Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Absolutely. If you are rude to someone this kind who helps people with these issues, it's horrible. No excuse for such behavior.
But she wasn't rude. Not in the slightest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
But she wasn't rude. Not in the slightest.
You say that because you agreed with her. "Best interviewer in the US" you called her. You have to listen to both programs back to back. There is a big difference.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
You say that because you agreed with her. "Best interviewer in the US" you called her. You have to listen to both programs back to back. There is a big difference.
No, I said that because Mrs. Gross was in no way whatsoever rude to Mrs. Cline. It was an extremely cordial interview, and I guarantee you Mrs. Cline would agree with that.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
I actually feel a little pity at anyone who can't see the leftist bias in so much media these days. The president even goes after channels or commentators directly if they disagree with him. I've never seen or heard of such activity in recent history.

I pity you because I know that reality is eventually going to come down hard on you at some point.
Oh please.
Show me one place in the interview that Terry Gross even approached rude.
You can't.

Talk about bias, your posts show it in aces.

Funny how you're changing the topic now to suit your biases.

How about Nixon's enemy list?
Oh yeah, he wasn't a "liberal" - Bush Jr. did the same through his dogs Rove and Cheney.

Don't forget that faux news sued in Florida to be allowed to lie.
They said they were "entertainment" not "news".
Don't want to look it up for yourself, there are several CD threads about it.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh please.
Show me one place in the interview that Terry Gross even approached rude.
You can't.

Talk about bias, your posts show it in aces.

Funny how you're changing the topic now to suit your biases.

How about Nixon's enemy list?
Oh yeah, he wasn't a "liberal" - Bush Jr. did the same through his dogs Rove and Cheney.
Nixon was not conservative, that's for sure. He was nothing but a foreshadowing of Barack Milhouse Obama. You probably disapproved of Nixon, while praising Obama's similar tactics which are basically Nixon to the extreme. In fact, I know that you do because leftists are all the same. They share one brain so to speak.

As far as Republicans being attacked by "journalists." It is a lot more extreme in their case being attacked on all sides. Quite different for Obama with just one channel doing so.

The media is Obama's best friend.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:05 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Again, you keep moving the goal post.
No need to respond, you're not worth reading.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Rude????? It was an incredibly cordial interview. Another great example of why Terry Gross is the best interviewer in the US.
I kept listening to it waiting for something rude or biased to happen but it never did. The host was cordial but completely factual and when the anti-choice people tried to make BS claims they got corrected with facts, which is exactly what should happen with misinformation and lies. That way listeners are informed of what actually is factually correct and what is factually wrong. Just because the facts don't fit the OP's desires doesn't mean those facts are untrue.

NPR isn't leftist, like all good actual sources of journalism they make great efforts to be impartial but being impartial doesn't mean both sides get to spin and tell lies. It is the host's job to separate fact from fiction so viewers can make informed choices.

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 01-30-2013 at 05:38 AM..

Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
I'm not surprised that political extremists, the ilk of the American Taliban, would be offended that an intelligent woman talked about issues they believe are sacred and untouchable. I don't often listen to Gross, because my schedule doesn't allow it. I do know, however, that she doesn't work for NPR. Her show comes from a member staion WHYY-FM in Philadelphia, which is syndicated on NPR. The 'thought police', the 'big-government' GOP and American Taliban, would prefer to limit freedom of speech. People who live this country should continue to speak-out against those who don't share our national values. Terry Gross, I believe, makes a positive contribution to public discourse.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I'm not surprised that political extremists, the ilk of the American Taliban, would be offended that an intelligent woman talked about issues they believe are sacred and untouchable. I don't often listen to Gross, because my schedule doesn't allow it. I do know, however, that she doesn't work for NPR. Her show comes from a member staion WHYY-FM in Philadelphia, which is syndicated on NPR. The 'thought police', the 'big-government' GOP and American Taliban, would prefer to limit freedom of speech. People who live this country should continue to speak-out against those who don't share our national values. Terry Gross, I believe, makes a positive contribution to public discourse.
I'm not questioning her abilities, just her morality. It doesn't matter if she works for NPR or if they just hire her program. They are all the same. They are leftist and biased which means that their methods are questionable. If you don't see that then you are certainly on the left also, like so many in this forum.

The light of God exposes everything. Those living in darkness will one day discover that and see everything for the way it is. For some it will be too late.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,461,442 times
Didn't notice any obvious ''rudeness''. Although that said, and speaking as a lib, I have heard her occasionally get kinda ''snippy'' with some guests you could tell annoyed her for one reason or another. Hey, big deal, so she's human, and it's not exactly like conservatives have the corner on ''fair and balanced'' (...LOL)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies