Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I bet he didn't watch ANYTHING. But you cling to your delusion. In my experience, the biggest paranoid, anti-government, gun hugging nutjobs are leftwingers. Most are Vietnam vets that grew to hate the government, and continue that hatred through every administration. But they hate the right MORE, because they consider them warmongers. I've had to distance myself from a family member, because of his violent hatred of Bush, and the fact that he became too nuts to be around.
But I thought conservatives supported smaller government and less military intervention...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Keep going that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Sure he was. Fantasy projection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'd bet my retirement savings he sat around and watched FOX News every single day.....

When you run out of any rational arguments, see postings above....this is what happens...nothing...

Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Unless you can point to some stats, that is your own opinion....and opoinions are like *******s, everyone has one...
FOCUS | Study: Fox News Viewers Have an IQ 20 Points Below US Average

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
But I thought conservatives supported smaller government and less military intervention...
That's why the Bush administration came up with the patriot act. Government actually grew more than any presidents before him.

Quote:
When you run out of any rational arguments, see postings above....this is what happens...nothing...
Couldn't be a liberal that grabbed that kid, liberals love flowers, not guns.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I bet he didn't watch ANYTHING. But you cling to your delusion. In my experience, the biggest paranoid, anti-government, gun hugging nutjobs are leftwingers. Most are Vietnam vets that grew to hate the government, and continue that hatred through every administration. But they hate the right MORE, because they consider them warmongers. I've had to distance myself from a family member, because of his violent hatred of Bush, and the fact that he became too nuts to be around.
You base your opinion on anecdotal evidence, while I base mine on numerous examples in the news over the past decade, all of which follow a familiar trend.

Like climate change deniers, you prefer to deny reality, and any statistical evidence you might present would include elevating an outlier while denying the majority exists.

It truly is difficult to have logical arguments with rightwingers. They rely on emotion rather than facts.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Exactly, but we do know that he did use a freaking gun now don't we. We do know that because of our lax gun laws a man who beats a dog to death with a lead pipe gets to have guns. Because thats freedom according to gun nuts. So thank god that crazy violent person had access to guns. 2nd Amendment
You have a link for the dog death....? Or are you just adding to the conversation?

What lax gun laws, have you tried to buy a gun?

I also continue to love the ignorance of the left stating that this is how every person acts with a gun...it's getting pretty pathetic, really....only to advnace an agenda that will not do anything to a criminal....

Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:

That's why the Bush administration came up with the patriot act. Government actually grew more than any presidents before him.
You're assuimg agian....whats your point? Nothing, got it!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Couldn't be a liberal that grabbed that kid, liberals love flowers, not guns.
Wasn't Bush a neo-con though. Conservatives and Republicans aren't what they used to be...

Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
You base your opinion on anecdotal evidence, while I base mine on numerous examples in the news over the past decade, all of which follow a familiar trend..
Then it should be easy to provide some evidence, you really don't expect us to believe you, now do you?

Quote:
Like climate change deniers, you prefer to deny reality, and any statistical evidence you might present would include elevating an outlier while denying the majority exists..
Nope, when you acknowledge that adding more laws, to law abiding peopple, the criminals won't care...

Quote:
It truly is difficult to have logical arguments with rightwingers. They rely on emotion rather than facts.
You have to provide a logical argument to be responded to with logic....Just like the daily talking point of "Emotion" than facts.

So here, let me ask you a logical question:

If the right acts with emotion only, why did the left go after the guns after the Sandy Hooks incident and not after safety of children in school, like the leadership of the NRA did....

Can you honestly answer that...I really doubt it...

Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
You have a link for the dog death....? Or are you just adding to the conversation?

What lax gun laws, have you tried to buy a gun?

I also continue to love the ignorance of the left stating that this is how every person acts with a gun...it's getting pretty pathetic, really....only to advnace an agenda that will not do anything to a criminal....
He beat his neighbors dog with a pipe look it up.

The lax gun laws that allows a man who beats a dog to death with a pipe, who threatens to shoot people if they are on his property, who patrolled his property at night with guns, who shot his neighbors truck because he backed into his fence or something, these are the actions of a disturbed mind.

I know to gun nuts his behavior(except for beating the dog) seems normal, but nah dude was troubled. He was exhibiting troubled behavior and yet this violent crazy person because of our lax gun laws had access to guns and even after he shot at his neighbor he got to keep his guns, because gun nuts say that's freedom.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
You're assuimg agian....whats your point? Nothing, got it!
The point is law enforcement officials in Alabama are ill equipped for a stand off where the bad guy has everything, thus they need training and expertise to rescue the kid.

As I've said, holding hostages in a bunker could lead to a stand off for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies