Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 12:13 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,578,050 times

Advertisements

So glad my kids dont go there

pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=140910&ac=PHnws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 12:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post

Personally, I'm trying to figure out why a school has a "health center" to begin with, what, the nurses office didnt hold enough responsibilities to justify extra tax revenues?

Old 10-19-2007, 01:48 AM

989 posts, read 2,762,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post

That has nothing to do with liberalism... it is just plain stupidity!!!

Birth control on an 11 year old? Any school with a councilor even halfway competent will tell you that sexual activity in a child that young generally indicates sexual abuse or severe parental neglect (and BTW, the liberals are the ones who wanted them in the schools).

Plus, unlike condoms, "the pill" is actually a prescription medication (which can have rare but severe side effects). Even if this was high-school I think I'd be wrong (did I miss something or have condoms stopped working for some unexplained reason?) The pill is also a dumb idea since it does nothing for diseases and they are probably a bigger risk than pregnancy.

I don't think we'll all agree about at what age the line should be drawn on sexual activity, but Jesus F@#'ing Christ, 11?!!!! Name me ONE well known Liberal not currently confined to a mental institution who is in favor of that (or at least prove how this stupid nurse is a liberal and not just an idiot).... and all this behind the parent's back no less!

Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,719 times
Parents can opt in for their child to have access to the health center but no where on the paperwork does it tell parents that part of that will be to give birth control medications to children as young as 11, without parental consent or notification.

Children are being sexualized younger and younger. Considering how many teachers have been busted lately having sex with students this will make it much more convenient to have sex with a child without the risk of pregnancy. I think there is a growing predatory movement towards children.

Some of the things children have been exposed to in some schools by "educators" is beyond belief. Parents need to wake up.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:15 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,069,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
(did I miss something or have condoms stopped working for some unexplained reason?)
Condoms won't stay on an 11 year old boy.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:27 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
Taking a different view here:

- it is well documented that adolescents are having sex earlier. Adolescents as young as 10, 11 and 12 are more commonly experimenting with sex, and few have access to sex education--hence the increase in STIs, and early pregnancy is rising.

- HIV cases have been reported in 11 year olds.

- contraception is a means of prevention and should be viewed as a help-mate rather than an intrusion (see the thread on abortion).

- health clinics in schools are often an extension of a health care facility, and provide services to middle and high schools at no additional cost to the tax-payer. The clinics are run by professional personnel from the medical centre, university or hospital that officiates the programs.

- having health clinics in schools has reduced many health concerns in various communities and has provided needed emergency care and/or short term care for in-school adolescents.

- many health care programs in schools also offer training programs for the student body; students who are then prepared to provide additive information to their peers. Peer training on all levels, adolescent or adult, has proven more successful than programs that do not share commonality of age, gender and culture.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
That has nothing to do with liberalism... it is just plain stupidity!!!

Birth control on an 11 year old? Any school with a councilor even halfway competent will tell you that sexual activity in a child that young generally indicates sexual abuse or severe parental neglect (and BTW, the liberals are the ones who wanted them in the schools).

Plus, unlike condoms, "the pill" is actually a prescription medication (which can have rare but severe side effects). Even if this was high-school I think I'd be wrong (did I miss something or have condoms stopped working for some unexplained reason?) The pill is also a dumb idea since it does nothing for diseases and they are probably a bigger risk than pregnancy.

I don't think we'll all agree about at what age the line should be drawn on sexual activity, but Jesus F@#'ing Christ, 11?!!!! Name me ONE well known Liberal not currently confined to a mental institution who is in favor of that (or at least prove how this stupid nurse is a liberal and not just an idiot).... and all this behind the parent's back no less!
No, its definately Liberalism and yes its stupidity! Yet another reason for homeschooling!

Old 10-19-2007, 09:26 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,142,497 times
That's not liberalism.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:28 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
No, its definately Liberalism and yes its stupidity! Yet another reason for homeschooling!
It is the defintion of liberalism in action! Liberalism at its worst! Liberalism taken to its furthest ugly limits.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,736 times
Would that make the banning of the teaching of evolution in schools "conservatism at its worst?"

Or maybe you'd consider that to be conservatism at it's "best," I don't know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies