Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times

Advertisements

did all my shopping in antique stores all made in USA all made to last,yup some tested for 50 to 100yrs.paid less than new made in china on some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Was virtually every present you gave and received "Made in China"?
No. I make an effort to support US made products

Old 12-28-2012, 11:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well I guess the money technically is made in China seeing as all the debt of ours they own. LMFAO!!!
No, they own less than 10% of it.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Not only China.......If a person received Victoria's Secert they or the buyer could possibly be supporting sweatshops in Jordan, the treatment of women there and they allow this factory..........figure that one out!!

I think it's just amazing where some of our stuff comes from and the price other people pay to keep others comfortable. For the most part I don't believe Americans know/understand what others in other countries endure in the work place to bring us cheap stuff.

I do try and buy American when and where I can........many "Ma & Pa" stores do carry American made you just have to ask and seek.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:17 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,446,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Not only China.......If a person received Victoria's Secert they or the buyer could possibly be supporting sweatshops in Jordan, the treatment of women there and they allow this factory..........figure that one out!!

I think it's just amazing where some of our stuff comes from and the price other people pay to keep others comfortable. For the most part I don't believe Americans know/understand what others in other countries endure in the work place to bring us cheap stuff.

I do try and buy American when and where I can........many "Ma & Pa" stores do carry American made you just have to ask and seek.
You think that is bad? Check out the rampant slavery in the Chocolate and Coffee industries!

The bitter truth behind the chocolate in your Easter basket – Eatocracy - CNN.com Blogs

Combating Slavery in Coffee and Chocolate Production

We can live without lingerie. But Chocolate and Coffee are a national right!

Old 12-28-2012, 11:20 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
On that note! you got what you paid for? And boy depending on what you buy, many goods from China are going up in price, notice computer and tablet and cell prices.

Democrats think a lot of things! Don't make it gospel. As some of you think!
The elected Democrats in Washington only want to raise taxes, increase penalties on employers and manufacturers, create more EPA regs, all they have in their tool box is punish, regulate, and tax.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,446,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The elected Democrats in Washington only want to raise taxes, increase penalties on employers and manufacturers, create more EPA regs, all they have in their tool box is punish, regulate, and tax.
Do you have some actual links to back that up?

Because from my point of view all they want to do is line their own pockets more. They could care less about the rest of that.

And I include Republicans in that too.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:09 PM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Not even close!

Old 12-28-2012, 01:25 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Quote:
Nope. Don't celebrate Christmas.

Happy New Year

Old 12-28-2012, 01:47 PM

371 posts, read 625,349 times
I made a real effort to not buy items made in China. Most of the gifts I bought were made in the USA and the rest were made in Italy or France.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies