Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
No, the thread is about dem voters getting freebies. No particular race. But it seems some want to say black and latino dem voters get free stuff.
Black and Latino voters to consume more social program money (welfare) than whites do. They also just happen to vote for Democrats in much higher percentages than whites vote for Republicans.

Why is this always so hard for people to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don't target anyone as a welfare queen, I'm simply posting facts that prove a point. The OP didn't ask us to qualify what "more" means... we were simply asked a question and we answered it with facts. This is the point in the thread when all communication stops, everyone on the left goes off the rails with fake outrage and they start throwing out insults about KKK websites and claiming that these numbers make conservatives racists. That's when I check out.
Not so fast -

Then you also agree with this:

Republicans feed on a ton of corporate welfare in billions.

Also the Republican mantra is "volunteerism" .. rely on the handouts of your local church, charities and local business "donations in the time of need.

Democrats focus on personal responsibility...pay your taxes to get government services (FEMA, police, firefighters, etc) not rely on handouts from charities etc. via volunteerism.

Obamacare is also based on the principle of personal responsibility..no one explains it better than Mitt Romney at the Heritage Foundation:

Mitt Romney First Introducing the Individual Mandate at Heritage in Jan. 2006 - YouTube

Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Democrats focus on personal responsibility...
Sorry... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. That had to be a mistake right?

Old 01-24-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Sorry... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. That had to be a mistake right?
Prove it wrong. No fake Tea Party talking points. You do rely on "volunteerism" dont you.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Prove it wrong. No fake Tea Party talking points. You do rely on "volunteerism" dont you.
I rely on my own work and what I produce myself, I don't belong or attend any church nor do I or have I ever taken a dollar from any religious group or anything like that. I live within my means, I save for my future and I don't expect anyone to take care of me. I pay my share of taxes and then some with no expectation whatsoever of SS being around when I need it.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I rely on my own work and what I produce myself, I don't belong or attend any church nor do I or have I ever taken a dollar from any religious group or anything like that. I live within my means, I save for my future and I don't expect anyone to take care of me. I pay my share of taxes and then some with no expectation whatsoever of SS being around when I need it.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Hey, as offensive as my statement is to people like you at least it's the truth. Your personal responsibility statement on the other hand could possibly go down as the funniest thing I've ever read on the internet.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
We don't know this down to a more granular level, but we know that at the state level, it's generally the red states that are among the biggest net takers of tax dollars.

The South especially is where they get a lot of Free Stuff...and these are states that overwhelmingly and broadly tend to vote Republican.

Is Your State A Net Giver or Taker of Federal Taxes? | The Big Picture

Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 AM

510 posts, read 430,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
We don't know this down to a more granular level, but we know that at the state level, it's generally the red states that are among the biggest net takers of tax dollars.

The South especially is where they get a lot of Free Stuff...and these are states that overwhelmingly and broadly tend to vote Republican.

Is Your State A Net Giver or Taker of Federal Taxes? | The Big Picture
The highest "taker" Southern states also have the largest black and hispanic populations(NM,LA,SC) who aren't exactly known for voting Republican.

Things are spread pretty evenly when you factor in for the all the empty Western Red states filled with Government administered land and Fed funded army bases that skew the totals.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 AM

724 posts, read 593,680 times
Haha still not one righty on here can come up with any proof, just more unsubstanciared BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies