Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,694,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
The issue is all blacks aren't gun carrying thugs so you once again have a issue of attacking us as a whole instead if individually.
The very same thing I have been saying.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:53 PM

651 posts, read 705,839 times
Why is it that there are more blacks in prison than whites? Why is it that when floods hit the Midwest they did not riot and loot, but in NOLA or any large black populations look out walmart the blacks see any situation as a black Friday mark down grab and run.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Why is it that there are more blacks in prison than whites? Why is it that when floods hit the Midwest they did not riot and loot, but in NOLA or any large black populations look out walmart the blacks see any situation as a black Friday mark down grab and run.
Have you ever asked yourself which segment of the Black population was doing the looting and the mobbing? If you ever asked yourself that question, you wouldn't have to ask the question you just asked.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,440,058 times
Lets take a look at the truth and what liberal political correctness is blinding America from seeing:
Crime Rates

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times
more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely
to use a knife.

Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white
rate.

The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every
year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites
commit 15 percent.

Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against
blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are
black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime,
only three percent of their victims are black.

Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent
crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to
commit robbery.

Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.

Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of
youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times
more likely.

Incarceration

Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled,
from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from
320,000 to 1.39 million.

Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

Source: Dept. of Justice, FBI Uniform Crime Report

Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Lets take a look at the truth and what liberal political correctness is blinding America from seeing:
Crime Rates

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times
more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely
to use a knife.

Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white
rate.

The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every
year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites
commit 15 percent.

Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against
blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are
black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime,
only three percent of their victims are black.

Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent
crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to
commit robbery.

Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.

Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of
youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times
more likely.

Incarceration

Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled,
from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from
320,000 to 1.39 million.

Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

Source: Dept. of Justice, FBI Uniform Crime Report
What is your point in presenting this information? What is your agenda? I know you aren't posting this just to be posting this. What are your proposing with this data, and what benefit is it to me?

Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 PM

361 posts, read 273,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never said poverty was the only reason.

And there are some Asian gangs. Ever hear of the Triads? Ever hear of the AZN Boys? The TRG? MOD? And the difference between immigrants coming here and Black Americans is this. Asians are coming here is IMMIGRANTS looking for something new. There is a certain mentality that comes with immigrating to a new nation that fosters being willing to work hard no matter what.

And some immigrants have formed gangs for protection. There were kids getting abused by their parents and those kids join gangs as well. Some have formed gangs for economic benefits. New York City is a major center for the Latin Kings, a major gang in New York.

And people were selling drugs to make money. And why is there a demand for drugs among some people. Why was there a mentality of "I need extra money to look cool"? There is a difference between being an impoverished immigrant coming to the USA and being poor in the USA vis-a-vis a culture that encourages materialism.

My point was that the violence was a symptom of other problems.
BRO I LIVE IN FLUSHING I KNOW ALL ABOUT ASIAN GANGS!!! Your point about asians compared to blacks is very fair, it is a different mentality. The difference is they don't ruin there communities. I don't fear attack from asian gang members unless i was in a rival gang. Asian neighborhood's filled with gangs are safe even at 2 am. The same can't be said of black neigborhoods and black gangs. They don't rob people for the phone and sneakers(as much). The Latin Kings barely exist anymore and are nothing what they use to be. Me and my boys refer to it as the time when "the latin kings ruled the world". The nypd, fbi put an end to that. I agree Materialism is a problem but not the reason for street violence. Violence comes from a hard life breeding hard people. The streets of Brownsville is a very hard place espesially without proper guidance which far to many are lacking. I can't blame anyone except for the people themselves. I blame the hood culture for all of this. No well intentioned liberal from the suburbs or some fancy university can help them. They need 2 parent house holds with positive role models. They need parents that stress hard work and responsabilty. For to many of my friends MY parents were the only positive adult influences they ever had. They need to rise as a community and say ENOUGH ALREADY!!.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
BRO I LIVE IN FLUSHING I KNOW ALL ABOUT ASIAN GANGS!!! Your point about asians compared to blacks is very fair, it is a different mentality. The difference is they don't ruin there communities. I don't fear attack from asian gang members unless i was in a rival gang. Asian neighborhood's filled with gangs are safe even at 2 am. The same can't be said of black neigborhoods and black gangs. They don't rob people for the phone and sneakers(as much). The Latin Kings barely exist anymore and are nothing what they use to be. Me and my boys refer to it as the time when "the latin kings ruled the world". The nypd, fbi put an end to that. I agree Materialism is a problem but not the reason for street violence. Violence comes from a hard life breeding hard people. The streets of Brownsville is a very hard place espesially without proper guidance which far to many are lacking. I can't blame anyone except for the people themselves. I blame the hood culture for all of this. No well intentioned liberal from the suburbs or some fancy university can help them. They need 2 parent house holds with positive role models. They need parents that stress hard work and responsabilty. For to many of my friends MY parents were the only positive adult influences they ever had. They need to rise as a community and say ENOUGH ALREADY!!.
Have you ever asked yourself where such a mentality comes from?

There are people who are saying "enough already". Guess what happens. Those very "hood rats" who have caused problems don't listen. Do you know what happens if you inform on a criminal? You get killed. Alot of Black people basically vote with their feet and leave many neighborhoods.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:10 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,303,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Ann is right. It is a huge problem that 'We The People' must resolve. What Ann said was a bold statement on a mainstream news network. The truth needs to come out and this 'political correctness' needs to end when it comes to talking about race and crime. The 'racist' indoctrination in America needs to end now.

Coulter: ‘Not a gun problem,’ U.S. has ‘demographic problem’ with non-whites | The Raw Story
Again it has to be repeated the core of conservatism is exclusion. conservatives must have some enemy some out group to demonize. This is the core of conservatism.

Be those out groups liberals, black people, Mexican, Muslims, poor people, single moms, unions, scientists, Hollywood, the media, and on and on conservatives must have some group to hate.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM

361 posts, read 273,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Have you ever asked yourself where such a mentality comes from?

There are people who are saying "enough already". Guess what happens. Those very "hood rats" who have caused problems don't listen. Do you know what happens if you inform on a criminal? You get killed. Alot of Black people basically vote with their feet and leave many neighborhoods.
Nobody is talking about informing on anybody trust me. I said where the mentality comes from, a cold hard life tends to breed cold hard people.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,840,358 times
there is no violent crime epidemic. violent crime has dropped almost 16 percent since 2002.

violent crime makes the news, and violent crime happens everyday so its reported everday. doesnt mean its a national epidemic.

1,203,564 violent crimes in 2010 with a population of what, 315 million? less than 1 percent of americans were a victim of violent crime in 2010, yet the op uses this as a tool to scapegoat non whites just because they may cause a disproportionate number of that less then 1 percent violent crime.

thats what the op doesnt want you to know when hes throwing out these stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies