Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,042,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
That's not true. Glocks are designed to have fluid tolerances and vary from gun to gun. I can fire mine almost fully out of battery, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can. Each glock is very different and the owner needs to study her capabilities.
Me trusty G-19 says 'that' much.

Spoiler

She won't fire. That's exact and I had to use the take down grip to get it and hold it steady.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"Are gun owners really tougher, braver, and more masculine than non-gun owners?"

No!

no they are not. but firearm owners for the most part are willing to take the responsibility of their safety in their own hands instead of relying on dialing 911 and waiting for the cops to arrive.

when seconds count, the cops are only minutes/hours/days away.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,547 times
I refuse to believe this guy is tougher/braver than any one not obsessed with guns :

Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I refuse to believe this guy is tougher/braver than any one not obsessed with guns :
You're right. I'm a bit more afraid of someone like this, than of someone with a gun. Looks like a total nut.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You're right. I'm a bit more afraid of someone like this, than of someone with a gun. Looks like a total nut.
You support gun confiscation from private individuals - isn't this correct?

Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
no they are not. but firearm owners for the most part are willing to take the responsibility of their safety in their own hands instead of relying on dialing 911 and waiting for the cops to arrive.

when seconds count, the cops are only minutes/hours/days away.
So if you didn't have your gun you would just sit there and do nothing?? Doesn't sound very brave if you ask me.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:28 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You support gun confiscation from private individuals - isn't this correct?
If that's what it takes, you bet I do. I would like my country to cease being a gun-ridden hellhole, where injury and death by guns is a constant and daily event.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
If that's what it takes, you bet I do. I would like my country to cease being a gun-ridden hellhole, where injury and death by guns is a constant and daily event.
Then put God back into our schools. Teach children right from wrong.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 AM

20,467 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Too bad you prefer hyperbole to reality.
You want to clean your country up? How about dealing with the real issues that are killing Americans?
Did you know that more people die from ingesting household cleaners every single year, than die from firearms?
Did you know more kids die every single year (by a factor of 25) from drowning in swimming pools?
Did you know that for every person who dies as a result of a bullet escaping the end of a gun; there are 10 or more who die because a drunk decided they really can drive?
Did you know drugs used by parents that many liberals and libertarians want to decriminalize lead to abuse, abandonment and yes even death in massive numbers every single year? In fact, if you deal with reality you know that the largest part of the reason why parts of America are "gun ridden hellholes" is because of DRUGS?

Go talk to ta social worker and find out what causes parts of America to be hell holes.

How about the fact that in virtually every single case of a mass shooting, there were attempts to get the person committed but because of LAWS passed in this country in the last 40 years, those who care for the insane killer, were thwarted from getting their loved one help?

Nooooooo. You don’t care about that. You care about hyperbole. You care about doing something that will make you feel good about yourself. Don’t deal with reality. Don’t deal with CAUSE. Just run out there and say things that cannot be backed up with FACTS and hate a lump of metal because you buy the lie that guns are the enemy.

Good grief.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Women who are gun enthusiasts are less likely to be bullied or victimized by abusive men. They look for softer targets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies