Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:12 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,698 times

Advertisements

I'd never really thought about it until the recent story about women now being allowed in combat roles. Why the h**l don't 18-year old women have to register just the same as 18-year old men? If there is no discrimination within the military, why is there discrimination in the law? I would love to see the government sued over that. I'd say any female who doesn't support the idea and wants equal rights, is a complete hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Call you Congressman and suggest that, I have no problem with men and women having to sign up with Selective Service...but at the same time, Selective Service is probably something you will never see used again in this country so I don't even know why we still have to have our young men signing up for it.

I think it is something we should just do away with.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
I have agreed with this since I was 18, a long long time ago. There s/b no difference. Either all register or none.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:20 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,809,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Call you Congressman and suggest that, I have no problem with men and women having to sign up with Selective Service...but at the same time, Selective Service is probably something you will never see used again in this country so I don't even know why we still have to have our young men signing up for it.

I think it is something we should just do away with.
Never say never.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,698 times
In addition, there are all sorts of penalties for men who fail to register--no student loans, no government jobs (ok maybe thats not a penalty), threats of fines, etc. I bet this would be easily overturned by the Supreme Court.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I'd never really thought about it until the recent story about women now being allowed in combat roles. Why the h**l don't 18-year old women have to register just the same as 18-year old men? If there is no discrimination within the military, why is there discrimination in the law? I would love to see the government sued over that. I'd say any female who doesn't support the idea and wants equal rights, is a complete hypocrite.

Because women are more equal than men.

They outnumber and outvote men in every election.

This means you can't get elected to public office without pandering to women.

FTR, I believe women should be excluded from both the draft and infantry MOSs.

However, if women want infantry MOSs, they can sign up for the draft too.

I know it won't happen, but that's what should happen.

The feminist movement in America has always been without principle.

Women will continue to grant themselves privileges while rejecting responsibilities.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Never say never.
Then re-instate it if it is ever needed again. Right now we have more than enough people willing to enlist voluntarily and it is better to get the people who want to do it rather than forcing people to enlist.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 PM

734 posts, read 933,206 times
Contrary to the prevailing liberal/feminist opinion, women and men are not equal in physical strength and endurance. We have separate roles. Although, our intended roles are currently viewed as archaic; families were more stable and society was better off, when each gender understood and respected their roles.

For those who have forgotten, women have the ability to produce life. Although not every woman chooses to become a mother, for those that do, their primary responsibility is ensuring that their children thrive and flourish. While, a man who chooses to have a family, has an obligation to support and protect them.

Our society believes that it has "evolved," but the funny part is, the more we move away from our traditional roles, the more pathological our society becomes...

Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Contrary to the prevailing liberal/feminist opinion, women and men are not equal in physical strength and endurance. We have separate roles. Although, our intended roles are currently viewed as archaic; families were more stable and society was better off, when each gender understood and respected their roles.

For those who have forgotten, women have the ability to produce life. Although not every woman chooses to become a mother, for those that do, their primary responsibility is ensuring that their children thrive and flourish. While, a man who chooses to have a family, has an obligation to support and protect them.

Our society believes that it has "evolved," but the funny part is, the more we move away from our traditional roles, the more pathological our society becomes...
How is that a prevailing liberal opinion ?

Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Because women are more equal than men.

They outnumber and outvote men in every election.

This means you can't get elected to public office without pandering to women.

FTR, I believe women should be excluded from both the draft and infantry MOSs.

However, if women want infantry MOSs, they can sign up for the draft too.

I know it won't happen, but that's what should happen.

The feminist movement in America has always been without principle.

Women will continue to grant themselves privileges while rejecting responsibilities.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies