Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Blood money for what? What does dodging the draft have to do with his rhetoric for Bush? Raising money for fallen solders is the lesat he can do because? What makes it HIS responsibility to raise funds? What makes you think he couldnt sleep at night? He did nothing to cause those people to die..

This shows one simple fact.. Let a conservative raise funds to benefit the less fortunate and somoene will always turn it around that he's doing it because he cant sleep, because he has something to guilty for, he cant possibly be doing it because he believes in helping those less fortunate...

You just cant please some people, and the more Rush raised, the more he'll be criticized for helping I guess. I'm still waiting for a check from the 41 Democrats to arrive so their conscious can be cleared for voting for the war!

Dude is a chicken-hawk. Talks tough about the war, hides when he has the opportunity to physically take action and put his own butt on the line. If he really gave a toot about the kiddies he would have done this before he stuck his big foot in his big mouth and insulted the troops. I get damage control, though. Obviously it is at least keeping his base marching in step behind him. Keep on marching!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:05 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
If the OP is wrong, and I don't know that one way or another, can you be more specific. Comments like this aren't helpful to the discussion.

MYOB......MYOB......MYOB.......

Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
MYOB......MYOB......MYOB.......
Wow.. you are GREAT at proving your point..

Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Want to bet that some Limbaugh supporter with lots of money (say one of Bush's war profiteers) will reimburse Rush under the table after all the fuss is over. No way that R L is going to part with ANY of his own cash on this deal. That is just not in the man’s lack of character.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Dude is a chicken-hawk. Talks tough about the war, hides when he has the opportunity to physically take action and put his own butt on the line. If he really gave a toot about the kiddies he would have done this before he stuck his big foot in his big mouth and insulted the troops. I get damage control, though. Obviously it is at least keeping his base marching in step behind him. Keep on marching!
I noticed in all that name calling and babble that you havent answered one question I asked. Please refrain from the standard left wing name calling and attack protocol and try to actually discuss facts..

Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 PM

223 posts, read 604,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm sorry but what part of raising $4M + for children is puke? I thought the right wing was anti children but you seem to be far left and hate supporting children..

Please sight several lies by Rush... Just a couple.. he's been on the air for years.. 4 or 5 lies should be easy for you to come up with..
Its puke to see all of you kissing this blowhard's now that he is doing damage control. I am not far left, and I do support children's right to universal healthcare...nice try at spinning though "dittohead"... but I am sick of people like Rush getting away with smear when if the other side says something similar these chicken**its would be all over them.

Oh, and if I wasn't at work - I could definitely "sight" some Limbaugh lies and deception that he has spewn over the years.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Want to bet that some Limbaugh supporter with lots of money (say one of Bush's war profiteers) will reimburse Rush under the table after all the fuss is over. No way that R L is going to part with ANY of his own cash on this deal. That is just not in the man’s lack of character.
Please tell me why any right winger would donate $2M to Rush? Arent all right wingers anti children?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:28 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
First of all, that is a very imaginative stretch with nothing more than dislike for Limbaugh that would produce such a thought.

Second of all, wouldn't matter one bit, other than it would prove that yet another child hating right winger was willing to part with money that would benefit children.

Either way, $4million+ went to a charity that helps children, and Rush Limbaugh was the one who came up with it and promoted it repeatedly on his program.

Its amazing how much some people are determined to pin this guy down as the most evil person ever to speak on radio. I don't like the guy myself, but when he does something right for a change it seems odd that some people couldn't at least be glad he did something good.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:08 PM

223 posts, read 604,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
First of all, that is a very imaginative stretch with nothing more than dislike for Limbaugh that would produce such a thought.

Second of all, wouldn't matter one bit, other than it would prove that yet another child hating right winger was willing to part with money that would benefit children.

Either way, $4million+ went to a charity that helps children, and Rush Limbaugh was the one who came up with it and promoted it repeatedly on his program.

Its amazing how much some people are determined to pin this guy down as the most evil person ever to speak on radio. I don't like the guy myself, but when he does something right for a change it seems odd that some people couldn't at least be glad he did something good.
What do you mean its pretty odd?...Its pretty much the same mindset of the right when Bill Clinton for example teams up with Bush Sr of all people to promote Hurrcane or Tsunami relief...those who hate him regardless still rant about how he got a BJ in the oval office...in the minds of those on both sides, the person in question has done so much wrong that one simple gesture is relaly a moot point - but IMO especially when its so OBVIOUSLY damage control in Rush's case.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
What do you mean its pretty odd?...Its pretty much the same mindset of the right when Bill Clinton for example teams up with Bush Sr of all people to promote Hurrcane or Tsunami relief...those who hate him regardless still rant about how he got a BJ in the oval office...in the minds of those on both sides, the person in question has done so much wrong that one simple gesture is relaly a moot point - but IMO especially when its so OBVIOUSLY damage control in Rush's case.
I again ask then, and this time directed towards you, since your accusing him of doing "so much wrong".. What exactly has Limbaugh done that was anti children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies