Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:42 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times

Advertisements

I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 AM

691 posts, read 771,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.

Mitt Romney is QUALIFIED to advance such policies. Barack Hussein is an unqualifed book worm with no training or experience.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Divide and Conquer my friend.
Obama is just a figure head anyhow.
Obama does not write these policies.

It is the same policy makers running the show regardless of who is president and they do not subscribe to any partisanship. They are all on the same page when it comes to exercising power over the people and taking their wealth. The only difference between some is how to go about doing it.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Mitt Romney is QUALIFIED to advance such policies. Barack Hussein is an unqualifed book worm with no training or experience.
Uh.....you do know, don't you, that Barack Hussein has been president for the last four years?

How many years has Mittens been president?

I think having already held the job for four years made Barack Hussein much more qualified and experienced than Mittens.

Besides, haven't you heard? Mittens didn't even really want the job.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Uh.....you do know, don't you, that Barack Hussein has been president for the last four years?
Thanks, I didn't need to be reminded. I try to forget.
Quote:
How many years has Mittens been president?
What differences does it make?
Quote:
I think having already held the job for four years made Barack Hussein much more qualified and experienced than Mittens.
Holding the position does not make one qualified for it. Obama is eminently unqualified to be President.
  • His policies have resulted in the downgrading of our credit rating.
  • His policies have resulted in the skyrocketing of our debt.
  • Unemployment has been the highest it has been since the great depression, with no hope of improvement during the remainder of his term.
  • Fuel prices are dramatically higher than when he took office, and he refuses to approve drilling, and a pipeline that would be a boon to jobs and do much to lower prices.
  • Instead of keeping taxes low, he foolishly raises taxes on those most able to affect growth in the economy, the job creators.
  • He has wasted millions of taxpayer dollars on hand outs to promote so-called "green" energy (companies who have donated to his campaign) only to have them file for bankruptcy.
  • His foreign policies have left us in greater danger than we were when Bush left office.
  • He has enabled the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood to take power in Egypt, Libya, and elsewhere, and he has in fact facilitated it
Obama makes excuses for his failure by blaming the poor state of our economy on what he "inherited," even though we were far better of in December 2008 than we are today.

Quote:
Besides, haven't you heard? Mittens didn't even really want the job.
Baseless speculation. If he didn't want the job, he wouldn't have run.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Baseless speculation.
Hey! I didn't say it! His creepy son did.

Quote:
If he didn't want the job, he wouldn't have run.
Tell that to Mittens' creepy son.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
So if the problem Obama's critics have are with his competency, why call him a Marxist or Muslim?? Why hate him??

Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:

The reason they hate each other is very simple. The ones that happen to be in power at the moment get more of the loot. They would hate each other even if their policies were identical. They are all nothing but a pack of self serving political hoors.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:08 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:

I wouldn't give you 2 plug nickels for either of them...

Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
They arent. However, it is good cover for the hard left to make their guy more appealing to a nation that is generally moderate.

Obama is a hard left guy who has done plenty for anyone to see what he really is if they will just look.

The left will not admit that because the left cannot be honest about their intent as it would prevent people very voting for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies