doll or truck??? Buying for some women who now expect cars and diamonds, I myself prefer land...........

Old 12-21-2012, 06:12 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If you get a crappy gift for Christmas give it to a liberal.
Is "crappy gift" a rightie codeword for knowledge? Just wondering, that's all, because it explains a lot!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some how most of you are missing...."Money" is a factor for the OP. Whens the last time a kid just wanted a doll or truck??? Buying for some women who now expect cars and diamonds, I myself prefer land...........
Yes, I think the LEVEL of gifts expected these days is what's causing people stress... I mean, there are 10 year-olds putting iPads on their wish lists, and actually getting them in some cases! As you said, whatever happened to dolls and toy trucks?

I love hearing stories from older people, regarding what they got for the holidays "way back when." Just the other day I was talking with a library patron, who's probably in his early 70s, and he was telling me about the best Christmas gift he'd ever received - a handmade wooden truck from his (now deceased) father. To me that's more special than some $500 electronic toy, and I bet they'll forget the iPad sooner than this man forgot his little wooden truck. :*)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies