Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,147,032 times

Advertisements

It's still not liberalism. And logic is still absent from the argument that says that it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 09:33 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,134,199 times
It is called prevention, or at least it did.

And home-schooling isn't going to reduce early sexual involvement. It may be more hidden rather than protected by that little rubber glove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
It's still not liberalism. And logic is still absent from the argument that says that it is.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 AM

646 posts, read 1,788,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

And home-schooling isn't going to reduce early sexual involvement. It may be more hidden rather than protected by that little rubber glove.
No, we should just ignore it and pretend that it doesn't happen - if we don't know about it, it's like it's not happening at all and we can all be happy

Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,835,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

cmon otr, you mean to tell me you are onboard with a school giving birth control to an 11 year old? While I would argue that homeschooled kids are less sexually active , the point was it definately prevents some leftist teacher or school employee from usurping my parental authority and responsibility! If I had an 11 year old daughter and found out a school gave her birth control, you would be seeing my mug shot on the evening news!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 09:57 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,147,032 times
Quote:
cmon otr, you mean to tell me you are onboard with a school giving birth control to an 11 year old? While I would argue that homeschooled kids are less sexually active , the point was it definately prevents some leftist teacher or school employee from usurping my parental authority and responsibility! If I had an 11 year old daughter and found out a school gave her birth control, you would be seeing my mug shot on the evening news!!!

...and it's still not a liberal act that happened. Perhaps if you took off the blinders you would see that

Old 10-19-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
...and it's still not a liberal act that happened. Perhaps if you took off the blinders you would see that
ok joep, Ill play along, yes of course its liberalism ,uh, who is for this sort of thing liberals or conservatives? joycelyn elders or james dobson, You liberal or me conservative, what the h*ll is your point just look at the responses in this thread, you know who is who by now? blinders ?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:06 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,134,199 times
Silas, I believe the article posted said, "parental consent."

As a parent and now a grand, no I wouldn't want nor do I think my children would want someone to make a decision for them--school, etc...but with consent, some 11 year olds, do need birth control.

Let's face it, Silas, I grew up in NYC; I worked with inner-city kids. Do you think I have blinders on? I saw more kids having sexual problems; developing STIs, like the one boy whose case file I reviewed with HIV at age 11, active bisexual....so....so....

We live in different worlds. Now that I am in rural America, I'll see if things are extremely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post

Old 10-19-2007, 03:09 PM

989 posts, read 2,763,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
ok joep, Ill play along, yes of course its liberalism ,uh, who is for this sort of thing liberals or conservatives? joycelyn elders or james dobson, You liberal or me conservative, what the h*ll is your point just look at the responses in this thread, you know who is who by now? blinders ?
Wow Silas, quite the "body of work" for your posts this thread.

Ummm, simply screaming "LIBERAL-LIBERAL!!!" does nothing outside of right-wing world... real facts and evidence are needed (unless of course God just whispers the 'truth' into your ear). You have failed to even reference any liberal organization or leader's policy (let alone post a quote or a link) that even closely resembles what the school is proposing.

And BTW, Jocelyn Elders advocated masturbation not 11 y/o sex. I think that anyone who as difficulty seeing such a glaring distinction would probably be a very poor role model to "Home School" a child since they will be their only source of information.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:21 PM

932 posts, read 1,678,642 times
After reading this, I think that this is a right-wing issue....you know they would hate for an 11 year old to get an abortion...so why not put them on the pill to prevent such a despicable act!

On a more serious note, the birth control pill does not only prevent pregnancy...it reduces the menstral cycle days, the cramps and bloating associated with it and sometimes can help with acne. I know plenty of girls who were on birth control because they had violent cramps. My roomate whom is also my best friend used to fall out on the floor crying, wouldnt move because of the severity of her cramps. My cycle lasted for 7 WHOLE days HEAVY, to the point where I was anemic, and my doctor recommened birth control and now it is lighter, and last 4 days. They can be very helpful.

And men, you do not know how it feels to bleed for 7 days, feel like you wanna kick in a wall, yell at everyone who gets on your nerves and can't fit into your favorite jeans on certain days...its a horrible feeling and I got mine when I was 9.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Wow Silas, quite the "body of work" for your posts this thread.

Ummm, simply screaming "LIBERAL-LIBERAL!!!" does nothing outside of right-wing world... real facts and evidence are needed (unless of course God just whispers the 'truth' into your ear). You have failed to even reference any liberal organization or leader's policy (let alone post a quote or a link) that even closely resembles what the school is proposing.

And BTW, Jocelyn Elders advocated masturbation not 11 y/o sex. I think that anyone who as difficulty seeing such a glaring distinction would probably be a very poor role model to "Home School" a child since they will be their only source of information.
Why is it that liberals are ashamed of being liberal and conservatives are proud to be conservative? How many times do you need the same link provided? I didnt start this thread. As for homeschooling, not that it matters, but my homeschooled 8th grader is currently doing the work with honors of a sophmore in highschool and studying for precollege testing, taking classical guitar, latin and structural engineering, talking to recruiters about what he could be doing now to prepare for the airforce academy all while he takes care of 4 horses 2 dogs,all his chores and still has time to kick ass on first string offense and defense on the football field! But you are right if he was in public school he would surely be much better at MASTURBATION!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies