Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:30 AM

92 posts, read 56,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
George Washington is dead and his opinion has become increasingly irrelevant as time passed on.

Thanks, but no thanks Mr.XXX.
The ironic thing is that's your opinion. And in my opinion, your opinion is irrelevant. And by the way, that's not his opinion, that's his philosophy. There's a distinct difference between a philosophy and an opinion.

Government doesn't magically become inherently good and righteous just because time passes by and technology advances. Humans are humans, that never changes.

You're not a very intelligent person and as such you should not partake in this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 02:39 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,236,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos331 View Post
The ironic thing is that's your opinion. And in my opinion, your opinion is irrelevant. And by the way, that's not his opinion, that's his philosophy. There's a distinct difference between a philosophy and an opinion.
Yes, yes. I could say the same to you, but then where will that get us?

Quote:
Government doesn't magically become inherently good and righteous just because time passes by and technology advances. Humans are humans, that never changes.
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? We're discussing Tom Brokaw and a snippet from a man long dead. Why are you bringing up the topic of humans? Go start another thread if that's the case.

Quote:
You're not a very intelligent person and as such you should not partake in this discussion.
"The ironic thing is that's your opinion. And in my opinion, your opinion is irrelevant and you should not partake in this discussion."

Old 05-30-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Yes, yes. I could say the same to you, but then where will that get us?
Lol. Thanks for proving my point?

Quote:
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? We're discussing Tom Brokaw and a snippet from a man long dead. Why are you bringing up the topic of humans? Go start another thread if that's the case.
Oh my...

...the subject is about the second amendment and self-defense from the government. Tom Brokkaw seems to think that the second amendment is not needed for that. Did you even bother reading the OP?

Quote:
"The ironic thing is that's your opinion. And in my opinion, your opinion is irrelevant and you should not partake in this discussion."
It's not an opinion if there's evidence to prove it.

In which case you've done multiple times in a mere two posts.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,736,412 times
Quote:
You missed the point.
No. I made the point. You and your buddies didn't like it. Suck it up.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,246,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
George Washington is dead.

George Washington lived in a different age.

George Washington never saw a semi-automatic weapon.

George Washington never saw a 30 round magazine clip.

If gun owners all just carried around the weapons that George Washington carried, there would be no problem to address.
"When you start thinking it's time to bury your weapons, that's the time to dig them up!" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-30-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No. I made the point. You and your buddies didn't like it. Suck it up.
You didin't make any point. You gave a redundant opinion.

Sorry but you can't take away people's right to own fire arms.

Get over it.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Lol. Thanks for proving my point?
You had no point to begin with.

Quote:
Oh my...

...the subject is about the second amendment and self-defense from the government. Tom Brokkaw seems to think that the second amendment is not needed for that. Did you even bother reading the OP?
I read the OP, but apparently you did not. Why are the topics of humans being brought into this? The OP presented a quote from George Washington which is horribly outdated and is irrelevant - opinion OR philosophy. You reach, but you fall just short of understanding this.

Quote:
It's not an opinion if there's evidence to prove it.
Of which you have provided no evidence to substantiate your opinion. Are you sure you're talking to me here?

Quote:
In which case you've done multiple times in a mere two posts.
I have not and this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Stick to the topic of the thread please or stop posting.

Thanks!

Old 05-30-2013, 03:02 AM

Quote:
You didin't make any point. You gave a redundant opinion.

Sorry but you can't take away people's right to own fire arms.

Get over it.
Who said anything about taking rights away? That's not possible due to the Constitution.

Regulation is possible, but not taking it away. Why are you lashing out at us based solely on the fact that we don't agree with you?

Apparently, that's the only way you know how to cope with differing opinions. I feel sorry for you.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Who said anything about taking rights away? That's not possible due to the Constitution.

Regulation is possible, but not taking it away. Why are you lashing out at us based solely on the fact that we don't agree with you?

Apparently, that's the only way you know how to cope with differing opinions. I feel sorry for you.
Depends what kind of regulation? You failed to clarify on that, so there's no need to pity me for your own failures.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,096,970 times
That's why we're over in Syria arming rebels.....against a tyrannical government!

That's why we supported the Egyptians against a tyrannical government.

That's why we supported the Libyans against a tyrannical government.

But, nah, we don't need protection against our government.....they would never turn on us.

Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies