Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I believe that even woman study departments don't argue the numbers of paternity frauds. 20-30% of the males are raising other man' kids (thinking they are theirs), it is a solid scientific consensus. The point is - women are rewarded big for lies and cheating, this encourages cheating and lies. All a woman has to do to serve a notice to a motel room she slept with a guy, wait for a year and collect for the next 18 years.
There are not accurate statistics for this - and the 20-30% that you are talking about is from the people that request a paternity test. That is quite different from the population at large. This is basically talking about men that are requesting a paternity test because they believe they might not be the father, and 20-30% of the time they are correct. So, out of 10 men who believe strongly enough that they are not the father to get a paternity test - 2 or 3 of them are correct. 7 or 8 of them are wrong. You cannot take this statistic and apply it to the rest of the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 06:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,417,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Wrong !!!!

These women should be sued ( in some cases) for fraud.
If you LIED and obtained things ( money and/or support) under FALSE pretenses then THEY should be held legally liable.
dear god!

Old 01-19-2013, 06:41 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,274,207 times
Quote:
Wrong !!!!

If you LIED and obtained things ( money and/or support) under FALSE pretenses then THEY should be held legally liable.
Yea, more courts and lawsuits. That will help everything.

There has always been, since the beginning of time, children born to women who were raised by men that were not the biological father. Sometimes the man knows this, sometimes he doesn't, sometimes the woman doesn't even know, but we have decided that "within a marriage" children will be considered the legal children of the husband. The time to question is when the woman is pregnant and right after birth. It's there, anyone can question it, anyone can ask for paternity testing. The problem comes when you raise a child for x-number of years and then you split from the mom, we don't make it easy to slip in and out of the LEGAL FATHER role. Nor should it be an easy thing to do. Fatherhood is defined as more than who put sperm in a vagina.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,875,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
It's not that simple. You suggest that a percentage of men pay child support for kids that aren't theirs. I don't doubt that they do. I suggest that there's a far higher percentage of men who are most DEFINITELY the fathers of children they don't pay one thin, red nickel to support.

Who do we care more about? Kids or adults?
The responsibility belongs to the PARENTS that conceived that child and/or those that a step parent LEGALLY and KNOWINGLY accepted responsibility for.

If you have a problem wth dead beat dads that fathered these children then I agree that they should be held accountable.

If these children were conceived by another man AND their mothers lied to the unknowing partners , then it's the sole responsibility of their mothers to deal with this.

Why stop here ??? Maybe someone can lie to whomever and stick them with the costs.

These women chose to gamble at life and it's their problem. If anyone feels sorry for the kids they can always step up and pay for them by sending a check or cash.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,195,599 times
Quote:
Wrong !!!!

I doubt many deliberately sought to lie, for many it was probably wishful thinking and they chose the guy they wanted to be the father.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 PM

8,637 posts, read 9,154,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
2007 is when they broke up,his daughter was 9 months old then. She went after him for child support in 2009 and he was told the child support court doesn't deal with visitation. He was just at court in October I went with him,they REFUSED to tell him who to talk to,to get visitation.All I can find online is he has to get verified as the father since him and the mother were never married but they have taken his license which he should be getting back fairly soon,they keep raising his child support rate,and saying if he doesn't agree they won't give him his license back and then he goes to get his DL and they won't release it..its a racket....His little girl will be 6 in April and last time any of us saw her was February of 2011 so almost 2 years now. I am friends with the mother on FB but she won't even talk to me about letting me see her or my parents....its just baffling.
Its pretty scammy for sure. A good friend of mine's wife left him with two young sons. The court ordered her to pay child support (she receives a trust fund). The ex-wife moved out of state, made some child support payments, went to her new state court and told them her husband owes child support in which the court awarded her instead. That state intercepted his tax returns, threatened to have him locked up, literally went after him. He actually had to jump through hoops to prove to this state that it was he who is to receive child support not her. They refunded his tax check with no apology. However, what gets me is nothing was done to the ex-wife at all, no fine, penalty, absolutely nothing for doing what she did. That kind of behavior should not have been tolerated.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
It's not that simple. You suggest that a percentage of men pay child support for kids that aren't theirs. I don't doubt that they do. I suggest that there's a far higher percentage of men who are most DEFINITELY the fathers of children they don't pay one thin, red nickel to support.

Who do we care more about? Kids or adults?
Apparently you care more for lying mothers , who are at fault for this. Kids have always suffered for the mistakes of their parent(s).

What next pass legislation for others to pay for the kids of derelict gamblers, alcoholics or drug addicts ?

No one should be forced to pay for someone else's responsibility, we are already doing this with welfare, section 8 and food stamps, let these women sign up or get a job to deal with their poor decisions in life.

Either that or force their REAL dads to.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 PM

20,130 posts, read 16,195,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There has always been, since the beginning of time, children born to women who were raised by men that were not the biological father. Sometimes the man knows this, sometimes he doesn't, sometimes the woman doesn't even know, but we have decided that "within a marriage" children will be considered the legal children of the husband. The time to question is when the woman is pregnant and right after birth. It's there, anyone can question it, anyone can ask for paternity testing. The problem comes when you raise a child for x-number of years and then you split from the mom, we don't make it easy to slip in and out of the LEGAL FATHER role. Nor should it be an easy thing to do. Fatherhood is defined as more than who put sperm in a vagina.
Indeed. There have been many famous cases of this. Which man do you think is Prince Harry's father?

Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I doubt many deliberately sought to lie, for many it was probably wishful thinking and they chose the guy they wanted to be the father.
It's still lying no matter how you spin it.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
this is truly shameless. that is the first strike. clearly the sin of their tormentors.
the 2nd strike is clearly their sin, for them to go out and do it again.
guys dont marry-- stay a handsome prince forever.
marry and in a few years u turn into a frog and shortly after, a destitute hungry divorced ex husband.
i marvel, every time i read the posts about frustrated women wondering why no eligible willing men. 42 million plus divorces- mostly filed by women since 1975 no fault divorce.
women have evolved or at least have stopped being gullible. this is good. now men need to evolve as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies