Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 12:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's a lot more people that did not grow up in military towns or out in the country where gunshots are common. It might not be a "big deal" for you and you shouldn't dismiss it as such to others.

A lot of city folks are not "used to hearing gunshots" and they think the worst when they do.
Well tough, now they can say they have seen their military practice and they should be proud of the dedication that they are putting into training. I thought you Cons were all pro-military, why you so afraid of them all of a sudden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 01:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well tough, now they can say they have seen their military practice and they should be proud of the dedication that they are putting into training. I thought you Cons were all pro-military, why you so afraid of them all of a sudden?
You will never admit to or ever see any wrongdoing by the left because you are so blinded by partisan politics.

"tough" on those residents because the military wants to practice shooting from helicopters on US soil ?
You could care less because the people in charge are Dems.
If Bush were President the outrage would be marching in DC over this.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
It does make you wonder, doesn't it?

I live a few miles from Buckley AFB and the jets fly over my house every weekend.

I love seeing my tax dollars at work.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
I am curious do you have an article that says they were shooting blanks from a helicopter, I am beginning to think we have a case of telephone going on here with a lot of "I heard" going on.

Nevermind, I went back and reread the original article. I am sure people just ignored any warnings that were given.
What would you likely do if you heard any warnings about something like that? I would try very hard to forget about it thinking that it just couldn't happen. I bet that if the woman had had any warning all the gunfire would have brought it back to her memory.

You did read the remark by the person at the end about if it was good for our kids it was ok. That has a very Obama sound to it, to me.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I don't know about in the past, but, here's an article from today:

Army to use old jail in Galveston for training exercises today | abc13.com

They note the following regarding the Carnegie School exercise:

"The Army says it did notify the office of the city's public safety director, but the message never got out."
That sounds a lot like Obama, blame someday else for it whatever it is.

Actually not everybody watches the proper TV channel all the time. Of course the public safety director may have just let it slide or he/she may have thought there was no sense in scaring the hell out of the people.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
There's a lot more people that did not grow up in military towns or out in the country where gunshots are common. It might not be a "big deal" for you and you shouldn't dismiss it as such to others.

A lot of city folks are not "used to hearing gunshots" and they think the worst when they do.
Those poor people on the south side of Chicago may well be used to gunshots but not from low flying helicopters. They almost know the sound of warfare but not like that.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Leaners will become learners soon.

They'll learn that the club, mace, bullets, cuffs and the cold clank of doors behind you don't care what your political leanings are.
I doubt it.
Last year in Wisconsin, troops and equipment returning from Iraq, and the alarmists came out of the woodwork and claimed the military was going to take over whole neighborhoods at the orders of Obama. I'm still waitin'.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
You will never admit to or ever see any wrongdoing by the left because you are so blinded by partisan politics.

"tough" on those residents because the military wants to practice shooting from helicopters on US soil ?
You could care less because the people in charge are Dems.
If Bush were President the outrage would be marching in DC over this.
So are you now anti military or just now afraid of the military? You can send them to war but god forbid they practice at home.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
So are you now anti military or just now afraid of the military? You can send them to war but god forbid they practice at home.
Do you just make stuff up to pacify yourself and feel smug ?
You know nothing about me.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Do you just make stuff up to pacify yourself and feel smug ?
You know nothing about me.
Hey, I ain't the one terrified that the military was training in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies