Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:18 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,173,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Eh? These men didn't father these children.
You are right, but they chose to have sex with someone who had enough partners they don't know who it was..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 02:25 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,463,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
1.6 million men are enslaved today by the courts to pay for other men's children (90,000 men per year for 18 years).

1.6M Men Pay Child Support For Kids That Aren't Theirs (DNA)
And many more are not! Hence welfare baby mommies claim they do not who know the baby daddy is. So as to protect the baby daddy from having to pay for their kid. Yes there are those few who do not know but I think most have a pretty good idea.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,067,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We do use DNA testing to prove paternity - happens every day in family court.
The conversation was pertaining to mandatory paternity testing at birth.....for every single baby....just because of the off chance that the mother is lying about who the father is.

My point?

Who is going to pay for it?

Why should insurance pay for a test that is not medically necessary?

If the named daddy wants a paternity test, he is more than capable of getting one on his own.....and the mother would not even know about it.

At that point, paternity testing is a personal problem, not a government/court problem.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,065,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The conversation was pertaining to mandatory paternity testing at birth.....for every single baby....just because of the off chance that the mother is lying about who the father is.

My point?

If the named daddy wants a paternity test, he is more than capable of getting one on his own.....and the mother would not even know about it.

At that point, paternity testing is a personal problem, not a government/court problem.
If the mother is not married and names a potential daddy it should be up to her to pay for the paternity test. Other than we're good.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,463,383 times
Quote:

My point?

If they are on welfare then it would be good as there are some men who have numerous babies with different moms all on welfare
The other is for child support when the mom is not on welfare so they can make him pay for the child

Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,933,857 times
They need to support their children. Too much is put on the other parent otherwsie for support.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If they are on welfare then it would be good as there are some men who have numerous babies with different moms all on welfare
The other is for child support when the mom is not on welfare so they can make him pay for the child
I agree about those on welfare......but......it wouldn't do any good unless there was a national database with all men's DNA on file.....so we could go after the baby daddy for support. That is all good from a taxpayer's point of view. However, if you are a man who does the right thing and supports your children, why should you have to give up your DNA to the government?

This is all boiling down to how much government interference we want in our personal lives.

If we want mandatory paternity testing, we need mandatory male DNA on file to make it all worth while.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times
Quote:
Hell, if we are going to go that far {especially if those DNA tests are covered by insurance}.....why not require all males to have their DNA in a national data base so the real father can be held responsible?

If we are going to require mandatory DNA testing to possibly exclude paternity.....then we should also use it to prove paternity.

I would prefer to leave it up to the man......he can surreptitiously get a DNA test done at his own expense......or live with the consequences.....his choice.
No, the falsely named father can't 'surreptitiously' get a dna test. You think a court or LEA will accept test results without knowing the dna is actually from the man and the woman's child ?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM

88,661 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Oh please. Most child support is spent on the mother herself and her new boyfriend/husband. It doesn't go the kids period.
I don't doubt that it happens SOMETIMES, but I doubt that it's "most". I wouldn't know, since my ex just decided he wasn't gonna pay any--or work for that matter--and that was that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And your ignorance of child support laws across the country is astounding and very evident. MANY states suspend the drivers license of persons who are not paying child support, in an effort to get them to pay.
How in the name of god would I know child support laws "across the country"? I simply asked a question, but I see you're one of those posters who just gets a big kick out of being snarly and nasty on the Internet. Hope ya got your jollies, big boy. I don't get that goofy game, but some of you who do this really seem to get off on it. Weird.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
No, the falsely named father can't 'surreptitiously' get a dna test. You think a court or LEA will accept test results without knowing the dna is actually from the man and the woman's child ?
No, I don't.

But, if the man has doubts, he can surrepticiously have a DNA test done.........THEN file and go to court and demand a court sanctioned DNA test to prove he is not the father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies