Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM

344 posts, read 428,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
National Parks? Oooh, how about the Military? That's a "social program". Interstate System? Social Security?

Ill give you the first 3, but I think you accidentally added the Social Security ponzi scheme....

Failures:

Post Office
War on Drugs
Tax System
Medicare
Medicaid
Public Education
Student Loans
Healthcare

Do I need to go on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,438,765 times
I work for an employer with several hundred employees. The insurance premium for the company actually went DOWN this year compared to last, minimally.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,241,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
sure you can. Cheaper to not have insurance and get it when you need it and then drop it when you don't. They can only get the fine via IRS tax refunds so set yourself up to not get refunds anymore.
Too bad Obama now takes insurance money as a tax.

Also, don't insurance companies make you wait a while before they pay for your misfortunes if you just signed up?

Old 01-31-2013, 10:58 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,910,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
If people are hiring for only 29 hours that isn't because of Obama. It's because they're dicks
No. It's because they don't want to give their staff health insurance.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,186,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
And they shouldn't have to.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Too bad Obama now takes insurance money as a tax.

Also, don't insurance companies make you wait a while before they pay for your misfortunes if you just signed up?
Go to the state pool. There's no more pre-existing.
Uncle Sam won't hold back your coverage.

There's a whole new ballgame about to start on 1/1/2014 with a whole new set of rules.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You think health insurance is the ONLY thing separating part time from full time ?
Really..the world as you know it revolves around having an insurance card in your pocket ?

If the full time employees get paid vacations and pension contributions the employer is mandated by law to provide that for all full time workers.

It's not just health insurance premiums here. The cost to a company could significantly rise if all these 30-39 part time workers magically become full time with the wave of an 18 page IRS statement.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,582,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
If people are hiring for only 29 hours that isn't because of Obama. It's because they're dicks
No, it's because they're trying to stay in business and keep people employed.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 AM

990 posts, read 940,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proverbs23and7 View Post
Welcome to the land of Obama care. This is what happens when you put mandates and regulations in the work place. Companies are now required to provide healthcare to anyone working over 30 hours a week. As usual, the private sector is always two steps ahead of the Washington Elite who havent had a real job their entire lives.

"29.9 hours is all you get from here Pal."
If you work for a company that's so cheap that it doesn't provide healthcare for full-time employees, you should find a better job.

My company has only ~40 full-time employees and we ALL get healthcare. In fact, every company I've ever worked for has provided healthcare to its employees. Only the most greedy and evil CEOs/Owners run a company and do not provide their employees with a benefits package.

While I think Obamacare is pretty dumb (I am not happy about paying for the healthcare of fat people who post a cost 10x as much to the system as I do), this is the kind of RWNJ talking point which just irks me.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,910,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You think health insurance is the ONLY thing separating part time from full time ?
Really..the world as you know it revolves around having an insurance card in your pocket ?
No, but surely adding thousands of dollars in insurance premium expenses isn't going to coax managers to make more full time employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies