Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.
They are not even in the same ballpark. Remember, what Obama wants is NOT what he gets... The House and Senate create the bills, not Obama. Obama has spoken at length at what HE wants and they are extreme leftist positions. What is odd, is people often talk about "extremism" and don't see the extremism in themselves... A lot of them in this forum...

Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I call shenannagins

I could care less of his skin color....I hate obama (just like I hated bush) because of his leftist fascist big government globalist policies
Unfortunately Working Class Hero, there are traitors among us that claim to be from the right or Republican that support Globalist policies that think it is our responsibility to babysit the world with other peoples money. They are Neo Cons and hate being called it.

I don't believe though it has anything to do with babysitting the world anyhow. It has to do with protecting other countries, which should be their own responsibility, but it is also to protect the Multi National Corporations and Central Banks that owe no allegiance to any country. Especially not to America.

Constitutionally, they have no right in using our tax dollars to police the world for a small group of elite, when it has nothing to do with the defense, protection or benefit to the citizens of this country.

The traitors to this country are the ones that write policies detrimental to its citizens just so they can pocket a few more coins and have a bit more power via playing god with the rest of the world.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
Mitt Romney is QUALIFIED to advance such policies. Barack Hussein is an unqualifed book worm with no training or experience.
What exactly qualifies Mitt? In business he was a flipper. Buy a company. trim fat and aertifically inflate profit so he could sell it. He never built a business by himself. Ever,

Old 01-24-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I just don't see how anyone can peg Obama as hard left. If he is, then so is every president in the last 50 years.
I think the confusion stems from everyone definitions of what is left and right when they are erroneously borrowing the government spokespeople and media definition rather than the common American outside politics definition.

Poll after Poll shows me that what the government and media puts out, is totally opposite from what I see in polls and people I know.

You have "Media Republicans" that believe in Big Government, Big Military and the Police State and all the Big Contracts that go along with that to their Military Industrial Complex and Security cronies.

You also have "Media Democrats" that believe in Big Government, Big Welfare and Police State also, all run by Wall Street Banks and Corporations that are all too happy to be at the head of the line and take our money.

I am not talking about the common American in those above definitions, but talking about what the supposed parties have been doing that claim to be working for us Americans.

This and many other forums and the polls I have seen are in stark contrast from what I see from the Government and Media.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Bush was handed a shiny Porsche*. He wrecked it completely.

Obama was handed a wrecked Porsche. It still needs more work but at least he has it running again.

Obama > Bush, by miles.

*dont even try to compare two down economic quarters in 2001 to the Great Recession, righties. That was less than a blip on the radar screen.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
What exactly qualifies Mitt? In business he was a flipper. Buy a company. trim fat and aertifically inflate profit so he could sell it. He never built a business by himself. Ever,
Mitt Romney is the total opposite of what made this country great.
The traditional successful American in our history saved what they could, borrowed from friends and family and got the rest from a local bank and eventually grew into a successful business.

Mitt Romney never started anything from the ground up, but always came in loading companies with debt and then cashing in after he bankrupted them. Before anyone says they were on the verge of bankruptcy anyways and that is capitalism at work. Tell me how Multi National Corporations and Banks, lobbying for regulations that is a pittance to them, but enough to kill small business's is capitalism? A lot of small companies are unable to make it because of the Big Corp Regulations imposed by lobbyists that help them and hurt the little guy. NeoCon much?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:21 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
If Obama's policies are very similar to Bush's and Romney's, why does the right detest him so much, and vice versa
Simple, because he is not R and W.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I never quite understood that. Is it that the people who despise both of them are ignorant or just disengenous??? I know there are some on the right who didn't approve of Bush's or Romney's policies, but vast majority of Republicans and conservatives backed their policies, regardless of what the say. Libertarian party received 1%.

Same goes for Democrats. Leftists have voiced dissaproval of Obama, but many Democrats, especially moderate and conservative Democrats seem to give Obama a pass, while they condemn policies by Bush and Romney.
It's partisan politics on both sides. And it's the same for the people who condemn both sides. You see a lot of people claiming the GOP and the Democrats are simply two different wings of the same party, which does the same thing your post is about except in the opposite direction - instead of ignoring what the parties do similarly, they ignore the very real differences.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Really? Mitt is a better businessman than Obama but the presidency is more than just the business part which is were mitt is severly lacking. Btw where does mitt's training and experience come from? Do you think that he learned alot while he was governor of MA? I don't think so, hell he could not carry his own state
Barack Obama has no business experience at all. Business experience is important to an understanding of how jobs are created, and to understand what a business needs to operate profitably, the effects of taxes on profitability and how taxation affects business decisions. Barack Obama is clueless in these areas.

Romney would have been a far better President, and we would have seen the economy begin to recover in short order.

I don't expect to see any recovery for the rest of Obama's term.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
They are not even in the same ballpark. Remember, what Obama wants is NOT what he gets... The House and Senate create the bills, not Obama. Obama has spoken at length at what HE wants and they are extreme leftist positions. What is odd, is people often talk about "extremism" and don't see the extremism in themselves... A lot of them in this forum...
What extreme leftist policies has Obama introduced or proposed as President???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies