Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The 2nd amendment is completely outdated. Gun ownership yes, I agree for responsible owners.
Well, I think the 8th is outdated as to "cruel and unusual punishment". Waterboarding is very effective at getting information from those would seek to harm us.

The 10th seems to be regularly ignored by the current regime.

The 14th is defintely outdated with illegals breeding new citizens as fast as they can.

The 16th? Not popular with anyone.

The 18th and the 21st are a wash.

The 19th? Let's get them women back in the kitchen!

Someone's trying to play with the 22nd even as we speak here.

Quote:
I do not agree with 90% of the people who think they need to carry them around. Very few carry permits should be issued.
I'm glad I live in a shall-issue state. 90% (or more) of those carrying would likely use those concealed weapons to save your life as you kneel pleading and crying before a threatening thug. More permits should be issued. A well-armed society is a polite society.

Quote:
The 2nd amendment says you can own guns in your home. I agree with that. But unless you are part of a sanctioned militia you better leave them at home.
No, the 2nd guarantees that our right to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Quote:
Illegally transporting or carrying firearms should be a felony.
Yep, laws are effective at stopping unwanted behavior. Hey, I got it! Let's make murder illegal! That'll do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I'm glad I live in a shall-issue state. 90% (or more) of those carrying would likely use those concealed weapons to save your life as you kneel pleading and crying before a threatening thug. More permits should be issued. A well-armed society is a polite society.
I live in one too and while I don't believe in permission slips and don't need one to carry openly, I love that my concealed permit exempts a me from the Gun Free School Zone nonsense some what...

Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have said "fantasize". Maybe "post about in graphic detail" would be more appropriate. There are posts like that all over this forum, so it's not about mind reading.
That's peculiar. I've not seen a post proposing mass murder.

Methinks you are emotionally involved in this topic to the point you are having trouble discerning what is reality.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
wow, didnt know people on the board considered me liberal. that will suprise alot of people here on cd.
well,...your post certainly seemed to support the idea of "gun owners fantasizing about mass murder".

Maybe not, but that's the way I read it,..."asked and answered".

Old 01-07-2013, 07:58 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooka View Post
Not true. It does not mater if its a gun show or a gun shop, all sales between a buyer and a dealer who holds a FFL has to do back ground checks and fill out the paperwork no exemptions for gun shows. The gun show loop hole just means that private sales between non dealers and buyers do not have to go though any paperwork as long as the state you live in does not require it. So Florida where I live in a face to face deal in a parking lot of the local seven eleven you don't have to ask if they are legal to have the gun, take your money and give them the gun. I just did one such transaction this week end and purchased a Walther PPK from WW2 in the parking lot of a northern tool supply. This may end soon if this passes.
All my firearm sales and purchases have been through private sales, and that will continue to be the means by which I sell or purchase my firearms, regardless of the law. The very last thing anyone who believes in our individual right to own and carry firearms wants is for government to be able to know and track our private firearms.

Only an idiot, who does not deserve to own firearms, would be stupid enough to tell government what firearms they own.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
All my firearm sales and purchases have been through private sales, and that will continue to be the means by which I sell or purchase my firearms, regardless of the law. The very last thing anyone who believes in our individual right to own and carry firearms wants is for government to be able to know and track our private firearms.

Only an idiot, who does not deserve to own firearms, would be stupid enough to tell government what firearms they own.
Yup!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:00 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
We have guys with badges that carry guns to stop the nuts ok? We don't need a bunch of cowboys running around with guns anymore just looking for a gun fight.

This country is growing up and leaving guns behind. Finally.
No, the guys with badges usually show up to take notes, determine what happened, and talk to some witnesses.

When someone tried to break into my house, the first thing I was instructed to do by the 911 operator was to "secure my weapon". I replied "Hell No!" If someone was in my house, the last thing I was about to do was disarm myself. For all I knew at that moment, I was the only thing between an intruder and my wife and child. And the police were still minutes away. When I made it clear that I was armed, ready to shoot, and actively hunting for an intruder in my home, that's when I heard the sirens start to sound. The police who responded made it clear that they had no problem with me being armed or my actions taken prior to their arrival. Nor did they take my handgun gun away or ask me to put it down while they were there. They asked what I was loaded with, and when I said it was packed in 17-round magazines they just smiled and said "Damn..."

Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
The 2nd amendment, in modern language, says:

"Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for freedom and security, the right of ordinary people to own guns and other such weapons cannot be taken away or restricted."
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
Can you translate the word militia in modern language, this should be good.
Already did, see above.

Read.

Reading is key.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I am glad to live in a State that does not require a permit of any kind to carry concealed or openly. The less government knows about what I choose to carry, or how I choose to carry that weapon, the better.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycewv View Post
You don't need a background check at a gun show or private sale.
You don't need a background check for private sales. Gun shows require background checks depending on the seller. If you are buying a shirt or knife you won't need one, but if you are buying a gun from a dealer you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies