Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times

Advertisements

Justified retribution? I suppose if one is philosophically a collectivist, then one can believe that just by being "a member" of a certain group- whatever the definition of that group may be - retribution is justified for the entrie group. Scary thought, that group think.

Sort of like being a true racist, in which one believes another race is genetically inferior to your own race. Not the fancified, casually thrown charge of racism thrown about today, simply to immobilize and isolate some one or some group that one disagrees with.

All in all, the collectivist strain of thought is something I do not understand, nor do I believe really moves society forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
God it must be painful to be a white male these days... all the angst, all the guilt, all the fear of justified retribution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 06:28 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Yeah, the dimissive, demeaning and marginalization tactic(s) is a favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Took exactly 4 replies from a post against feminism for a shaming response to come out. Happens every time.

I don't like welfare. You hate the poor.
I don't like abortion. You want to control womens' bodies.
I don't like government healthcare. You want people to die in the streets.
I don't like Obama. You're a racist.
I don't like free birth control. You want to impose your religion on everyone.

and

I don't like feminism. You just can't get laid/you're threatened by independent women.

It's funny how liberals like to talk about right wing talking points as if they don't have their own standard list of strawmen to trot out for any occasion.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Of course both ate the fruit. But it was she who first ate it and then she gave the fruit to the man, who didn't know which fruit it came from, and then that's when humanity when in a downward spiral. She knew exactly that it was the forbidden fruit, but she didn't care.

Many Christians would debate my views saying both are responsible, but that's how I see it. That's why society and humanity are the way they are today.
Oh, silly me, I thought you meant actual proof. Of course I already knew about the fairy tale version. Sorry to have troubled you.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:40 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,719,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Took exactly 4 replies from a post against feminism for a shaming response to come out. Happens every time.

I don't like welfare. You hate the poor.
I don't like abortion. You want to control womens' bodies.
I don't like government healthcare. You want people to die in the streets.
I don't like Obama. You're a racist.
I don't like free birth control. You want to impose your religion on everyone.

and

I don't like feminism. You just can't get laid/you're threatened by independent women.

It's funny how liberals like to talk about right wing talking points as if they don't have their own standard list of strawmen to trot out for any occasion.
Eh, I was just going for a cheap laugh. Sorry I made you cry instead.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
If y'all are gonna discuss feminism and the Bible, don't forget the first feminist, Lilith. She made Eve possible.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Yeah, the dimissive, demeaning and marginalization tactic(s) is a favorite.
One kind of response do you suppose you are going to get when you (not you personally) post such ridiculousness?

Are women supposed to defend themselves in anyway when targeted in such a post?

In your world, I guess not.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I believe he did try to explain it logically. The comment about how a woman would never be in his bed, that was a low blow that had nothing to do with the topic and was clearly just an attempt to insult him.
You're right, I should have qualified that statement--no thinking woman would be in his bedroom. I'm sure there are some fundamentalist Christian women out there who agree with him that women are the cause of every bad or evil thing in this world, and that God intended them to be chattel, who would be happy to be with Encino.

Quote:
I don't agree with him that women are the cause of everything wrong, but to his credit, he did try and explain it.
His explanation was the the Bible said so. Hardly the compelling evidence he claimed to have to back up his statements that women are the cause of everything that's gone wrong in civilization.

Quote:
The feminists just insult men rather than providing a logical explanation for their views. Is it because deep down, they realize their whole agenda is one-sided BS?
I'm guessing you are a white male. Would you would say that the whole agenda for the civil rights movement was "one-sided BS" as well?

Old 01-27-2013, 09:27 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Wow, a stupid and baseless stereotype on CD...who knew?

Don't tell me...let me guess...when you were a child your crayons were placed in the box in no discernible order because they had so many other important qualities to consider besides their color.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:31 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Not really true because men bashing threads are locked and women bashing ones aren't. There is one in relationships that several of us have complained about and it is still there.
Could you provide some examples?

Old 01-27-2013, 09:33 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
...feminism has changed American history into a narrative where all men got rich by a society-wide oppression of all women.
Really? How? Where? Can you provide some proof of this?

Quote:
They are going to re-write the Bible. They will go back to the Garden of Eden, and change the story so that only Adam disobeyed God. They will re-write it in a manner that makes Eve completely innocent and pure.
Who cares? The Bible has been re-written and re-translated scores of times. Only a kindergartener or someone on that level of intellect would believe Genesis is actual history.

Quote:
What do you all think?
I was hoping this post was a joke, frankly. Or a troll...because it really is very silly and nonsensical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies