Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It's always a hoot when people who haven't lived in Alaska, try to tell us how to live in Alaska.
Do you live in Alaska or have lived in Alaska?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 10:49 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Give monkeys guns and watch them kill themselves.

Now they have guns, and they've already started killing themselves.

All in the name of 'civility'.

White people amuse me...
I beg your pardon?! Thats about a terminaly stupid crack. What percieved malcunction, tbat has to do with skin tone, is it that you see here. You feel white people kill each other with guns and/or handle them in sill fashion more so than someone who is a different color? Asinine quips like tbis are inflammatory and arrogant. And far from amusing.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,148 times
Quote:
It's always a hoot when people who haven't lived in Alaska, try to tell Alaskans how to live in Alaska.
Just A Housewife Out Shopping In Alaska .
No Permit Required In Alaska For Either Open
(Must Be 18) Or Concealed (Must Be 21) Carry.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:04 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:

White people amuse me...

Ignorant posts amuse me!

25 years murder-free in 'Gun Town USA....

In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun.
Since then, despite dire predictions of “Wild West” showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.

Read more at 25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’

Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I beg your pardon?! Thats about a terminaly stupid crack. What percieved malcunction, tbat has to do with skin tone, is it that you see here.
You feel white people kill each other with guns and/or handle them in sill fashion more so than someone who is a different color? Asinine quips like tbis are inflammatory and arrogant. And far from amusing.
They are racist and post ignorant things!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Ignorant posts amuse me!

25 years murder-free in 'Gun Town USA....

In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun.
Since then, despite dire predictions of “Wild West†showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.

Read more at 25 years murder-free in ‘Gun Town USA’

Kennesaw also had a low crime rate before passing their ordinance for people to have a gun, basically it shows that neither adding more guns or taking away guns doesn't matter much to gun violence. I am however for drawing a line with what people can and can't own because there are weapons out there that are meant to simply do a lot of damage quickly.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Kennesaw also had a low crime rate before passing their ordinance for people to have a gun, basically it shows that neither adding more guns or taking away guns doesn't matter much to gun violence. I am however for drawing a line with what people can and can't own because there are weapons out there that are meant to simply do a lot of damage quickly.
Then go live somewhere where there are no guns and see how civil it is.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:

White people amuse me...
Go look at the prison population. Now go look at the racial mix of gang bangers. Now look at the racial mix on Wall St. Now look at the racial mix of killers?

Is it still amusing?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I always thought conservatives were all for freedom of choice. Now they are supporting towns that are taking that freedom away. Go figure.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 735 times
Quote:
It's always a hoot when people who haven't lived in Alaska, try to tell Alaskans how to live in Alaska.
Because bears frequently roam the isles of grocery stores in Alaska?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies