Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,342,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
This was not a political campaign. It was a mass murder. You, as a member of the public, don't have a right to all the details of a mass murder that is still being investigated. The police have a right to withhold information while they are still investigating.
^^This.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM

266 posts, read 410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It doesn't "check out" at all ... in fact, it's one of the most glaring examples of a purely fabricated story. I've watched the various interviews of this guy, including a compilation of all of them, and he contradicts himself about some pretty basic facts .... the bus driver was a woman, and then a man. He tells of looking at the victim list of names two days before that list was released. His fake crying and melodrama does not even approach credibility .... the guy is as phony as a three dollar bill ... 100% unbelievable.
So what exactly happened? The children who were supposedly dead are alive and living under a different alias for the rest of their lives? Or they never existed? It would take a simple yearbook check to find out if they existed or not. There are certain events that take place where there could be a credible conspiracy but this is not one of them. It is 100% impossible to get away with a hoax this big. Maybe there is certain information that they messed up on but 27 people ARE dead. If Nancy Lanza wasn't dead don't you think we would of found out by now when someone saw her? Or if she never existed don't you think we would find out by now when no one had ever seen her or heard of her before? Contrary to what you said there are plenty of people who "knew" her. What about that barber who cut Adam Lanza's hair? Is he in on it too? There are inconsistencies in every event that happens. People see different things. Every car crash that happens I'm sure you could get different accounts of what happened or whose at fault. That doesn't mean it didn't happen though. I don't see anything that the government had to gain by lieing about the facts of this case. Yes, even the gun.

It's funny that some people on here are complaining that they didn't get all of the facts. Do you really think your entitled to know everything? Free press means they can report it if they want it doesn't mean they have to report everything. The police are more concerned with helping the families then getting the information out. If someone killed your child or spouse or sibling the last thing you would care about is making sure the rest of world knows exactly what type of gun they were shot with. Conspiracy theorists are hilarious. Rarely do they have an alternate scenario of what happened it's always just claiming something didn't happen because there are a few inconsistent pieces of information.

Have you ever been in a situation where 20 innocent children and 7 innocent adult were gunned down? I doubt it. Most of the inconsistencies came out in the first day, a time that was the most frantic day in every persons life that was there on the scene. Actually the fact that they originally got the perpetrator wrong (Lanza's brother) actually is more proof that this was real. If this was a hoax the name of the perpetrator would of been concrete from the beginning as it would of been the first and most important peice of information that the government "made up".

Last edited by eagles123; 01-22-2013 at 03:12 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
GuyNTexas, have you made any attempts to contact the various reporters who gave news reports regarding this incident and asked them any questions? Also, have you investigated who was sponsoring the "live exercise drill" or discovered if these exercises are routine and scheduled well in advance? You know that just by getting some names that gives you a lot to go on as you uncover other connections in this case to those names.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about how to investigate, so have you done any investigation beyond what you have read or seen about this incident on the Internet or TV?
No, I have not, nor have I any intentions to do so. Why should any of them grant me special audience, and why would I expect them to? And, frankly, if someone were to engage in an independent investigation that might produce meaningful results, that would require significant funding. If your question suggests that you might be willing to fund such a task, I might be willing to undertake it.

The other issue that begs the question, why would I expect an honest answer from media types who would make statements like one reporter who said "It's not uncommon in events like this for eyewitnesses to provide inaccurate information" when posed with the question of why official reports were not consistent with witness reports. This statement might be easily rephrased to say .. who you gonna believe ... professionals, or the laymen. Well, to me it's a no brainer .... and for longer than can be determined, investigators focus intently on eyewitness accounts to piece together crimes ... except today, where they seem to have the crime totally figured out right from the beginning, in spite of what witnesses actually saw.

And this is really the crux of the problem .. we don't have true news journalists, or news sources anymore. We have sanitized information outlets that distribute "official narratives", posing as news journalism, otherwise, the reporters wouldn't tolerate this type of nonsense demonstrated by authorities in ignoring extremely relevant issues like the convicted felon who owned the car which was alleged to be Lanza's ... or the presence of an accomplice or two ... or the claims of that school employee who went on about how well she new the shooter's mother and how wonderful a teacher she was, and all of the other rash of inconsistencies that simply don't add up.

This doesn't require Sherlock Holmes, just a measure of integrity that is obviously nowhere to be found in Newtown.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
So what exactly happened? The children who were supposedly dead are alive and living under a different alias for the rest of their lives? Or they never existed? It would take a simple yearbook check to find out if they existed or not. There are certain events that take place where there could be a credible conspiracy but this is not one of them. It is 100% impossible to get away with a hoax this big. Maybe there is certain information that they messed up on but 27 people ARE dead. If Nancy Lanza wasn't dead don't you think we would of found out by now when someone saw her? Or if she never existed don't you think we would find out by now when no one had ever seen her or heard of her before? Contrary to what you said there are plenty of people who "knew" her. What about that barber who cut Adam Lanza's hair? Is he in on it too? There are inconsistencies in every event that happens. People see different things. Every car crash that happens I'm sure you could get different accounts of what happened or whose at fault. That doesn't mean it didn't happen though. I don't see anything that the government had to gain by lieing about the facts of this case. Yes, even the gun.

It's funny that some people on here are complaining that they didn't get all of the facts. Do you really think your entitled to know everything? Free press means they can report it if they want it doesn't mean they have to report everything. The police are more concerned with helping the families then getting the information out. If someone killed your child or spouse or sibling the last thing you would care about is making sure the rest of world knows exactly what type of gun they were shot with. Conspiracy theorists are hilarious. Rarely do they have an alternate scenario of what happened it's always just claiming something didn't happen because there are a few inconsistent pieces of information.

Have you ever been in a situation where innocent 20 children and innocent 7 adult were gunned down? I doubt it. Most of the inconsistencies came out in the first day, a time that was the most frantic day in every persons life that was there on the scene. Actually the fact that they originally got the perpetrator wrong (Lanza's brother) actually is more proof that this was real. If this was a hoax the name of the perpetrator would of been concrete from the beginning as it would of been the first and most important peice of information that the government "made up".
Your damn right we're entitled to know everything when our government is using this situation to infringe on our rights granted in the Constitution.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
It's amazing how hateful some people get when some of us dare question what we've seen in the news. Yikes!!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your damn right we're entitled to know everything when our government is using this situation to infringe on our rights granted in the Constitution.
And how have any of your rights been infringed on since Sandy Hook? Do tell us everything that happened.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Yeah the 911 report sure cleared everything up too.
You're just a font of conspiracy theories aren't you?

Old 01-22-2013, 03:00 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You're just a font of conspiracy theories aren't you?
Maybe he's a flount of conspiracy theories.

Or, a fountain of couth.

Something!

He could be searching for that elusive fountain of truth.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
And how have any of your rights been infringed on since Sandy Hook? Do tell us everything that happened.
My question also. Looking forward to the answer...

Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think about the relentless media coverage of the tragedy in Columbine - the photos of distraught parents, bloody children climbing out of windows, interviews with staff, and students recalling in horrific detail the events of that morning. The aerial shots as the events went down, the videos from inside the school, interviews with family after family after family.

In this digital age, I find it simply amazing that there aren't more photos of groups of students and parents, crowds of people assembling, during the events of that morning.

Anyone else find that odd? And please don't say that our media has developed a sensitivity to the feelings of others. If so, I'd say it was sudden and in complete unison - which is pretty unbelievable.
Do you believe it is a big lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies