Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 AM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Here we go. Last Friday, a co-worker's house was broken into while she was at work. They broke in, took valuables, and left. Her guns were taken.

Boy, guns are so useful.

Sounds to me like, you have a very irresponsible friend who used to own guns....

Maybe it was a good thing they were stolen....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,486,909 times
The lefties will continue building straw situations to prove their case...as if there weren't an endless amount of situations that one might be attacked.

These fantasies of theirs are much easier to counter with liberal policy than actually dealing with the real criminals.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,281,711 times
Quote:
Guns would've should've could've.
Inasmuch as you know little to nothing about firearms, how would you know?

Oh, that's right - you wouldn't

Old 04-02-2013, 11:04 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,942,353 times
The fort hood shooter was shot 6 times with a 9mm before he was stopped. How many rounds missed him?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:15 PM

255 posts, read 219,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Most people don't realize that there is a tremendous statistical improbability for a burglar to break into one's home in the middle of the night...There is this myth, often touted by the gun nuts, that it's not a matter of if a break-in happens but a matter of when.
Following that logic, why bother carrying insurance? You sound like an intelligent person so obviously you are in fine health and an extremely safe driver. Correct? Why don't you pitch that logic to people who have had a home invasion or burglary? Since when is it lunacy to be prepared? I wonder how many victims of such crime did not have the tools to defend themselves and family, and afterward wish that they did. Have you ever heard the expression that "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?

The reason everyone is up in arms (for lack of a better expression) over the barrage of gun regulations being proposed is because 1) It is a Constitutional right. 2) Changes proposed have the potential to affect people's very lives. Not affecting the quality of their life, but their very lives. Step out of your liberal box and ponder for a bit the rationale that the Founders had for including the 2nd Amendment in the first place. They were able to see tyrannical government at work via the British. Any person with wisdom and patience to observe humanity can see that, "We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion." They knew that as the country grew there would be the need to increase the size of government, and more people to assume the new roles required to keep it functioning.

And isn't that what we have been seeing over the last hundred years or so? You prepare for the future by studying the past. Human nature doesn't change. That's why it is human nature.

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -George Santayana

America is not learning from the past. Hell, we're hardly learning anything as far too many of us are only concerned with what we want here and now, and how do we get it. We don't look back, and we don't look forward, save for a few. And those few who are looking down the road are called (by yourself and others) paranoid. I don't know what else to say because experience has demonstrated to me that logic and wisdom fall on deaf ears of the Left. Emotion drives the Left and their argument.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Someone who can't hit a home invader with 10 bullets is not really suited for fighting, more for fleeing.
Don't people often find it difficult to keep control of their vehicle when someone almost hits them? I know one occasion where someone cut out in front of me that for a moment the car was difficult to control because fear and adrenaline caused me to react quickly and over-correct. Put that into a home invasion scenario. Is anyone truly mentally prepared for a break-in? They're afraid and the adrenaline causes the hands to shake.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I remember the same arguments being made on drunk driving, changes in the laws did make a difference.
But people still go out drinking and driving don't they? People still get killed by drunk drivers, don't they? Did ANY of those laws stop people from driving intoxicated? They knew the potential consequences. Did all the new laws make a difference to those who lost family or friends as a result of other people disregarding the law? Did any of the DUI laws lessen the pain they felt?

Changes in the law make a difference? For who?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Legal gun owners who have absolutely nothing to do with these deranged killers and do everything lawfully are tired of people trying to restrict our rights. Why is this so hard to understand?
I would have to say that the only plausible reason is that anti-gun people see "legal gun owners" as deranged killers too, just waiting for a chance.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,363,602 times
The leftie tactic when your house is being robbed and family assaulted...
Roll over and play dead, cover face if teeth chattering, silently chant "Make the bad man stop" over and over...
Say a silent prayer that your conservative neighbor is home and hears your knees knocking together, maybe she'll bail you out...maybe not since you soaped her car windows last november ...
After the thugs leave, call 911 for assaulted spouse, and for yourself after spouse assaults you...
Change pants...
Log onto CD to shake fist at crazy gun nuts

Old 04-03-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah?
Does anyone want to look back through this individual's comments and count the number of times she has started a response with "Oh yeah?". Pages 1-11 I counted three, then I skipped ahead to pg 50 and by God, THERE'S ANOTHER ONE! Just reading the responses plaguing this thread make me think we're debating with a girl in junior high.

Oh yeah? Well....

Oh yeah?....

Oh yeah?

Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah?

Last edited by OnTheLookout; 04-03-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies