Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Guns saved all these people.......

Don't you fell ignorant now....

gun control loons dont like to talk about how many people have been saved by firearms. it throws them off course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 12:29 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013
You think this news report is bogus?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
No idea at this time, but timing is always a consideration.
Wow. Do you think 9/11 and the the moon missions also faked?

Old 01-20-2013, 12:31 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I live in the safest city in the USA, and just about everyone has guns. Guns are legal here, shooting people trying to break into your house is legal, and you don't even have to drag the corpse into the house.
Would you mind giving the name of the city, so I can look up the stats for my self? Because, I don't believe you.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well why don't we put a few more gun laws, like the dozens of recommendations by the White House into effect and see? What's the harm of that? Wouldn't that be better than doing nothing ----otherwise known as business as usual ---- and let this senseless violence continue?

ok mint, let me ask you this.

lets say all these are put into place and every law abiding citizen follows through with registration and the like.

if any mass gun murders took place after that, would you then admit that you are wrong and that less gun control might be a better thing to do than restrict, register, confiscate firearms?

Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Then you should be sick every single day, about 16 times a day then....because of all the killing that happens each and every day. So, don't sit there and play your fake outrage, because of this. If the Chicago news would post it's daily killing, you'd be sick every single day of the year, sometimes multiple times a day.....
All this killing from guns? Seems like we have gun killing problem.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:33 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,123 times
10 rounds a second? ROFLMAO! Can you pull your index finger 10 times a second??? You and people that are as ignorant have ZERO credibility when discussing firearms! You should realize that. Firearms don't just fire by themselves! How many firearms DIDN'T kill somebody today? And nothing that your President proposes or has plans to implement would have prevented this or any other crime! You and people like you only want to do things that would affect law-abiding people! Your arguments are laughable BS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
What if, what if, what if?

Nevertheless he didn't kill 5 people in quick succession with a bat, or a knife, because it would have been far more difficult to do so. He did it with a gun that can shoot 10 rounds a second (or something like that.) So don't tell me that a gun isn't part of the problem here.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:33 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,227,406 times
Good facts...we have a severe social problem going on here. Let's cut the the fat pensions of the cop's (because of their dangerous occupation, 40 something killed a year is not that dangerous IMO) and take that money and address the real issues..social issues and a direct result of changes made years ago.
I'm a realist and know that will never happen, bangers killing each in Chicago (another social problem) teenagers killing each other..anyone else see a common thread here..

People are going to die in any civilized society, there is no utopia and never will be.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Because you are a Lemur, and follow what the left says, does not mean it is going to work......Last time I checked the criminal does not care about the law.....fake outrage again....
By this logic, we should have absolutely no laws at all, just "suggestions."

Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I would have set the number at even higher than that.
Well, you have to read to the end of the story.

"At the end of the day, I want to make it very clear that the NRA is in absolutely no rush to change anything," LaPierre later said in a written statement. "One thousand dead kids would have very little impact on us. Now if 50,000 kids died in a school shooting that might be a different story. Something around 50,000 to 80,000 dead kids. You know what, forget that. Maybe something closer to 250,000. Yeah, 250,000 dead kids."

Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,123 times
We don't need laws that only affect law-abiding citizens and that will do nothing to reduce crime. Some of you are so dense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
By this logic, we should have absolutely no laws at all, just "suggestions."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies