Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:14 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times

Advertisements

[quote=citigirl;1791263]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post

males that go after males are pedophiles?
males that go after YOUNG UNDERAGE males are gay pedophiles..
I do not think that anyone who is a pedophile should be allowed to be around children period.. EVEN in the boy scouts..
I am not a pedophile.. and I am gay.. but because I'm gay I am not allowed to participate in the organization even though i am an eagle scout and could be good for the organization and many young people in it.
That is the injustice that people are pointing out.
An adult male coaching a girls high school volleyball team has the same opportunity to be a pedophile as a gay man being a scoutmaster....
making people guilty from fear and propoganda.. seems to be what you subscribe to... perhaps you are what you hate?[/QUOTE]

That's silly. I cannot be a male gay pedophile because I am a woman.
no.. but you can be someone that promotes propaganda.. as you pointed out earlier...
the notion in referring to me as a pedophile because I'm gay IS propaganda and baseless.. yet you continue to argue and dodge your own comments..
you're a mess...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 04:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I am saying the obvious that males that go after young males are gay pedophiles and I will post the link again that bily4 posted that shows just how dangerous they are to these young boys.

Scouting sex abuse cases

Why do you want to put these children at more risk?
Somehow I knew the topic would move to pedophila in error.

Gay people are not pedophiles
Lesbians are not pedophiles. (although this somehow is ok to me, even encouraged by me. )
Pedophiles are not gay or lesbians, they like little children.. Boys or Girls.. HUGE difference

There are a huge line of convicted pedophiles who have never had sex with "grown" people their own age. Lets all stipulate there is a difference..

Old 10-21-2007, 05:20 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
I pulled my son from the Boy Scouts when they refused to let gay men be leaders. When I was telling my mom about it, she said that she pulled my brother in the 60s when they refused to let a black boy join.

Hate does not contribute to character development, it contributes to fear.

BTW- pedophiles are sick and should be separated from all of society. Most pedophiles who molest boys or girls claim to be straight.

My 13 YO son has had a Big Brother (Big Bros/Big Sisters) for five years. His Big has had a live-in partner for the entire time, so he got a twofer. He spends overnights with them. Far from endoctrinating him, his Big gives him advice when he is upset over a break up with his girl friend. As my son's dad has died, his Big is in my will to have custody of my son if I die while he is a minor.

Hate hurts- everyone.

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 10-21-2007 at 05:34 PM..

Old 10-21-2007, 05:32 PM

384 posts, read 1,132,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I pulled my son from the Boy Scouts when they refused to let gay men be leaders. When I was telling my mom about it, she said that she pulled my brother in the 60s when they refused to let a black boy join.

Hate does not contribute to character development, it contributes to fear.
I was in the boy scouts, and contrary to what many of you believe, I was never indoctrined with this need to hate blacks or hispanics or gay people or any of that. Many boyscouts were white, yes this is true. But I think the nature of the program attracts more whites than blacks. And we had black members, and Asian members, and Hispanic members, and we all got along.

As for the gay part, that is their right as an organization to ban them. Do I agree with them banning gay people? I agree with them excersizing their rights as a private organization, regardless of my views of homosexuals.

And before anyone asks, I generally favor the gay rights agenda's and movements, so I'm not a bigot or some ignorant Christian homophobe, or whatever else you can throw at me. I would like to see gay people enjoy the same benefits that married straight couples have.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak88 View Post
I would like to see gay people enjoy the same benefits that married straight couples have.
Not really, as a gay dad can't be a scout master and you seem to support that position.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:37 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,064,247 times
I was a Life Scout and wasn't aware that the Boy Scouts were anti-gay at the time I was a scout. Now, I don't know. I've heard of Eagle scouts getting their Eagles denied because they are gay and that is just wrong. It wasn't much of an issue in our troop. We didn't talk about gays much one way or the other. We had one scout in our troop that was schizophrenic and another kid that was an agnostic. It was a very tolerant organization, so I thought.

I think its ironic that people are against openly gay scoutmasters. In reality there are alot of "gay" scoutmasters already, only they are deeply in the closet and in denial even to themselves, probably in some hetero marriage to fool themselves. That's the kind that molests teenage kids. Why would people be any more afraid of an openly gay scoutmaster any more than they would be of a male highschool teacher?

Old 10-21-2007, 08:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
I was a Life Scout and wasn't aware that the Boy Scouts were anti-gay at the time I was a scout. Now, I don't know. I've heard of Eagle scouts getting their Eagles denied because they are gay and that is just wrong. It wasn't much of an issue in our troop. We didn't talk about gays much one way or the other. We had one scout in our troop that was schizophrenic and another kid that was an agnostic. It was a very tolerant organization, so I thought.

I think its ironic that people are against openly gay scoutmasters. In reality there are alot of "gay" scoutmasters already, only they are deeply in the closet and in denial even to themselves, probably in some hetero marriage to fool themselves. That's the kind that molests teenage kids. Why would people be any more afraid of an openly gay scoutmaster any more than they would be of a male highschool teacher?
the problem is the organization has been hijacked by many churches.. namely the Mormon church (just one example) so.. the organization does not promote hate.. but in looking out for their own interests and their base.. they're forced to choose sides on these gay issues...
Frankly I think making good organizations choose is wrong..[mod cut]

Last edited by ontheroad; 10-21-2007 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: Let's try to keep it clean.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:12 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Wow. If I ever have a son, he will NOT be joining the Boy Scouts! Between the anti-gay agenda, their former race issues (according the the poster who said that), and the numerous counts of abuse, I think we'll be finding another social activity for him. I was a Brownie (junior Girl Scout) for about 2 years, and don't remember gaining much... it was fun getting patches and selling cookies, but I do recall being uncomfortable on MANY occasions due to my religious beliefs. I'm sorry, but I see no reason to support organizations with all of the above problems. Don't care if they exist or not, but my children certainly won't be participating. Little League, Hebrew School and band practice will have to be good enough, LOL.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
In the stance, are you stating that NAACP foster hate?
How about the Negro college fund?
The Girl Scouts foster hate not admitting Boys?
Boys football teams are fostering hatred against girls?
Catholic schools foster hate by not admitting non-catholics?
Even golf courses are fostering hate against the poor by not giving them free access?

I know.. I know.. I'm blowing it out of porportion, but I think you got my point..
Actually, I don't get your point... they aren't called the "straight boy scouts," they're simply called the Boy Scouts - and claim purposes that don't include discrimination. BIG difference between a group that clearly states their specialized purpose, and one that excludes a group of potentially good people for no reason.

And to address your points specifically...
- The NAACP & NCF offer scholarships to people of all races (which I provided sources for on another thread)
- There are many golf courses with low/no-cost access or "scholarships"
- Girl Scouts and football teams are irrelevant, since they have opposite-gender counterparts, thus giving both genders the opportunity. If there was a Gay Scouts too, I'd say you had a point there...
- Catholic schools admit kids from ALL different religions, including a few Jewish kids I grew up with. Did you think they only allowed Catholics? I went to a private Methodist College, and my Orthodox Jewish grandfather was a department Dean at Villanova (a Catholic college). Not to mention, there are private schools for nearly every religion - so non-Catholics have other equivalent options.

Last edited by gizmo980; 10-21-2007 at 10:36 PM..

Old 10-21-2007, 10:38 PM

P.S. Am I the only one who's noticed a lot of "missing scouts" stories lately? Don't want to further bash the group, but it seems they're not even succeeding at their REAL purpose (wilderness survival) these days.

Boy Scout missing in N.C. found alive - U.S. Life - MSNBC.com
CNN.com - Missing Scout found alive in Utah - Jun 21, 2005
Scouts Missing In N.C. Mountains Found Safe - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville (http://www.news4jax.com/news/14187919/detail.html - broken link)

Though to their credit, at least they were all found alive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies