Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
They also decided that the leader of these lunatics,Rev. Phelps,is a Democrat. At least in FOX nation he is. Even if he is,it`s not relative to the story.
Fox Calls Westboro Baptist Church A 'Left-Wing Cult' - NewsHounds
I'm pretty sure this is the biggest thread FAIL for today.

But the day is young and leftwingnutters have nothing better to do than post gibberish on forums, so don't get the big head just yet. You might get beat!

Clue: Phelps IS a democrat!

Oopsie Daizy!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
They also decided that the leader of these lunatics,Rev. Phelps,is a Democrat. At least in FOX nation he is. Even if he is,it`s not relative to the story.
So, why do you denying admitting one of your own?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Fox is always trying to claim right wing nutjobs are secretly left wing. It's just another reason why Fox is garbage and the people who watch it are the least informed in the country.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I am a hard right winger but what amazes me most is the attention Fred Phelps and his church, mostly made up of inbred family members, gets from either side.

He's a one man freak show with a small band of idiots comprising 0.000000001% of the population yet somehow we give him all this attention?

"We", being FOX?

They also injected partisan politics into it, something I've not seen done before with these freaks.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:01 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, I would not classify them as a left wing cult, I'd classify them as a group of right wing nutjobs and suppose cult is the right description. I do find Phelps membership in the Democratic Party and his support of Gore baffling. I am not so biased or partisan that I can't see or admit the obvious.
Westboro is not affiliated with either party and they are widely despised among the right and left for protesting a people's funerals.

It' sad to see so many ill-informed people posting on the topic.

Phelps used to be a dem, he split from Gore when Gore flip-flopped and became pro-gay.

THEY PROTESTED at Gores fathers funeral in retaliation.

For those of you crying about fox news, yeah they are playing skeezy with the truth but that's not shocking. Seeing as I live in KS I have had to correct many many posters from the left around here who try to bash KS because of the WBC when they are a transplanted group of crazies that (and I'm not making this up) chose Topeka because of it's 666xx zipcode.

So for everyone out there trying to label them to the other party in a shameless political attack, grow up.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:03 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times
Quote:
Fox News pulls this kind of crap all the time.

Usually, they'll use an obscure and meaningless factoid, like "Fred Phelps was once a Democrat", then conflate that into " Westboro is a leftist cult", with no other justification whatsoever.

Or, keep harping on the fact that Democrats were the party of Southern Segregation, and the original Republicans, the party of Lincoln, without mentioning the switcheroo that occurred in the Civil Rights era.

Occasionally, Fox will flat-out LIE about the party affiliation of an embarrassed politician. The were at least two recent incidents where Fox repeatedly falsely identified a disgraced Republican as a DEMOCRAT on their broadcasts

The latest GOP fad is to complain about the "low information voter" (meaning, everyone who voted for Obama). Ironic, huh, when their propaganda organ does everything it can to keep its audience in the dark

Old 12-26-2012, 10:03 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
"We", being FOX?

They also injected partisan politics into it, something I've not seen done before with these freaks.
LMFAO....go search the KS forum....people are constantly trying to associate the WBC using partisan politics.

Fox is an obviously biased news source, you really think we don't have biased morons on both sides of the aisle? lol.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Promising, I hope others take off their partisan blinders as well. Good to see.
How about yourself, Partner?

Old 12-26-2012, 10:08 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,904 times
Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read it and weep, leftwingloonies. He sure has a lot of associations with the demorat party. And this is not Fox News.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:13 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read it and weep, leftwingloonies. He sure has a lot of associations with the demorat party. And this is not Fox News.
Westboro calls Obama the anti-Christ. Phelps sounds more like a tea partier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies