Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
More biased than the Annenberg Project? I wonder about that.
And that only reflects on you. The Annenberg Project at the University of Pennsylvania is regarded by both sides of the aisle (not of course, to include the nut jobs) as being scrupulously non-partisan and unbiased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Show cognizable evidence, and the theories will stop.
The past five years have repeatedly proven that is not true.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:37 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No. None of them have been "concealed." The enrollemnt forms (for example) were discarded by the respective institutions a quarter-century or so ago. And all of the rest are simply protected by the same exact laws that protect yours and mine.
Do you ever wonder if the birther types get as tired of repeating the lies as we do of repeating the debunkments?

Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM

My god... is there any stupid Birther meme you don't swallow whole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
A while back, I remember reading a report that in Georgia, Obama's attorney admitted that Obama's certificate of birth was a forgery.
Either your memory has failed you, or your sources have lied to you. In Georgia, Obama's attorney completely boycotted the hearing. So how could he have admitted to anything like that? The Birther lawyers were arguing with an empty chair. The judge offered them a default judgment, but they declined it because they waned to get all their "evidence" on the record. In the process, they accidentally proved that Obama was eligible, so instead of the default judgement the judge had to rule against them.

Yep. They argued against an empty chair and lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker
I've never heard that the social security number was proven one way or the other.
Obama has filed his income taxes and payroll taxes with that number every year form more than 35 years. The IRS and SSS actually check to see if returns are filed with bogus numbers, you know? They have never complained.

Quote:
A former class-mate stated that Obama attended the university as a foreign exchange student.
This same "former classmate" has repeatedly insisted he never even heard of Obama at school. How could he know Obama attended as a foreign student when he never even heard of Obama at all?

Quote:
Now, I'm reading that the Supreme Court is going to hear evidence about Obama on Feb. 15, and the allegations abound.
Supreme Court conferences do not hear evidence. Period.

Quote:
From a certificate that shows no aging over a 50 year period, to passports and travel, and two other names by which he's supposed to have been known by. Where did the Kenyan cert come from? And, why does it look more genuine than the one from Hawaii, with mis-aligned numbers on a pre-printed form.
All the Obama birth certificates that have been released are brand new copies issued by Hawaii. So why would they show age?

I have no idea what your complaint about passports and travel are, since you make none.

There are two "Kenyan" birth certificates. One was a practical joke played on Orly Taitz by the anti-Birthers at The Fogbow, and the other was created by a convicted felon trying to pull a quick con job on eBay. While you may think they look "genuine," neither of them look anything like an actual Kenyan birth certificate. And there are no "misaligned numbers" on the President's actual birth certificates.

Quote:
If there's no grounds to any of these accusations, why are they still being thrown around?
Because some people are so irredeemably racist that they cannot accept a black man as president, and it actually makes them a little crazy.

Quote:
it should be relatively easy to prove them wrong.
It was proved wrong on Jun 13thm 2008 when Obama released his short form birth certificate.

Quote:
Why spend $50 million to side-step the issues? It should be simpler and cheaper to just lay out the proof.
You have now multiplied the previous birther lies about how Obama has spent by a factor of more than ten. The president has actually spent almost nothing on this issue.

Quote:
We've never had anything like this before. Does that make all his signatures null and void? All the bills his signed no longer valid?
Let's pretend for a second that birthers were right. It wouldn't matter. Under the well established De Facto Officer Doctrine, everything Obama did as President would stand and remain completely valid.

Quote:
I have not seen enough of the questions answered to dismiss it that easily.
Do not hallucinate that your personal ignorance is any sort of standard for truth.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Do you ever wonder if the birther types get as tired of repeating the lies as we do of repeating the debunkments?
I actually don't. Mental masturbation of the birther sort might be just as monotonous as regular masturbation. But it still ends up making them feel better.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:29 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
You have now multiplied the previous birther lies about how Obama has spent by a factor of more than ten.
go big or go home.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:51 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
I actually don't. Mental masturbation of the birther sort might be just as monotonous as regular masturbation. But it still ends up making them feel better.
<snort> You may be right. I do know that a couple of them do it because it tickles their atrophied giblets. I salute your ability to (mostly) civilly refute them.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:

Because some people are so irredeemably racist that they cannot accept a black man as president, and it actually makes them a little crazy.

And THAT is the reason birtherism will not die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies