Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
If the mother is not married and names a potential daddy it should be up to her to pay for the paternity test. Other than we're good.
I think the men or the woman should pay -- the men just thought they were getting all that free sex so surprise surprise, she lies and isn't on birth control and he was an idiot to believe a woman who so readily jumps in the sack. A fool and his money are easily parted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
They need to support their children. Too much is put on the other parent otherwsie for support.
Biological parents should be able to support their children without the government telling them.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
If the mother is not married and names a potential daddy it should be up to her to pay for the paternity test. Other than we're good.
It isn't the mother. It is the welfare office forcing her to name someone or not get AFDC.
It isn't her doing it just for fun of it. In any case the tax payer pays for the test as well.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
No, I don't.

But, if the man has doubts, he can surrepticiously have a DNA test done.........THEN file and go to court and demand a court sanctioned DNA test to prove he is not the father.
All of that should be done within the first year, otherwise DNA test doesn't matter, man will be paying one way or another, which is absolutely outrageous.

But what happen during that first year? "Pooky, do you love me? I love you so much sugar tush. How you could be so uncaring to doubt that you are the father of this sweet baby boy? Sorry, doll." On the second, third, fourth year of a marriage things are getting sour, a pooky gets suspicious and order a DNA test just to discover that he wasted $, he's hooked for child support regardless of DNA test results. He's a legal father.

Women and repressed males in this thread avoid answering a simple question. Why women are allowed to commit legal fraud and robbery in the country where a black male (most of the times) can get life term for stealing $5 worth of junk food?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
All of that should be done within the first year, otherwise DNA test doesn't matter, man will be paying one way or another, which is absolutely outrageous.

But what happen during that first year? "Pooky, do you love me? I love you so much sugar tush. How you could be so uncaring to doubt that you are the father of this sweet baby boy? Sorry, doll." On the second, third, fourth year of a marriage things are getting sour, a pooky gets suspicious and order a DNA test just to discover that he wasted $, he's hooked for child support regardless of DNA test results. He's a legal father.

Women and repressed males in this thread avoid answering a simple question. Why women are allowed to commit legal fraud and robbery in the country where a black male (most of the times) can get life term for stealing $5 worth of junk food?
Many laws have a statute of limitations.....why should challenging paternity be any different? If you wait too long.....you lose.

Life isn't fair. Most of the time the mother is the only parent who will care for the child. Throwing dishonest mothers in jail and leaving a child without a parent who will care for it does not help society. The laws are not written with the intent of allowing women to get away with something, they are written to provide for the welfare of the child.

In family law, is IS all about the children. Society has decided that the child's welfare comes first. Good luck trying to change it.

BTW.....if you want to really get into it.....most of these laws have been written soley by men. Men who decided the lives of the children involved should be front and foremost.

In this day and age, it is easy enough for men to surreptitiously have a paternity test done.....without telling anyone. They should take advantage of it if this is something they worry about.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:

Because we live in a society that is run by males (predominantly white) who have self-hatred or male guilt trying to appease females. Females are laughing at males mistreating and dividing themselves.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Many laws have a statute of limitations.....why should challenging paternity be any different? If you wait too long.....you lose.

Life isn't fair. Most of the time the mother is the only parent who will care for the child. Throwing dishonest mothers in jail and leaving a child without a parent who will care for it does not help society. The laws are not written with the intent of allowing women to get away with something, they are written to provide for the welfare of the child.

In family law, is IS all about the children. Society has decided that the child's welfare comes first. Good luck trying to change it.

BTW.....if you want to really get into it.....most of these laws have been written soley by men. Men who decided the lives of the children involved should be front and foremost.

In this day and age, it is easy enough for men to surreptitiously have a paternity test done.....without telling anyone. They should take advantage of it if this is something they worry about.
I'm all for throwing dishonest mothers who commit paternity fraud in jail. The kids can live with the relatives, people that actually care. It would certainly get more females to think before they act.

In family law, it's all about the money. They don't care about kids.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:

Because cheating on a spouse is not illegal. I'm not sure what the punishment should be for paternity fraud - but I'm not sure I really want the government getting involved in our personal relationships. If the biological father knew about the paternity fraud but kept his mouth shut while another man raised the children - should he be culpable, too? Are we also going to start punishing adultery? It just seems like a slippery slope to me. Paternity tests are available to all who want them. You don't need the mother's permission (at least I don't think you do since her DNA is irrelevant) so if you have any doubts - you can find out on your own.

I'm not condoning this behavior or even saying that there shouldn't be any repercussions for it - I'm just not sure what the answer is. I certainly don't want to regress to a point where adulterers get stoned in public. There should be some sort of legal recourse - but I don't think that jail time is the answer.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 PM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Paternity tests are available to all who want them. You don't need the mother's permission (at least I don't think you do since her DNA is irrelevant) so if you have any doubts - you can find out on your own.
That is assuming you have access to the child. You may not if you are serving overseas in the military.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,420 times
Default I have a suggestion

Quote:
1.6 million men are enslaved today by the courts to pay for other men's children (90,000 men per year for 18 years).

1.6M Men Pay Child Support For Kids That Aren't Theirs (DNA)
There are these new things that are being used. I don't know if anyone is familiar with them. They're called condoms. Here's how you use them: you grab the little packet, open it up, and slide it on the offending instrument before shooting the little critters that create a life. When you're through, you remove the condom and dispose of it. In fact, if you like collecting them, you can take it home with you and store it in the fridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies