Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Protect and defend the Constitution?

What a friggin' laugh!

Just WHERE does the document you allege gthey are protecting and defending name them as the arbiters of just WHAT is Constitutional?

Shall not be infringed upon, is very powerful language.
Remember, freedom is not free, even here on our soil.

Restrict my freedom and then tell me you will harm me for refusing your control and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, how we all forget Ruby Ridge and Waco.
Not forgotten.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:

Restrict my freedom and then tell me you will harm me for refusing your control and see what happens.
Once again: Just WHERE does the document you allege gthey are protecting and defending name them as the arbiters of just WHAT is Constitutional?

Just in case you're remarkably ignorant of the FACT, the Constitution provides for the determination of just WHAT is Constitutional.

HINT: It DOES NOT mention the Utah Sherrif's Association .

Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:

We also have Police Power in this country where the authorities can take away your rights in the case of emergency for the protection of the public.

Police power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-22-2013, 07:56 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:

Just in case you're remarkably ignorant of the FACT, the Constitution provides for the determination of just WHAT is Constitutional.

It's right between the separation of church and state clause and the right of same sex marriage.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. It's just sad that people think it's that easy to circumvent the constitution.

America is becoming more ignorant by the minute.
Circumvent the constitution? First off what is being suggested that circumvents the constititution? Nothing. Ok based on the proposals they want to re apply a ban that existed as the law for 12years so that doesn't violate the constitution.

You are the ignorant one.

These gun nuts are insane and violent and would be traitors.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Once again: Just WHERE does the document you allege gthey are protecting and defending name them as the arbiters of just WHAT is Constitutional?

They are individuals with common values. Let's just say, they are not alone.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's right between the separation of church and state clause and the right of same sex marriage.
In other words, your alleged belief in the Constitution begins and ends with only the parts you agree with, which is to say you don't believe in it at all, eh?

Besides, if you actually believed in "bear arms" and "not be infringed", you and the NRA would be out there fighting for the right of citizens to own missiles, bazookas, RPGs, et al.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 AM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
I find it amusing that we have at least one guy that argues in other threads about how LEOs should be able to have "assault weapons" but not citizens, etc., putting LEOs on a pedestal, but in this thread, those same LEOs are crazy gun nuts that should be ignored or called traitors.

So freaking hypocritical.

Guys, pick a position and stick with it. Be honest about your intentions, and stand by your position. Quit being so damn wishy-washy.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
They are individuals with common values. Let's just say, they are not alone.
How about telling the truth instead and saying they're a bunch of self-Righteous bozos who claim to protect and defend a document they are perfectly willing to crap on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies